FSSAI has extended date for FSSAI Food license renewal amid COVID-19 pandemic. FSSAI has brought news of relief in the lives of food business operators by extending the grace period until June 30, 2020, to make them apply for FSSAI Food license renewal or FSSAI registration renewal either expired or on the way to get expired between the duration from March 22, 2020, to May 31, 2020, because of countrywide lockdown in COVID-19 outbreak.
In an FSSAI Food license renewal extension order, FSSAI has stated that since movement got restrained amid the lockdown period that shook the entire nation, food business operators are finding it difficult to take the help of state authorities, helpdesks, and consultants in filing applications for FSSAI license renewal or FSSAI registration. Earlier, it was easy for FBOs to take the help of state consultants, helpdesks as well as authorities. However, the emergence of the COVID-19 outbreak in India has put hindrances in the path of food business operators.
Decisions Taken Regarding FSSAI Food License Renewal by FSSAI
Concerning FSSAI Food license renewal, the FSSAI has considered the matter and came up with the following decisions-
- All those food business operators whose FSSAI license or FSSAI registration has either expired or is expiring between March 22, 2020, and May 31, 2020, would get a grace period to apply for FSSAI license/registration renewal till June 30, 2020, excluding any late fees.
- The FSSAI license and FSSAI registration would get assumed as valid during the interim period.
- Looking at the interrupted internet services in the Union Territories of Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir, FSSAI vide order number 15- (6) – 2017/FLRS/RCD/FSSAI -dated October 3, 2019, permitted food business operators whose FSSAI registrations/FSSAI license expired or either expiring since August 1, 2019, until internet services get restored to keep running their food businesses with existing registration/license number without any late fee, till order brought ahead.
- Now, after the restoration of the internet in the region, the said order comes to a halt. However, on account of the lockdown period amid COVID-19 Pandemic, food business operators would still face the difficulty in filing the applications for license renewal.
- Therefore, for Union Territories of Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir, all those food business operators whose registration or license has got expired or is expiring during the time frame of August 1, 2019, and May 31, 2020, would get the grace period to apply for license/registration renewal until June 30, 2020, along with no late fee charges would get charged.
- The registration/license would get assumed as valid within the interim period.
Read our article:Procedure for Getting Online FSSAI Central License in India
Required Documents for FSSAI Food License Renewal
You can apply for FSSAI Food license renewal by submitting the following documents-
For FSSAI Basic Registration
- Form A must get submitted and signed by food business operators as well as supporting documents
- Two passport size applicant’ photos
- ID Proof such as a Passport, Senior Citizen Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- NOC’s by Health Department, Panchayat or Municipality and more, if any
- Rent Agreement, if any
For FSSAI State or FSSAI Central License
- Form B duly completed and signed
- ID, Address proof along with photos of Partner/Proprietor/Authorized Signatory/Directors
- Layout plan related to the food processing plant
- Directors list along with their complete address and contact details
- Food category list for the manufacturers
- NOC from the Municipality or other local bodies
- Letter of Authority specified by the manufacturer
- Name & No. of equipment’s according to installed capacity as well as horsepower concerning manufacturing and processing unit
- Partnership Deed/ Affidavit in case of Proprietorship and Copy of AOA and MOA in case of Company
- Certificate granted by the Tourism Ministry of India for the hotel industry
- Define the source of milk and products related to milk along with milk collection centre and raw material source of meat and meat processing unit
- Certificate issued by the Ministry of Commerce for 100% EOU (Applicable in case of central license)
- IEC documents circulated by DGFT (Applicable in case of Central License)
- Pesticide residue report of water for products packaging like carbonated beverages, mineral and so on
- Supporting documents as turnover proof (Applicable in case of Central License)
- A cancelled cheque
- Mandatory Possession proof (Sales Deed, Electricity Bill, etc.)(Applicable in case of Central License)
- Water Analysis Report to get used in the food (Applicable in case of Central License)
Types of FSSAI Food License Renewal
The three types of food license renewal are-
- Renewal of Basic FSSAI License– FBOs with their turnover less than Rs. 12 lakh
- Renewal of State FSSAI License– FBOs with their turnover between the range of Rs. 12 lakh- Rs. 20 crore
- Renewal of Central FSSAI License– FBOs with their turnover more than Rs. 20 crore
FSSAI came up with a much-needed solution for the food business operators by bringing the decision of extension of FSSAI Food license renewal amid the COVID-19 lockdown. Food business operators have got the grace period to apply for FSSAI license/registration renewal till June 30, 2020, along with the additional benefit of no late fee would get charged. There are some mandatory documents that should get submitted in order to apply for FSSAI license renewal. For any assistance regarding the FSSAI license and its renewal, you can consult Corpbiz experts.
Read our article: FSSAI Registration Fees and Various Aspects