Overview on TSDF Facility Services
TSDF stands for Treatment, Storage, and disposal facilities. Treatment facilities categorize and follow incineration or oxidation to change the character and composition of hazardous wastes. TSDF facilitates the collection, transportation, storage, treatment, and disposal of hazardous waste in environment friendly manner. Storage enables keeping the hazardous waste until they get treated or disposed of the disposal facility permanently disposes of the hazardous waste. The most basic type of disposal facility is a landfill. Hazardous waste is disposed of in the specially designed units that protect groundwater and surface water resources. The TSDF welcomes the generator and transporter in waste management activities. The regulations that apply to TSDFs are more stringent than those that apply to generators or transporters.
Why is there a need to treat hazardous waste?
Hazardous waste contains toxic elements that can harm the environment and humans. Thus, hazardous waste should be treated and disposed of before discharging into the environment. Hazardous waste can be treatable by chemical, biological, and physical methods.
Types of TSDF facility services
What are the criteria required to store hazardous waste under the TSDF facility services?
- There should be distinct columns for flammable, ignitable, reactive, and non-compatible wastes in a storage facility.
- The storage sheds must be separated by at least 15 meters.
- The container must be built or lined up with a suitable material that will not react with the hazardous wastes stored in it.
- Cotton should be used instead of water to clean up any leaks or spills.
What are the criteria required for the transportation of hazardous waste under TSDF facility services?
- Container under which the hazardous waste is kept must maintain its integrity for at least six months.
- The container must not shatter or be faulty during shipping.
- The waste contents should not react with the packaging material.
- It must be indicated on the container with the contents of the garbage.
- Hazardous waste storage vessels must be labeled with "HAZARDOUS WASTE" in a common language, such as in Hindi or English.
- Numbers to call in an emergency should be prominently highlighted.
- The waste code number, waste kind, place of origin (generator name, address, and phone number), hazardous property (e.g., ignitable, corrosive, toxic, and the symbol for the hazardous property) must all be listed on the label (e.g., the red square with flame symbol).
What are the criteria required for Treatment of hazardous waste under TSDF facility services?
- To treat Hazardous Waste, adequate apparatus must be installed in the plant.
- Physical, chemical, and biological processes should be used to treat hazardous waste.
What are the criteria required for Disposal of Hazardous Waste?
- To treat Hazardous Waste, it should be disposed of in a landfill.
- The hazardous dump will be located far away from any human settlement.
- Boundaries should surround the hazardous dumps.
What are the Licenses required to set up TSDF Plant?
- Environment clearance from central and state government
- Hazardous waste authorization
- Gaseous emissions regulations for hazardous waste incinerators
- Noise Pollution, Effluent Discharge, Surface/Ground Water Norms, and Ambient Air Quality Norms are all part of the DG set of standards.
- General guidelines for the discharge of contaminants in the environment.
TSDF Facility Services
What are the documents required for the Registration of the TSDF Plant?
- GST Certificate
- Company incorporation certificate
- Aadhar card of authorized signatory
- PAN card of authorized signatory
- Layout plan
- Memorandum of Articles
- Topo map
- Water bill
- Details of pollution control equipment
- Rent agreement
How can we assist you?
- Corpbiz will assist in agreement with the TSDF
- Assist in complete Documentation
- Consultation on application
- Provide End-to-end service
- Delivering of License
Frequently Asked Questions
Any combustible waste with a calorific value of at least 2000 kcal/kg of material is considered incinerable waste (waste that may be burned in an incinerator). The calorific value of materials with an extremely low calorific value Recyclable materials.
Plastic, cardboard, and wood are all common materials; Rubber, cotton, oily rags, Scraping paint, Food waste, Waste lubrication oil, often known as sludge oil, Female hygienic binds, Contaminated water is destroyed.
Hazardous waste management facilities receive, treat, store, and dispose of hazardous waste. The TreatmentTreatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDF) comes after the generator and transporter in the waste management chain.
Total 27 TSDF sites in India
These wastes can damage the environment if they are not adequately treated or controlled. That is why it is essential to comprehend each primary classification type. The four distinct classifications are listed wastes, characteristic wastes, universal wastes, and mixed wastes.