Overview on TSDF Facility Services
TSDF stands for Treatment, Storage, and disposal facilities. Treatment facilities categorize and follow incineration or oxidation to change the character and composition of hazardous wastes. TSDF facilitates the collection, transportation, storage, treatment, and disposal of hazardous waste in environment friendly manner. Storage enables keeping the hazardous waste until they get treated or disposed of the disposal facility permanently disposes of the hazardous waste. The most basic type of disposal facility is a landfill. Hazardous waste is disposed of in the specially designed units that protect groundwater and surface water resources. The TSDF welcomes the generator and transporter in waste management activities. The regulations that apply to TSDFs are more stringent than those that apply to generators or transporters.
Why is there a need to treat hazardous waste?
Hazardous waste contains toxic elements that can harm the environment and humans. Thus, hazardous waste should be treated and disposed of before discharging into the environment. Hazardous waste can be treatable by chemical, biological, and physical methods.
Types of TSDF facility services
What are the criteria required to store hazardous waste under the TSDF facility services?
What are the criteria required for the transportation of hazardous waste under TSDF facility services?
- Container under which the hazardous waste is kept must maintain its integrity for at least six months.
- The container must not shatter or be faulty during shipping.
- The waste contents should not react with the packaging material.
- It must be indicated on the container with the contents of the garbage.
- Hazardous waste storage vessels must be labeled with "HAZARDOUS WASTE" in a common language, such as in Hindi or English.
- Numbers to call in an emergency should be prominently highlighted.
- The waste code number, waste kind, place of origin (generator name, address, and phone number), hazardous property (e.g., ignitable, corrosive, toxic, and the symbol for the hazardous property) must all be listed on the label (e.g., the red square with flame symbol).
What are the criteria required for Treatment of hazardous waste under TSDF facility services?
What are the criteria required for Disposal of Hazardous Waste?
- To treat Hazardous Waste, it should be disposed of in a landfill.
- The hazardous dump will be located far away from any human settlement.
- Boundaries should surround the hazardous dumps.
What are the Licenses required to set up TSDF Plant?
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
What are the documents required for the Registration of the TSDF Plant?
How can we assist you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Any combustible waste with a calorific value of at least 2000 kcal/kg of material is considered incinerable waste (waste that may be burned in an incinerator). The calorific value of materials with an extremely low calorific value Recyclable materials.
Plastic, cardboard, and wood are all common materials; Rubber, cotton, oily rags, Scraping paint, Food waste, Waste lubrication oil, often known as sludge oil, Female hygienic binds, Contaminated water is destroyed.
Hazardous waste management facilities receive, treat, store, and dispose of hazardous waste. The TreatmentTreatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDF) comes after the generator and transporter in the waste management chain.r
Total 27 TSDF sites in India
These wastes can damage the environment if they are not adequately treated or controlled. That is why it is essential to comprehend each primary classification type. The four distinct classifications are listed wastes, characteristic wastes, universal wastes, and mixed wastes.