Overview on RERA Registration for Agent
A real estate plan that must be registered under the RERA Act can be dealt with only by an agent having RERA Registration for Agent. RERA registration is required to do the following works, which are as follows:-
- Book, sell or, offer for sale or,
- Invite persons to invest in any plot, apartment, or building.
Also, the State Governments have been provided with the powers to issue rules and regulations related to RERA registration for real estate agent registration. Hence, only an Agent having RERA Registration is eligible for dealing in properties having RERA registration.
Who is a Real Estate Agent?
A "Real estate agent" is an individual who performs on behalf of another person in a real estate transaction and is profited with fees for the service extended. The agent helps his clients buying, selling, or renting properties. The real-estate agent advice clients about-
- Market Scenario, and
- Provide aid through the process of buying, selling, or leasing properties.
When Projects can only be sold by an Agent having RERA Registration?
The project can only be sold by an agent having RERA Registration when-
- Any real estate project where the area of development exceeds 500 sq. meters, or
- If the number of apartments developed are more than 8.
Rera Registration for Agent
What are the Advantages of obtaining a RERA Registration for Agents?
- Ensures Transparency
The main motive behind obtaining a RERA Registration for agents is to ensure full transparency in the real estate projects.
- Builder's Trustworthiness
With the help of RERA registration, the agent gives assurance of the credibility of the builder. Normally, the buyers prefer to deal with the builders who have RERA registration.
- Full Disclosure of Project Details
Agents registered under RERA registration are well-aware of all details like project-plan, layout, govt. approvals, etc. that help the client in decision making.
- Entertains the Complaints
All complaints or grievances raised by the clients and investor is directly entertained by the Agent registered under RERA.
- Complete Information of Builder
RERA registration allows the buyers or investors of real estate to be able to get full information related to the builders or developers.
What Documents are Required for RERA Registration for Agent?
Below-mentioned documents are required for RERA Registration-
- Id and address proof of the potential agent.
- Contact Details
- A passport size photograph of the agent
- Particulars related to his organization such as name and registered address.
- In case of a company, Certificate of Incorporation, PAN Card and MSME Certificate, etc.
- Details of the Project along with the promoter details.
- The Approved layout of the project.
What is the Procedure to obtain the RERA Registration for Agent?
Every real estate agent is directed to make an application for registration to the state Real Estate Regulatory Authority. An application shall be submitted along with the documentation and fees as prescribed by the law.
Once the application is reviewed, the authority will grant a registration for the respective state as applied for. However, the authority may even reject the application if he has a sufficient reason for rejection. However, before such a rejection, the opportunity of being heard will be provided.
Note-If the applicant does receive any reply from the authority, consider your application to be accepted. The authorities shall issue the registration number, along with the certificate, within 30 days from the date of registration.
Step-by-step process to obtain the RERA Registration for Agent
- Filing of Application form
The applicant shall make an application to the authority along with the requisite details and documents.
Note-The form varies from state to state.
- Payment and Requisite Documents
Once the application is submitted along with the required documents, the applicant shall also pay the requisite fees either by the way of –
• Demand draft or,
• Bankers cheque is drawn on any scheduled bank or,
• Online payment to the real estate regulatory authority is calculated in the schedule.
- Acceptance or Rejection of Application
The authority will accept or reject the application within 30 days of receipt of such application form.
- Issuance of Registration Certificate
The authority shall issue a registration certificate to the agent.
What are the Penalties Associated for Agents under the RERA Act?
- In case of default, the agent shall be liable for a penalty of Rs 10000 per day that can extend to 5% of the cost of the plot or building.
- In case the agent is involved in any unfair trade practices, he shall be liable for punishment by way of 1-year imprisonment.
- Up to 5 % of the property cost for non-compliance with the orders of REM.
- Up to 10% of the cost, imprisonment of up to 1 year or both for non-compliance with the orders of the Appellate Tribunal.
What are the Roles of the Real Estate Agent?
The real estate agents play various roles which are explained below:-
- Keeping Records
The real estate agents keeps all the records of the promoters as well as their projects.
- Provide Proper Documents to Buyer
The agents must present all the records and documents to the buyer as and when required.
- Provides Information to the Public
The agents provide the accurate and genuine information to the public and shall not misguide them with false facts of the projects.
- Deal Fairly
The agent should act fairly with the hard-earned money of their clients.
CorpBiz Procedure for RERA Registration for Agent
Kindly utilize the steps given above to integrate legally and securely a RERA Registration for Agent and get the benefits in the form of better-quality sales and satisfied clients. Our CorpBiz experts will be at your disposal for assisting you with guidance concerning RERA Registration for Agent and its compliance for the smooth functioning of your real estate business in India. CorpBiz professionals will assist you in planning seamlessly at the least cost, confirming the successful conclusion of the process.
It is advisable that an attorney with “real estate experience” must be appointed to overwhelm many of the potential pitfalls that creep around within RERA Registrations for Agent and to understand the requirement in detail. The elementary information would be mandatory from your end to start the process. The Attorney will begin working on your request once all the information is provided, and the payment is received.
CorpBiz is one of the platforms which coordinate to fulfill all your legal and financial requirements and connect you to consistent professionals. Yes, our clients are pleased with our legal service! Because of our focus on simplifying legal requirements, they have consistently regarded us highly and providing regular updates.
Our clients can also track at all times the progress on our platform. If you have any questions about the RERA Registration process for Agent, our experienced representatives are just a phone call away. CorpBiz will ensure that your communication with professionals is charming and seamless.
- Purchase a Plan for Expert Assistance
- Add Queries Regarding RERA Registration for Agent
- Provide Documents to Corpbiz Expert
- Prepare Application for RERA Registration for Agent+ Complete all Admissibility Criteria for Preliminary Screening
- Complete Procedural Actions
- Get your RERA Registration for Agent at your Door Step!
Frequently Asked Questions
The RERA registration granted shall be valid for 5 years.
The authorities issue the registration certificatewithin 30 days from the date of registration.
In case the default is made, it may result in-
- Suspension of registration, or
- Penalty of Rs 10,000 per day that may extend up to 5% of the value of the deal.
If the RERA registration is rejected or canceled then the buyer should ask for the complete refund of his entire amount, including the damages and the compensation.
Any builder who wants to develop a residential or commercial property on land that is more than 500 sq. Meters or the number of proposed apartments in all phases is more than 8, get their self-registered under RERA.
No, RERA does not cover rental projects.
Id & address, Contact Details, Photographs, Particulars related to his organization such as name and registered address, Certificate of Incorporation, PAN Card and MSME Certificate, etc along with the details of the Project along with the promoter details, and the Approved layout of the project.
- Where the area of land proposed to be developed does not exceed 500 sq/m or the number of apartments proposed to be developed does not exceed 8, inclusive of all phases.
- Where promoter has received completion certificate for Real Estate Project before the commencement of Act.
- For purpose of renovation or re-development which does not involve marketing, advertising, selling, or new allotment of any apartment, plot, or building, under real estate project.
RERA covers both commercial and residential projects.
Registration can be extended only in the case ofnatural calamities or in the case of a war.