Overview of Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC)
Delhi Pollution Control Committee is responsible to issue a license called “DPCC license”. DPCC is governed and regulated by ministry of Environment & Forests & climate change. DPCC is a kind of no objection certificate which government issues to make sure that the existing business or proposed business model are not causing any harm to the environment and will not affect it in the near future as well. With the different changes in the method for living or Development or Capacity improvement or Production procedure or setting up in industries, the Entrepreneurs are required to acquire first the "No objection" Certificate from the Board as recommended by the Law.
Under u/s 25/26 of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 government has made it compulsory that no person has the right to establish any industry or involve in any sort of treatment and disposal of the waste without having DPCC consent.
DPCC has its reality since 1991 and is independent body. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has willingly assigned all its responsibilities and functions to DPCC.
The Environment pollution (Prevention and control) Authority (EPCA) which is followed by different organizations is bolstered by DPCC and the concerned offices guarantee the strict action against unlawful businesses.
Why DPCC Consent is required?
- It helps in prevention of water and air
- It maintains the quality of air
- Improves the environmental condition thus create a better life for the Delhi people.
- Proficient waste management measures and practices with the goal that all sort of waste are reused and diminished.
- Making the work environment eco-friendly for nature by changing, correcting embracing vitality productive practices like CNG, sun based lights, changing the cylinder lights to less devouring force and introducing low energy equipment, and so on.
Delhi Pollution Control Committee
Documents required for obtaining DPCC Consent
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card with Registered mobile number
- CA certificate
- BSES (Electricity bill) latest
- Registry/Rent Agreement
- MCD license(Only for Restaurant)
- Valid consent from state pollution control board for the purchaser for import and signed undertaking from the purchaser (Only for Import application)
- Bio medical waste agreement (only for clinics and hospitals)
- Delhi Medical council Certificate (only for clinics and hospitals)
Types of Industries
DPCC has classified Industrial activities in White, Red, Green and Orange categories. These categories are decided on the basis of Pollution Potential as already mentioned on the website of DPCC.
In 2016, the government has come with the concept of ‘White Category’. The category is launched with an attempt to segregate the least polluting industry. Though, these industries do not require any consent certificate because of their non-polluting nature. Baby carriages, pesticides, air coolers, handloom, medical oxygen, organic manure is the kind of industries that this category covers.
Ministry of Environment & Forests has put excessively polluting industries under red category. Additionally, these are not allowed to work in an environmentally delicate or under ensured territory. There are some red category industries which deal with perilous chemicals, automobiles, mining, Bio-medical waste, etc. Red category covers business sectors whose pollution index is above 60.
Industries with a pollution index of 21 to 40 falls under the Green category. It is essential for these industries to submit consent before forming the industry.
These industries cover the pollution index of 41 to 59. Orange category industries cannot commence their business without submitting consent certificate.
Who needs DPCC Consent Certificate?
Below is the list of industries that require DPCC Consent Certificate:
Registration Procedure for Obtaining Consent Certificate from DPCC
- All the industries who are looking for consent certificate first must verify their business activity.
- Once the verification is done, industries are further classified on the basis of business activity.
- For the white category, industries can submit documents online and later an undertaking is generated. The business entity needs to submit a hardcopy along with a signature to DPCC.
- Talking of Green and Orange category, it is necessary to check if the site comes in the list of industrial area, if yes the industry submits the documents online at DPCC official website.
- If the site is under redevelopment region, at that point SDM letter or industry assessment letter must be given in the event that the site isn't under redevelopment zone, at that point refusal of DPCC assent.
- Once the checking is done, the industry needs to submit essential documents on the web. After which the CTE is produced. The business needs to present a hard copy of the CTE application alongside the signature. A while later, the board gives a CTE declaration.
- Lastly, the industry needs to figure out if there is any need for pollution control device. If the answer is positive then the need arises to install the equipments of pollution control device. After this, application of CTO is generated. The industry has to submit the CTO application to DPCC along with the signatures. Once all the verification is done, CTO certificate is issued.
The period for which the consent to set up and consent to work is allowed by DPCC in Green and Orange categories of Industries:
- Consent to Establish: It is conceded for the time of one year for building up the unit for all the units allowable to run in Delhi.
- Consent to Operate: It is conceded for 10 years to Green category industries.
- Consent to work: It is conceded for 5 years to Orange category industries.
Government Fee for CCE
Fee structure is divided into three categories.
How Corpbiz will help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Industries/activities listed in prohibited / Negative list of industries as per Master Plan of Delhi 2021 are not allowed to run in NCT of Delhi. Other industrial activities have been classified by DPCC in Green/Orange categories based on Pollution Potential as given on the website of DPCC.
Maximum 4 months after receipt of complete application.
For obtaining Consent to Establish before setting up of the plant/Consent to Operate to run the unit, the unit should apply for consent in the prescribed format available in Delhi Pollution Control Committee at the cost of Rs.100/- or download from the website. The duly filled up applications will be submitted along with the desire documents: For details please refer the website of DPCC ( http://dpccdelhigovt.nic.in ) Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) DPCC.
DPCC grants Consents only to conforming units as per MPD 2021