An Overview of FMCS BIS Certification
FMCS stands for Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme, is a Scheme regulated by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) under Scheme-I of Schedule-II, Conformity (Assessment) Regulations, 2018, and BIS Act, 2016 for Foreign Manufacturers. Under Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme, License is granted to a Foreign Manufacturer for the use of a Standard Mark (ISI Mark) on a product that conforms to an Indian Standard. The Scheme is applicable for the grant of License for all products except Electronics and IT Goods notified by Deity. The primary objective of BIS for issuing Manufacturing certificates to Foreign Manufacturers is that the public gets safe, good quality, and reliable products.
FMCS BIS Certification from the concerned department is meant for the manufacturing units located outside India & which will undergo for factory audit to find out whether the Manufacturer is fulfilling all the necessary requirements to get a BIS Certificate for Import in India under Foreign Manufacturer Certification Scheme for uninterrupted exporting & selling their products in the Indian Market. In India, it is compulsory for all foreign manufacturers who want to import their products into India to get BIS Certificate under FMCS.
What is BIS Standard Mark?
BIS Standard Mark is also popularly known as ISI Mark; this Mark is specified by the Bureau of Indian Standards. ISI Mark allows you to use the Standard Mark (ISI Mark). This Mark ensures that the product has to abide by the Indian Standards which are laid by the BIS. The Bureau of Indian Standards is authorized to provide the ISI Mark through proper evaluation, examination, paper works, etc. This process confirms that a Manufacturer has been following standards & instructions set by the BIS.
Importance of FMCS BIS Certification in India
It is necessary to get FMCS BIS Certification in India for mandatory products. Without this Certification, the manufacturers are not able to sell their products in the Indian Market. So, with this Certification you can get easily access to Indian Market, avail legal benefits and more. Obtaining FMCS BIS Certification is very tedious and complex; our team of professionals can make this process very easy as we are directly in connection with the BIS Officer for proper follow-ups and acknowledgements.
List of Products Which Require FMCS BIS Certification
Following is the list of products which required FMCS BIS Certification:
- Household Electrical Goods
- Food and Related Products
- Oil Pressure Stoves
- Automobile Accessories
- Valves, Cylinder and Regulator
- Medical Equipment
- Steel and Iron Products
- Electrical Transformers
- Electrical Motors
- Chemicals, Fertilizers, Textiles, Polymers
- Kitchen Appliances
- Domestic Water Heaters for use with LPG
- AC and its related parts, Hermetic Compressor & Temperature Sensing Controls
- Plugs and Socket-Outlets and Alternating Current Direct Connected Static Prepayment Meters for Active Energy
- Transparent Float Glass
- Domestic Pressure Cooker
- Rubber Hose for LPG
- Aluminium Foil
- Non-Electric Toys
- Electric Toys
- Flat Transparent Sheet Glass
- Safety Class
- Woven Sacks
- Butterfly Valves
- Reflectors for Bicycles
- Cattle Feeds
- Automobile Wheel Rim Component
- Press Tool-Punches
- Helmet for riders of Two Wheeler Motor Vehicles
- Centrifugally cast (spun) iron pipes
- Flux Cored (Tubular) Electrodes
- Sewing Machine
- Water Treatment System
- Jute Bag
- Cement (any variety of cement manufactured or sold in India)
Requirements for FMCS BIS Certification
Any Foreign Manufacturers who want to export their product to India, they need to fulfil all the requirements as mentioned below:
- The manufacturing units should be located outside of India;
- The Foreign Manufacturer or Company should accept the terms & conditions of the License.
- The equipment of Product testing and quality control personnel should be available in-house lab to test the product as per ISS.
- Make sure the conformity of their product(s) to applicable Indian Standards Specification.
- The Manufacturer should accept the SIT or Scheme of Inspection and Testing and the annual Marking fee.
- At the factory units, all manufacturing machinery & testing facilities should be available.
Necessary Papers Required for FMCS BIS Certification
Following are the vital necessary papers required for FMCS BIS Certification, must be available with the applicant before initiating the project:
- Factory or Company Registration Necessary Papers;
- Flow chart of Manufacturing process;
- Business License & ISO Certificate. If available in another specific language, English translation is mandatory;
- Test reports as per Indian Standards;
- Declaration & Undertaking;
- If applicable, drawing of the product or its components;
- List of raw materials & raw materials test Certificate;
- If any, information of other certificates for products for factory system;
- List of raw materials & raw material test Certificate;
- A list comprises information on test equipment & test equipment calibration certificate.
Procedure for Obtaining FMCS BIS Certification
To get FMCS BIS Certification, you need to follow the steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Necessary Paperation and Filing: First, our experts will compile all the required necessary papers, then our experts will file the application and submit it along with the required necessary papers to BIS online, and also we will send a hardcopy of the application to FMCD Department.
Step 2: Verification: After submitting the application to the BIS Authority, they will verify the application. In case, any necessary paper or test equipment/any other requirement is missing or incomplete, they will connect you over email. If the application is found satisfactory, it will be recorded.
Step 3: Audit of the Factory Premises: Once the above steps are complete, the BIS Officer will conduct an inspection of a factory premises of the applicant on the mutually agreed date. The BIS Officer will check the infrastructure, manufacturing process and also test the product in your in-house lab. Then, they will collect the product sample and send it for testing in an independent lab.
Step 4: Testing of the Product Sample: The collected sample sent to the BIS recognized lab, and the fee for testing will be paid by the applicant.
Step 5: Issuance of License: Once, the BIS officers are satisfied with the inspection report and test report of the product, the applicant should pay a License fee, minimum marking fee, then they will issue the License.
Step 6: Indemnity Bond: After grant of License, the Indemnity Bond will be signed and $10,000 US Dollar Performance Bank Guarantee must be provided to BIS. In case, the applicant failed to submit Performance Bank Guarantee to BIS, the BIS will revoke your License without any intimation.
Some Important Instructions for Nomination of AIR for Foreign Manufacturer
It is compulsory for the Foreign Manufacturers to nominate AIR or Authorised Indian Representative in India to get License. Authorised Indian Representative as a local representative is responsible for submitting & managing the application for Certification & is available to answer the questions. But, before nominating the AIR, you need to follow some points as we mentioned below:
- Authorized Indian Representative nominated by the Foreign Manufacturer should be an Indian Resident;
- Authorized Indian Representative shall have zero conflict of interest in their role as an Authorised Indian Representative with testing of a product sample in 3rd parties labs;
- The name of AIR shall appear in the License necessary papers;
- The minimum qualification of an AIR is a bachelor's degree & knowledge of the provisions of the BIS Act, 2016, as well as Rules & Regulations;
- Authorized Indian Representative shall give their consent that he or she is responsible for compliance to the provisions of BIS Act, Terms and Conditions, Rules & Regulations given in BIS License.
- Authorized Indian Representative can only represent only one Foreign Manufacturer at one time cannot represent other foreign manufacturers as Authorized Indian Representative.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Why Choose Corpbiz for FMCS BIS Certification?
We have 250+ BIS experts with more than 10 years of experience working with overseas companies. We can help you in establishing a Trust Mark on your product. The process of obtaining the FMCS BIS Certification is very tedious and time-consuming, but we, Corpbiz are one of the best BIS FMCS consultants in India. Our technical team will help you to get FMCS BIS Certification & ensures the quality performance of your business. Our role in getting FMCS BIS Certificate are as follows: