The FSSAI registration fees/food license fees vary from one location to another, and also it depends upon the annual turnover and nature of the business. Food business operators need to pay the FSSAI registration fees/food license fees on the basis of business activities trading, retailers as well as Import/Export manufacturing.
FSSAI is the food regulatory authority having the power to provide food licenses to all the food businesses in India. The responsibility of FSSAI is to ensure that food businesses are running with required licenses and maintenance of the quality.
FSSAI Registration Fees/Cost
The FSSAI registration fees start from Rs 100 and are within the limit of Rs 7500. The variation in the ranges depends upon location as well as the nature of the company. The subdivision of FSSAI registration fees is into two parts- government fee and professional fee. The government officially charges the government fees for application handling while the professionals charge the expert fees to prepare your application.
The FSSAI registration fees for three types of registrations are-
Basic FSSAI Registration Fees/License Fees
Food businesses having annual turnover below the figure of Rs 12 lakhs need to pay Rs 100 per year as basic FSSAI license fees.
State FSSAI License Fees
Food businesses having annual turnover beyond Rs 12 lakhs and not crossing the figure of 20 crores need to pay Rs 2000/ Rs 5000 per year.
Central FSSAI License Fees
Food businesses having an annual turnover of more than 20 crores should pay Rs 7500 per year as central FSSAI license fees.
What FSSAI License/Registration is all about?
Nowadays, Indian customers are conscious as well as cautious at the time of purchasing and eating food items. Food business operators must get the approval mark from the food ministry or health authorities  or the government to ensure customers that they are getting the quality food that is fit for consumption. They must give their customers faith that they would get approved products from the market.
The formation of FSSAI took place on September 5, 2008, under the FSS Act of 2006. The purpose behind the establishment of FSSAI was to guard as well as boost the health of people in India by setting up food standards and guidelines. FSSAI License and FSSAI Registration is mandatory for all the food business types. All the food business operators must acquire the FSSAI License certificate on the basis of turnover in a financial year.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration/FSSAI License
In order to get the FSSAI License in India, the essential documents that you must have in your kitty are-
- Photo ID of the food business operator
- Completed and duly signed FORM B
- Rent Agreement
- The entire list of food products involved
- Plan of food safety management system
Documents for FSSAI State License
- Form B– duly signed and completed
- Blueprint of unit
- Food items list
- Authority letter
- List of equipment along with machinery used in the unit
- Any proof of premisepossession or Rent Agreement
- List of directors on the basis of nature of the entity
- List of proprietors and partners, etc. based on the entity type
- Certificate of Food Safety Management System
Documents for FSSAI Central License
- FORM- B duly signed and completed
- Blueprint of unit
- Sources of Raw Materials
- List of equipment as well as machinery used in the unit
- FORM IX
- Food items list to be traded with
- List of partners, proprietors as well as directors
- Certificate from Ministry of Commerce– 100% EOU
- Authority letter
- Certificate from Ministry of Tourism
- Rent Agreement or other possession proofs
- PA/NOC documents by FSSAI
- License copy and Manufacturer’s NOC
- Form of Declaration
Extra Documents for Manufacturers
- A list that encompasses all machinery and equipment
- The layout of the processing unit- Blueprint required
- Report on waterresidues of pesticides
- Food categories list that must get manufactured
Steps for Obtaining the FSSAI License in India
- Once the regulatory body would check your documents, you have to move to the login creation step in which your Login ID will be created.
- After the creation of your Login ID, we will grant you a duly filled FORM A for the further approval process.
- Once you confirm the approval from your end, we will proceed ahead and process your application.
- Finally, we will take another step of application submission along with the submission of prescribed FSSAI registration fees.
- You will be receiving your license within 10-15 days. It completely depends on your business site.
- After the regulatory body completes your document verification process, we will create a Login ID for you.
- In order to get an FSSAI state license, submission of the declaration, which is an additional document, along with prescribed form is mandatory.
- Furthermore, the declaration holds the client’s signed declaration statement (General) along with FORM 9.
- After that, we will be filing the FORM B as well as the necessary documents.
- The license would reach your hand in the time frame of 20-30 days.
- Nevertheless, if your application is having any error or issue, get it corrected and sorted, and then the application would get filed within thirty days.
- On the other hand, chances of rejection of your application would increase, and you have to follow all the steps from the very beginning.
- Obtaining a central license requires the same procedure to get followed that is required in case of acquiring a state license.
- The only thing that creates a difference is the kind of business that a food business owner operates. Not only this, but the time taken for the central license issue is also the same.
- You must get an IEC if the involvement of your corporation is in the import/export of food products. IEC stands for Import Export Code.
- The turnover of business doesn’t matter at all in case you need an IEC.
- You will need a central license if you are conducting a business of food items transportation from one point of source to another point.
Application Type- Duplicate License/Certificate
All the food business owners conducting food businesses in India must know that they have to obtain FSSAI license/Registration, and for that, they have to pay FSSAI registration fees. The location, along with the nature of the company, matters for the FSSAI registration fees in India. There are various documents that an FBO should have for obtaining an FSSAI license in India. At Corpbiz, we would assist you with consultation, documentation as well as submission of FSSAI registration fees/ FSSAI license fees along with the filing of the application.
Read our article:How to Obtain an FSSAI License in India: Full Guide