Machine-to-Machine Communications facilitate the automated transmission of data between two electronic or mechanical devices. The Department of telecommunication (DoT) under the Digital Communication policy 2018 has made it mandatory for all M2M service providers to be registered under this scheme. The applicant can obtain the M2M communication certificate by registering themselves as a service provider through the Saral Sanchar Portal online.
Types of M2M communications
M2M communication can broadly be classified into three categories:
- Category A: Category A M2M communication will permit the licensee to provide services on a pan-India basis.
- Category B: Category B M2M communication license will enable the licensee to extend its services to a relatively smaller area, such as a specific city or state.
- Category C: Category C M2M communication will permit the licensee to provide service to only one Service Switching Area, which can be a small district or a village.
Categories of M2M communication Registration
There are two types of M2M communication Registration in India these are:
- M2MSP- This registration is for entities that shall be offering services that are based on SIM or LAN.
- UL/UL-VNO- This registration is for entities that shall be developing complete technology with the use of LPWAN or any other such tech. For Eg: Sigfox, LoRa etc.
The M2M registration can be granted to an entity only if they are registered as
Checklist for M2M Communications
- Technical Conditions
- Security Conditions
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Documents required for M2M communication License
An applicant requires the following documents to obtain an M2M communication: