Overview of Eating House License Registration
An Eating House License refers to legal consent for undertaking business where any kind of food or beverages is supplied for consumption legally. The Eating house license serves as a mandatory prerequisite for conducting food business along with other fundamental licenses.
Meaning of the Eating house
The Eating House refers to a place where various food-related items along with beverages are being served to the masses for consumption.This encompasses all retail outlets, dhabas, restaurants, cafes, food trucks, & any other establishments to facilitate food & drink.
Authority Issuing the License
The license is a legal compulsion as per the Delhi Police Act and should be applied under State/city police headquarters & the Police commissioner. The said authority will grant the license after inspecting all the submitted documents.
Mandatory Documents for securing Eating House license
The following is the list of documents that need to be uploaded on the said portal along with the Application:
- Identity proof such as Aadhar card or in case applicant does not have Aadhar card then any other identity proof such as Passport, Voter ID, Driving License or Pan Card.
- Address proof such as Aadhar Card, Passport, electricity bill or Landline Bill, Rent/lease deed or property ownership document.
- Certificate of incorporation
- Name of directors & Current DIR -12 or Board Resolution for conducting business, Nomination of authorized signatory on letterhead.
- Proof of ownership or Tenancy agreement or lease agreement of premises of the Establishment
- Copy of paid water Bill
- Copy of paid Electricity Bill
- Safety certificate of building granted by any architect or empanelled structural engineer.
- Electrical safety certificate issued by the electrical inspector, labour department, GNCT OF Delhi or electrical contractor assigned by them
- If there is a lift, then the lift fitness certificate is issued by the inspector of the lift and also the date of the last inspection of the lift.
- Details of property tax paid, submit a receipt thereof
- If building bye-laws have not been complied with, then details of Regularization charges.
- Submit receipt of conversion charges paid as per MPD-2021 only if there is a change of land use.
- If any parking charges are paid to the Urban Local Body, then submit receipt thereof (not required if enough in-house parking spaces are available).
- Proof of source of water supply.
- FSSAI certificate
- GST Certificate
- Medical certificate of employees with photographs
- Details of all employees such name, address, etc., along with police verification certificate issued jurisdictional police station.
- If premises permit smoking, then details of space earmarked for smoking in terms of G.S.R.NO. 500(e) dated 23rd May 2017, (COTPA act 2003).
- PAN of the proprietor or company or firm
- Details regarding Pest control measures taken
- Details of rainwater harvesting
- Prescribed Affidavit for Delhi Police
- Prescribed affidavit for municipal Bodies
- Environment clearance certificate
- In case of usage of tobacco as raw material, then valid license from Food safety Department.
- Details of layout plan
Note – The document list is not exhaustive; Licensing authority requires more documents for the completion of licensing process.
Licenses required to start Eating House
Following is the list of licenses required to start an eating house/restaurant/ food business:-
- Business Registration.
- Food/FSSAI License
- Eating House License.
- Health Trade License
- Fire NOC
- Liquor License
- Music License
- Lift Clearance NOC
- Environmental Clearance
- Registration under Shops & Establishment Act
- Weights & Measures Department Approval
Step-by-step Procedure for obtaining an Eating House license in India
The Procedure for securing the eating house license involves following steps:
Fill out the Application form
The applicant is required to apply for online Eating House Registration in the prescribed Application Form.
Submission of Documents
You need to upload all the necessary documents required to obtain an Eating House License along with the required declaration and certification.
After document submission, you are required to go to Addl. Commissioner of Police Licensing of the concerned state for an Application and documents verification.
The applicant is required y to keep a regular follow-up with the concerned department for the updates regarding your Application.
Issuance of License
Issuance of license takes 30-60 days. If the licensing authority is satisfied, it will issue a license within the said time period.
Renewal of license and Duplicate Eating House License
Renewal of the License
When the validity of the license expires, the license is to be renewed. The validity of the license varies state-wise. It depends on the validity of the health trade license issued by the local civic body and on other factors. However, in general, the eating house license comes with a validity of three years. The renewal process is more or less identical to a new license.
Duplicate Eating House License
In case the license gets damaged or lost, the applicant can opt for the duplicate license against the standard fees. The Application for the same can be easily furnished on the portal. After application submission, the authority will initiate the verification process. After finding no error in the submitted Application, the authority will grant the license to the applicant. The eating house license is one of the fundamental legal consents to run a food business in India.
Corpbiz: the One-Stop Destination for Government licenses and Registration
Getting a government license may seem a straightforward errand on the surface, but it revolves around tons of complications that eventually trigger rejection chances. If you want to remain ahead of the curve and intend to secure a license without any hassle, then look no further than Corpbiz professionals.
Here’s Why You Might Want To Consider Our Expertise?
- Vast experience in dealing with Government licenses and Registration
- Ensure prompt delivery of license in the agreed time span
- Reduce intricacies in the registration process through efficient handling o paperwork
- In-depth knowledge of applicable legalities and underlying compliances for registering an entity
Frequently Asked Questions
Usually, a period of 30 to 40 days is required to obtain Eating House License in India.
An Eating House License remains valid for a period specified by the Registering Authority while issuing the license. However, the validity of the license issued is subject to the specific local civic body and conditions in each case, such as Name Change, Fire NOC, etc.
The Registering Authority has the power to issue the directions and guidelines related to the Eating House License.
Sales deed, lease deed of business place, PAN and Aadhaar of the owner, consent from local bodies, and so on.
Conducting eating house business without eating house license is a punishable offense
FSSAI food license is one of the fundamental licenses for conducting food-related business in India
Confrontation with top-ranked police officials for document verificationr
On the online portal of the Police authority
The general timeframe for granting this license ranges from 15-25 days
Invalid information in the form and incorrect documentation are probably the only reason for application rejection. Thus, be watchful while addressing incorporation formalities.