An Overview of HITS Operator in India
“HITS Operator”, widely acknowledged as Headend-In-The-Sky, is a broadcaster that abides by MIB* norms and facilitates multi channels TV programs in Ku and C bands (types of frequency bands) via;
- Satellite System to the cable operators
- The in-house cable network, if any, to subscribers on their set box after downlinking the signals at its respective receiving station
Note: MIB* stands for Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
If you wish to leap into this venture, you must secure a legal permit or license from the TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India).
Understanding how HITS operations take place
To better understand how HITS operation takes place, let’s dive into how a typical cable distribution operates.
Therefore, the fundamental difference between a region-focused MSO and HITS operator is that the former facilitates channel distribution via cable connection, and the latter does the same via satellite, making them widely accessible.
Scope of HITS Operation
HITS operators can perform three types of operation:
- Buying the content and aggregating: This is how this operation works.
- Facilitation of Passive Infrastructure: Under this, the HIT operator facilitates passive infrastructure to MSOs on its satellite. The infrastructure includes the resources such as earth station facilities, transponder space, encryption, and decoding device.
- Facilitation of dual services: Under this, the HITS operator renders the combo of services listed above.
Every HIT operator must secure permission from the Ministry of Information and broadcast via TRAI before commencing their operation. The ministry has penned down some stringent norms to ensure that only quality service providers stay in the game.
What requires to get started with HITS operation?
The applicant seeking legal permission to perform HITS operation must fulfil the following criteria
Mandatory Documents to apply for HITS Operation Approval
To apply for HIT operation in India, the applicant must arrange the following documentation without fail:
Process of Legalizing the HITS Operation in India
Below is the generalized licensing procedure for HITS Operators in India. Make sure to connect with Corpbiz to avail a better understanding of the same.
- Arrange the aforesaid documents.
- Application filling.
- Application and document submission to the TRAI.
- Application vetting.
- Grant of letter of intent.
- Submitting the entrance amount as cited in the letter of intent.
- Grant of approval in the form of a registration certificate.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Why visit Corpbiz for technical assistance and support?
Corpbiz has years of experience in government licensing and registration. Our widespread network of licensing experts is well-versed in state and nation-wise norms of the license. We know what it takes to ensure the seamless obtainment of licenses from different authorities. Our impeccable grasp of legalities and paperwork makes us a standout agency in India.