Overview on Fire Department NOC
To protect Fire prevention, NOC is issued by the Indian Fire Department. The NOC is issued after verifying and examining the premise’s fire assistance and the mechanism used for fire safety. The process used shall meet all the fire safety standards and guidelines issued by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
Once the inspection is done and the authority finds that the standards used are as per the expectation, it issues a NOC for the building (Commercial or Residential) of the Applicant. The NOC is issued by the respective state ‘Fire Service Department’ which performs a similar function.
However, the guidelines and procedures of issuing NOC differ from state to state. Multi-plex buildings of more than 15 meters in height shall get Fire NOC on a compulsory basis from respective state fire services.
Fire Department NOC
What are the Benefits of getting Fire Department NOC?
- Helps in Applying for Trade License
A Fire Department NOC is compulsory as an attachment for applying a trade license to the civil body in a particular state.
- Helps in Carrying on any Trade or Business in India
Fire Department NOC is one of the compulsory requirements prescribed by the fire department for carrying on any trade or business activities in India.
- Ensures Safety Precautions in Premise
Fire Department NOC ensures that the safety precautions are in place for protecting the people in the building against any risk.
What are the Checklist for obtaining NOC from the Fire Department?
While applying for Fire Department NOC, the below-mentioned Checklist shall be kept in mind at various stages for obtaining fire department NOC:-
A) Pre-Construction Requirements
- Particulars regarding business premise, nature of the business, and other details required.
- The Building plan depicting the firefighting system shall be attached with an application.
- Site Inspection by the authority.
- Recommendation and suggestion issued by the fire department shall have adhered.
B) Post-Construction Requirement
- Re-inspection of the site once the compliances are being made by the applicant.
- Approval by the department.
What documents are Required for Obtaining Fire Department NOC?
For obtaining Fire department NOC, the application shall be accompanied by the following documents-
- Id and Address Proof of the applicant.
- Photograph of the premises.
- Completion certificate of electrical Wiring.
- Sets of Building plan consisting of Building Layout Plan which includes a site plan, layout plan
- Certificate of Building stability and Building model.
- A certification by the Architect.
What is the Procedure to obtain Fire Department NOC?
Following are the step-by-step process to get NOC from the relevant state's fire department:-
- Step-1-Filing the Application
For obtaining a fire clearance certificate, the applicant can apply either online through the official website of the relevant state or offline by applying in a physical form to Fire Service Department.
Online Filing of Application
1. The Applicant has to visit the official portal of (Any State) Fire Service Department.
2. Select on “Apply for NOC” from the main menu (NOC) which would be present on the ‘home page’ of the portal.
3. On the subsequently screen, the application form for a NOC will open up through which the applicant may insert the appropriate particulars.
4. Now, the applicant has to provide info’s such as:-
• Name of the building
• Type of NOC
• Applicant’s email address
• Address details
• District Name
• Mobile Number
• Type of Building
• Height of building
• Plot area
5. Now, click on “choose file” to attach/upload all the mandatory documents.
6. After uploading the appropriate information, hit on the “Submit” button to submit your fire NOC application.
7. The Applicant will get the acknowledgement receipt/ unique ID, upon submission, for further reference.
8. The NOC will be issued within the specified time period after verification by the concerned authority, or will be available for download online as well.
- Step-2- Submission of Requisite Documents
The application shall be accompanied by the requisite documents.
- Step-3-Forwarding the Application to Concerned Inspector
Once the application is submitted to the chief fire officer, the officer shall forward the same to the concerned inspector of the relevant state having the jurisdiction of a particular state.
- Step-4-Inspection and Verification of Equipment
The concerned inspector will visit the premise and verify that all the equipment is installed along with the requisite arrangement for Fire Safety.
- Step-5- Issuance of Fire Clearance Certificate
The Inspector of the fire brigade of the respective state after inspecting, if founds that the building is equipped with all the fire arrangements and is fully satisfied relating to the safety measures equipped in a building shall issue the fire clearance certificate.
Note-The NOC issued by the department remains valid for the following time period:-
For commercial: 3 years
For residential: 5 years
What are the Penalties Applicable for not obtaining the Fire Department NOC?
The penalty for not obtaining the Fire Department NOC is not exactly defined but non-compliance results in various penal provisions and penalties.
Brief on Renewal of Fire Department NOC
For renewal of Fire Department, below mentioned steps are required-
- The renewal application shall be made to the respective state authority of the fire department to which the prior application was given.
- The application shall be attached with a declaration certified by the competent authority regarding necessary electrical installations that are installed and are in proper condition.
- In case of failure of renewal application on time, apply for renewal within the prescribed time limit, shall be levied following charges-
• No charges, if delayed for 7 days:
• INR 5 per day, if delayed for 7 to 15 days.
• INR 15 per day, if delayed beyond 15 days.
CorpBiz Procedure for Fire Department NOC
Kindly utilize the steps given above to integrate legally and securely a Fire Department NOC and get the benefits in the form of safe/better-quality sales and satisfied clients. Our CorpBiz experts will be at your disposal for assisting you with guidance concerning Fire Department NOC and its compliance for the smooth functioning of your business in India. CorpBiz professionals will assist you in planning seamlessly at the least cost, confirming the successful conclusion of the process.
It is advisable that an attorney with “NOC experience” must be appointed to overwhelm many of the potential pitfalls that creep around within application for Fire Department NOC and to understand the requirement in detail. The elementary information would be mandatory from your end to start the process. The Attorney will begin working on your request once all the information is provided, and the payment is received.
CorpBiz is one of the platforms which coordinate to fulfill all your legal and financial requirements and connect you to consistent professionals. Yes, our clients are pleased with our legal service! Because of our focus on simplifying legal requirements, they have consistently regarded us highly and providing regular updates.
Our clients can also track at all times the progress on our platform. If you have any questions about the process of getting Fire Department NOC, our experienced representatives are just a phone call away. CorpBiz will ensure that your communication with professionals is charming and seamless.
- Purchase a Plan for Expert Assistance
- Add Queries Regarding Fire Department NOC
- Provide Documents to Corpbiz Expert
- Prepare Application for Fire Department NOC+ Complete all Admissibility Criteria for Preliminary Screening
- Complete Procedural Actions
- Get your Fire Department NOC at your Door Step!
Frequently Asked Questions
The government has made it mandatory for almost every business entity to obtain Fire NOC in India.
- Class A - Fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper, or textiles.
- Class B - Fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel, or oils.
- Class C - Fires involving gases.
- Class D - Fires involving metals.
- Class E - Fires involving live electrical apparatus.
- Class F - Fires involving cooking oils such as in deep-fat fryers.
- Provisional NOC.
- Final-Occupancy NOC.
The Provisional No Objection Certificate ensures that the new constructions meet the fire safety compliant norms.
- Site Plan.
- Elevation Plan.
- Section Plan.
- Floor plan of the premise.
- Residential Apartments.
- Commercial Establishments.
- Industrial Building.
- Special Economic Zone.
- Cinema Halls.
- Schools, college, and University.
- Mercantile Building.
NOC will be valid for a period of-
- 3 years for commercial buildings and,
- 5 years for any type of residential building or premise.
Provisional NOC is granted to the applicant during the pre-construction phase while Final NOC is granted to the applicant after the construction is completed.
The department takes a month to issue a No Objection certificate.
Fire safety compliance is required for all working premises to ensure proper compliances related to fire safety compliance is followed.