Overview of Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board (UPPCB)
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board is a legal organization which was formed to implement environmental laws and rules within the administration of the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The board was first formed on 3rd February 1975 under the Water Prevention and Control of Pollution Act but it was later named as UP Pollution Control Board. UPPCB manages, control, and implement other acts as well that are correlated with the environment. These Acts include:
UPPCB Act Includes:
- 1Air Prevention and Control of Pollution Act,1981
- 2Water Prevention and Control of Pollution Cess Act, 1977
- 3Environment Protection Act, 1986
The purpose of UPPCB is to manage and reduce the air and water pollution in the state. It consists of certain rules and regulations which work as an enlightening tool for the factories and industries. UPPCB guides them with regard to pollution these factories and industries release and how they can reduce its quantity in the air and water. To monitor and keep check on industries UPPCB carry inspection and raids often in the state and take actions against those which do not adhere to environment laws.
It is the duty of Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board to keep a check on the level of air and water pollution in the state. It collects data from various sources and provides the list of data to industrial sitting and town planning board. All this activity helps the town planning board with planning and setting of industrial units specifically in those areas which are aside from residential areas.
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board operates its activities through twenty-five (25) regional offices located all over the state. Head office of the UPPCB is in PICUP Bhavan, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow.
The pollution board likewise monitor Air and River water quality. The board has set up research centers for testing air and water toxins. The board is additionally associated with controlling pollution in the stream Ganga under the Ganga activity plan. The board has stamped 17 industries which are exceptionally dirtying under Ganga activity plan.
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board
Benefits of UPPCB
It helps in preventing and protecting natural resources.
It is a huge concept that acts as equilibrium between economic growth and social growth.
UPPCB has certain guidelines for industries and Health care Establishment following which these industries can reduce the amount of pollutants from the environment.
Efficient waste management technique can act as a great source to protect the environment.
Functions of UPPCB
- Give proposal to the Uttar Pardesh Government on any issue concerning prevention and control of water and air contamination and improvement of the nature of air.
- Conduct consumer awareness programs on the avoidance and control of air and water pollution and waste administration through broad communications.
- Gather, compile and prepare a list of technical and statistical data pertaining to air and water contamination.
- Set out the standard of sewage and exchange effluents and for emanation from modern plant, vehicles and Health Care Establishment.
- To help on the development of new innovation for treatment of sewage, exchange effluents and control hardware.
- Issuance of consent certificate to ventures falling in various classifications, for example, Orange, Green and White.
Who needs UPPCB consent certificate?
- 1Manufacturing Entities
- 2Health Care Establishment
- 4E-Waste Management Entities
- 5Solid Waste Management Entities
- 6Hazardous Waste Management Entities
- 7Battery Waste Management Entities
- 8Plastic Waste Management Entities
- 9Bio-Medical Waste Management Entities
Documents Required to Obtain Consent to Establish
The application forms are accessible on the site of the UP pollution control board. The forms can be downloaded from the official site. A large portion of the structures are in English, yet there are a few structures which are in Hindi also.
Following documents must be joined alongside the structures to acquire Consent to build up –
- A covering letter expressing the sort of industry and partnered exercises which the business expects to perform. The letter needs to depict the total data about the item or items which the business will produce.
- Copy of sale deed or rent deed which the organization has gotten.
- MOA & AOA if it is an organization or copy of Partnership deed if it is a Partnership firm.
- Site plan and design plan of the business.
- Schematic chart of streets, forest area, rural fields, neighborhood, and other significant zones within two kilometers of the business.
- Complete subtleties of the manufacturing procedure of each item to be created by the business.
- A copy of land use certificate and land use change certificate
- Auditor certification verified by Chartered accountant
- Complete information regarding wastewater balance and underground water balance
- A copy of Consent fee
- Copy of groundwater report
- Proposition of sewage treatment plant (STP) with complete subtleties of the treatment approach to be utilized and method of removal of waste by different units of the units.
- Steps to be taken to monitor air pollution
- Steps to be taken in case of usage of hazardous chemicals and data related to material safety
- Environment clearance certificate from MOEF
Registration Procedure to Obtain License from UPPCB
- Submit all the necessary documents
- Corpbiz will manage the complete process of getting consent from UPPCB
- Our expert will conduct the whole procedure of obtaining the license.
- Once completed we will deliver the consent to you through email or courier
Who needs No Objection Certificate?
Not all businesses require No objection certificate, the pollution board has absolved certain small scale industries which are of non-dirtying nature from getting No objection certificate. The rundown incorporates 221 industries which are absolved. Indeed, even programming ventures are absolved from getting No objection certificate.
List of industries who require consent to establish before commencing the process of establishing industries:
- Bone Mill
- Dairy Processing
- Vegetable and food Processing
- Meat Processing Units
- Stone Crusher
Where to file an appeal if any grievances arise from the action of UP Pollution Control Board?
A request left by the UP pollution control board can be tested in the National green council. The council is in New Delhi. The council has been set up to rapidly and viably discard cases as to ecological laws. In the event that an individual or industry is wronged by the order passed by the pollution control board, at that point that order can be tested before the National green court. The confinement time period to file a suit in the council is five years (5) from the date reason for activity has emerged.
How Corpbiz will help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
The purpose of UPPCB is to regulate and reduce the air and water pollution in the state. It consists of certain rules and regulations which work as an enlightening tool for the factories and industries.
Follow the following steps to complain about the air pollution
- Name of the Industry.
- Name of the complainant
- Address of the Industry / Person against whom the complaint is lodged:
- Nature of complaint (Briefly write about the happenings)
- Nature of the Pollution: (Air / Water / Sound)
- Address of the complainant
- Manufacturing Entities
- Health Care Establishment
- E-Waste Management Entities
- Solid Waste Management Entities
- Hazardous Waste Management Entities
- Plastic Waste Management Entities
- Bio-Medical Waste Management Entities
It collects data from various sources and provides the list of data to industrial sitting and town planning board. All this activity helps the town planning board with planning and setting of industrial units specifically in those areas which are aside from residential areas.