Overview of Insurance Company License
An insurance company license gives the person an authority to seek and sell insurance items. State insurance commissioner is responsible to issue the license for the purpose of seeking and selling the insurance and is isolated into various insurance types, including life and inability, health, auto or worker’s compensation. For anybody living in one state and selling insurance in neighbouring states needs a license for each particular state. You don't have to subsidise with an enlisted office to get the license, however this is required once you plan to work together.
Before 1999, Controller of Insurance managed the insurance sector of our country under the Insurance Act 1938. But the formation of IRDA has brought significant changes in the insurance sector. Development of IRDA caused individuals to feel the necessity of renewal in the field of insurance company license. Earlier provisions of the insurance sector were outdated and beside the point.
It is compulsory for all elements to gain a Certificate from the Authority before applying any insurance company license. The permit to be obtained for different classes of insurance can be acquired from the IRDA, for instance Life Insurance, Fire Insurance, Marine Insurance and so forth. In any case, it is to be remembered that the life insurance business will not be joined with some other sort of insurance business.
Scope of IRDA
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Documents Required to Obtain Insurance Company License
A candidate who wants to obtain insurance company license needs to file an application to the IRDAI in form IRDAI/R1 for an issuance of a demand for the registration application.
Documents that will support the application are:
Application for Registration of Insurance Company License
When the authority acknowledges the application for demand, the candidate will apply in Form IRDAI/R2 for the issuance of certificate of registration.
The application will contain the accompanying data:
- Application for Life Insurance/General Insurance/Health Insurance
Evidence expressing that settled up value capital is more than Rs. 100 crore or more;
- Application for reinsurance business
Evidence is expressing that settled up value capital is more than Rs. 200 crore or more;
- An affidavit provided by the Indian and foreign promoters affirming that the paid up equity capital is sufficient enough after barring preliminary expenses.
- Articulation of shareholding containing the distinctive number of shares gave to promoters;
- CEO, MD, WTD of Indian developers and foreign investors stating that the holding of remote paid-up equity capital is being calculated as referenced under the Indian Insurance Companies (Foreign Investment) Rules, 2015 read with different principles identified with it.
- FIPB approval if the FDI surpasses the restriction of 26%;
- Certified copy of published prospectus;
- Certified copy of MOU or any kind of agreement entered between the promoters such as-management agreement or shareholder agreement or voting agreement or any other kind of agreement;
- Confirmation of payment of expenses of rupee five lakh, which is non-refundable;
- PCA or PCS certificate affirming the consistence of registration charges, value share capital, other demands of the Act;
The authority in the wake of getting the application will take into the thought of the nature of insurance items, the degree of actuarial, bookkeeping and other expert specialists in the administration, the association structure. The authority will issue the certificate to the applicant in Form IRDAI/R£ after conducting an inquiry and feeling satisfied. The Authority may dismiss the application in the event they don’t feel contended with the data gave by the candidate for the purpose of obtaining insurance company license.
The rejection will be conveyed to the candidate within the thirty days from the day of the order of rejection went with the ground of rejection. A candidate can speak to SAT within 30 days of receipt of dismissal order.
The candidate who has received the certificate of insurance company license must commence its business within 12 months of getting the certificate.
Registration Procedure of Obtaining Insurance Company License
Circumstances under which an applicant is not eligible to file an application under IRDAI/R1
Suspension of Certificate of Insurance Company License
Frequently Asked Questions
An insurance company license gives the person an authority to seek and sell insurance items. State insurance commissioner is responsible to issue the license for the purpose of seeking and selling the insurance and is isolated into various insurance types, including life and inability, health, auto or worker’s compensation.
- The arrangement of activity of getting license of insurance from IRDA;
- The way toward getting approval of insurance items from IRDA; and
- The methodology for appointment of insurance intermediary.
- Applicant is a company formed under Companies Act 2013
- Certified of MOA and AOA
- Details of the directors such as- name, address and occupation
- Certified copy of the annual report of Indian promoters and foreign investors for the preceding last five years
- Certified copy of the shareholding agreement between Indian Promoters and foreign investors of the applicant
- Five-year business plan accepted by the Board of Directors
The essential controller for insurance in India is the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) which was built up in 1999 under the administration enactment called the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999.
The designated person may cancel a licence of an insurance agent, if the insurance agent suffers, at any time during the currency of the licence, from any of the disqualifications mentioned in sub-section (4) of section 42 of the Act, and recover from him the licence and the identity card issued earlier.
"Insurance Repository" signifies an association shaped just as ensured under the Companies Act, 1956. It is an association that has been given a testament of enrolment by Insurance Regulatory alongside Development Authority (IRDA) for up keep of information of protection arrangements in Electronic structure for its Insurers. The Insurance Repositories allows the unwinding of holding protection arrangements conveyed in an electronic structure.
New India Assurance Company Limited
From 1956 to 1999, there was a restraining infrastructure of LIC in the life coverage part in India. In 1999, according to the suggestions of the Malhotra Committee Report, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) was framed. IRDA is a self-ruling body to create and control the protection business in the nation.
An interim body called Insurance Regulatory Authority was set up in 1996. In the year 1999 Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) Act was passed and on April nineteenth 2000, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) of India got self-sufficient status.
A reinsurer is an organization that gives monetary assurance to insurance agencies. Reinsurers handle hazards that are unreasonably huge for insurance agencies to deal with all alone and make it feasible for back up plans to acquire more business (that is, endorse more approaches) than they would somehow or another have the option to.
The target of keeping up an insurance repository is to gracefully just as help policyholders a straightforwardness to keep insurance approaches in electronic structure likewise to embrace amendments, changes or alterations in the protection arrangement with speed just as precision. What's more, the store goes about as a solitary stop for a few approach administration necessities. The Insurance store framework additionally achieves productivity and straightforwardness in the issuance and support of protection arrangements.