Overview of Green Ammonia Plant
Green ammonia is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional ammonia production, typically produced from natural gas. The conventional method of production generates greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global warming. In India, the demand for green ammonia is growing as the country aims to reduce its carbon footprint and meet its commitments under the Paris Agreement.
The key components of a green ammonia plant include a renewable energy source, an electrolyser for hydrogen production, a synthesis unit for producing ammonia, and storage and handling facilities for the final product. The cost of setting up a green ammonia plant in India varies depending on the scale and location.In terms of funding, government incentives and subsidies play a crucial role in promoting green ammonia business setup in the country. The government has announced various plans to increase the size of renewables in the country's energy mix and has set ambitious targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This creates an opportunity for private investors and companies to take advantage of the growing demand for green ammonia in India.
Benefits of Green Ammonia
Green ammonia is an essential source of energy and has the following benefits:
- Easy Storage: Ammonia as a component can be easily stored if the pressure of the containers can be maintained between 10-15 or if the temperature can be lowered to -33℃. This characteristic makes ammonia easy to store. Most of the counties have existing networks and infrastructure to transport them.
- Reduction in Carbon fuel: Ammonia can be used in different engines and can also be used to produce electricity. The only residues of ammonia in such processes are water and nitrogen. So, once the industries adopt ammonia, carbon fuel emissions will reduce significantly.
- Hydrogen carrier: It is challenging to store and transport hydrogen. However, it is an essential gas that is required by multiple industries. Ammonia can be used to deal with this issue as it is easy to carry and transport and can be cracked and purified to form hydrogen gas when required.
Permits and Licenses
The Green ammonia plant setup in India requires various permits and licenses, such as:
- Environmental clearances and Regulatory clearances: The applicant must obtain environmental clearances such as Pollution (NOC), waste management certificates, permits for usage of ground water etc., from the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate change.
- Industrial licenses: The company needs to apply for the appropriate industrial licenses as the plant will utilise hazardous chemicals. These licenses shall be granted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade G2B.
- Land use Permits: one must also have proof of ownership of land. The applicant can produce either the rent agreement or the lease agreement for the same. However, an applicant must obtain permission to set up the plant from the concerned authorities.
- Building permits: The plant must also receive structural and fire safety certificates from the municipal authorities before the beginning of the operations. Failure to obtain this may result in the immediate shutting down of the plant.
- Electricity permits: The applicant must ensure that they have a proper electricity connection to carry out the plant operations. The license from the electricity board shall vary from state to state. This licence will be essential to avail of the electricity benefits the central government offers.
- Pollution Board permits: The company has to obtain clearances from the central and state pollution control board before discharging emissions into the surrounding water or air.
- Tax Registrations: The company also must obtain all the tax permits, including the GST registration, TDS registration and PAN card for the business.
The government has introduced multiple incentives for Green Ammonia manufacturers to facilitate the National Green Hydrogen mission and reach its climate targets by 2030. These are:
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
How will Corpbiz help you in setting Green Ammonia Plant?
- Step 1: Fill in the Consultation form to obtain our Green Ammonia Plant services. Our Experts will contact you to schedule a meeting.
- Step 2: In the meeting, we will understand your requirements and provide you with an apt advisory to set up your Green Ammonia Plant Service.
- Step 3: We will help you get all the permits and licenses required to operate a Green Ammonia Plant in India.
- Step 4: Then, we shall help you file an error-free application for your plant with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Step 5: We shall perform periodic follow-ups with the authorities and constantly update you about your application's status until delivery.