CAPEXIL – Stands for Chemical and Allied Products Export Promotion council. It is a council set up in 1958 by the Ministry of Commerce, which comes under the Central Government, to Promote the Export of Chemical & Allied Products from India. Its headquarter is in Kolkata, and the regional office in Kolkata, Chennai, New Delhi and Mumbai has a total count of more than 4500 members across the country. One of the Interesting aspects of CAPEXIL is the immense variety of products it deals with. CAPEXIL has a primary focus on providing export assistance to its member exporters. Further, we shall be discussing the Benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate.
CAPEXIL – Committee of Administration
At present Mr, R. Veeramani is the President of the Committee of Administration, and the Chair of the Vice President is vacant. In contrast, the Northern Regional Chairman is – Mr Ramesh K Mittal, Eastern Regional Chairman is Mr C.R Bhattacharjee, Western Regional Chairman is Mr M. F. Vohra, and Southern Regional Chairman is Mr G Ashokann.
The Vision of this council is to develop & promote India’s export of a wide spectrum of allied products & chemicals, thereby stimulating India’s economic growth and helping in employment generation.
Mission of CAPEXIL
- By understanding the entireness of International Trade and guiding the Indian business community to accelerate the exports, sustain and attain a pre-eminent global standing
- The council has planned to undertake different promotional measures to promote and accelerate India’s export.
- CAPEXIL act as a mediator in establishing business contacts between Indian exporters and foreign importers to give two-way services as a global trade facilitator
Eligibility for Membership
Membership in the council can be in any of the two categories, i.e. associate members or ordinary members.
- Ordinary Members: Any person satisfying the listed criteria is eligible for ordinary membership within the council.
- The said person or entity should have been an associate member for at least three years.
- He/she or the entity represented by him/her should have had an average export showing of a minimum of Rs. Ten lakh in the case of small-scale industries & at least Rs. Twenty-five lakh in the case of any other kind of set-up.
- Associate Members: For associate membership, an individual or person should have received the import-export code number from the office of the director general of Foreign Trade, Government of India. Now we shall be discussing about the various benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate.
Benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate
The registered trader can get the following benefits from the council. This council is an indispensable information gateway and helping hand for chemical & allied product exporters. The CAPEXIL is an interlink between the Government and the members regarding trade & policy–related matters such as duty drawback, duty entitlement pass book scheme, and banking. The following are the Benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate.
- Statistical Information: The members of CAPEXIL can get the latest statistical data on India’s Export and Imports. The registered traders can get the details of the world’s Import and export of a wide range of products.
- Visa Assistance: The Chemical & Allied Export Promotion Council provides visa assistance for Business visits abroad.
- Disbursement of Grants: CAPXIL members can also avail of financial assistance from various markets assistance programs
- Quality Service: CAPEXIL also provides access to the most competent officers dedicated to quality service.
- Exporter’s HUB: It’s an informative gateway and a helping hand for exporters.
- Market development Assistance: It is Registered Traders stimulate and diversify the Country’s Export Trade.
- Interface for Trade & Policy: It acts as an Interface between the Government and the members regarding Trade and policy–related matters.
- Subscribe to Trade Leads: The registered traders can get a subscription to Trade leads by E- mail.
- Filing of Export Return: The Council is assisting in the filing of Monthly & Quarterly export returns.
- Market Report & Trends: The member of the CAPXIL can get the details of the market report, analysis of Indian Export trends across the country, products or other parameters and valuable resource of global trade data.
- Buyer–Seller Meets: The council member can participate in the national workshop, organizing seminar, and buyer-seller meets organized by CAPEXIL.
- After discussing the benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate, we will now cover the Products covered under CAPEXIL.
Products Covered under CAPEXIL
- Books, Publications, and Printing
- Cement and Clinkers
- Granite, Marble, Natural Stones and Products
- Ceramics & Refractories
- Bulk Minerals & Ores
- Graphite & Explosives
- Glass & Glassware
- Ossein and Gelatine
- Miscellaneous Products
- Plywood & Products
- Processed Minerals
- Rubber Products
- Products Covered under CAPEXIL
- Animal By-Products
- Auto Tyres and Tubes
- Paints and Allied Products
- Paper and Products
The CAPEXIL has been engaged in various promotional activities & has become a Crucial component of the Chemical Industry in India. It has assisted in promoting the Indian Chemical Industry worldwide and provided urgent financial assistance. Further in this writing, we have discussed the benefits of CAPEXIL Certificate and the products covered under the CAPEXIL.
Read our Article:What are the Various Objectives of CAPEXIL Certificate?