On September 30, 2021, FSSAI, through an order, enabled a new provision for change address in FSSAI License without changing FSSAI License or FSSAI Registration Number. Food businesses can now retain the same Registration Number or License even in case there is the necessity of change in premise address by simply applying a modification of their existing license or Registration. In this write-up, we will discuss the process to change address in FSSAI License.
What is the meaning of FSSAI?
FSSAI stands for Food Safety & Standards Authority of India, is a government organisation in India that ensures food safety and standards. It’s a public authority that is part of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The FSSAI was first introduced and was founded in 2006 under the Food Safety & Standards Act, and it is mainly responsible for food safety & regulation in India.
The FSSAI is also concerned with food safety, proper maintenance, and quality. As an outcome, FSSAI issues registrations or licenses to companies that handle, pack, manufacture, and sell food. Moreover, the FSSAI aims to ensure food purity and the removal of contaminated & low-quality food. Similarly, the FSSAI creates rules & regulations for food enterprises in India.
The Essence of FSSAI Notification Regarding Change Address in FSSAI License
The FSSAI Registration provides a 14-digit unique identifier that contains all of the fundamental information regarding the production state and license or approval of the manufacturer. An FBOs eligibility for FSSAI License is determined by various factors.
Currently, Food Business Operators face problems in retaining their present FSSAI Registration Number or License in case they change address in FSSAI License or change the premises of their food units. Food Business Operators (FBOs) need to surrender the existing FSSAI License and apply for a new license. To facilitate or help the food businesses in retaining the present FSSAI License, even if they change or alter the food unit location, FSSAI has now enabled a new provision for changing address in FSSAI License in FoSCoS or Food Safety Compliance System while applying for modification of FSSAI License or Registration.
Documents Required to Change Address in FSSAI License
The Food Business Operators need to upload the following documents for modification to change the address in FSSAI License:
- Supporting document for the objective of modification on the letterhead;
- Any document which is needed by the licensing authority to make sure food safety.
Procedure to Change Address in FSSAI License
TO change address in FSSAI License, Food Business Operators need to submit an online application through FoSCoS& possess a valid receipt of the application having a 17 digit application reference number.
- First, the Food Business Operator need to login into the official website of FoSCoS; a dashboard will be shown; you have to click the modification option, and the FBO can change the respective FSSAI License.
- During the modification of the FSSAI License with the requisite fee for change in the jurisdiction, an automatic online application for transfer will be sent to the present authority.
- The concerned authority will examine the application within 15 days of receiving the application. The comment related to the application, in case of no comments on the transfer application by the existing authority, the application will be auto-approved by the system.
- Then the application for modification will be forward to the concerned licensing authority, who shall examine the application & approve it as per the FSS (Licensing & Registration of Food Businesses) Regulation, 2011.
- Once the application is approved, the license with its history will shift to the destined licensing authority.
Note: If an application for the modification in FSSAI License is rejected by the FSSAI Authority, the particular FBO is required to stop their business operation till the modification part gets completed.
The fee structure for applying the FSSAI License Modification to change address in FSSAI License is as follows:
|Modification of FSSAI License and Registration Certificate||Rs. 1000/- for LicenseRs. 100 for Registration|
According to FSSAI Notification dates June 16 2021, Food Business Operator is not needed to pay the fee modification of license till October 31, 2021.
By following the steps, you can change address in FSSAI License and you can also change other information that you want to change. The FSSAI License has played a vital role in the food industry and you must have to get it for your food business.
Read our Article:FSSAI Registration for Airport Premises