Most sellers in the food industry prefer food hawkers, vendors, and other unorganized eateries like Food trucks because of their range in size and flexibility. These food units are used for selling food items to the general public. So, these food-selling units need to take an FSSAI license to address the legal requirements as per the food safety and legal authority act. In this write-up, we will discuss the new Application i.e. Food Safety Connect for food hawkers, vendors, and other unorganized eateries.
Services offered by Food Safety Connect
- To ease the Food licensing process for many unregistered micros and small food businesses in the country, including hawkers, food suppliers, and other unorganized food eateries, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has launched an application called Food Safety Connect.
- With this Application’s launch (FSSAI’s Food Connect Mobile App), it will be easier for food businesses to apply for an FSSAI license by simply using their smartphones.
- Applicants can raise queries and ask about the procedures related to food licensing, regulatory concerns, and other compliances for the food businesses through the Application.
- Also, tiny food business units can acquire supplies material concern to a list of informed laboratories for food examination, inspection guidelines, product standards, list of Food Safety mandates, training through Food Safety Training and Certification, suggestive documents, etc.
- The Food Safety Mitra assists all small or big food business units. Food Safety Mitra is a certified individual professional who assists these food businesses unit in compliances related to Food Safety and Standards Act.
- Also, the facility of training is provided by FoSTaC. This training program helps the food businesses having central or state licenses to have at least one trained and competent food safety supervisor for every 25 food handlers.
Facts related to Food Safety Connect Application
The Application for FSSAI license launched by FSSAI came during the publishing of the Global Food Security Index 2021 by Economist Impact and Corteva Agriscience in October 2021. The Global Food Security Index 2021 has put India in the 71st position out of 113 countries regarding food affordability. The ranking is based on metrics including quality and safety of food, inexpensiveness, availability, natural resources, and resilience. As per the Index, Ireland, Austria, and the UK are top of the list.
How will Food Safety Connect App help the consumers?
The small vendors in the food industry are a self-employed class of small business people who are not reliant on any institutional organizations to find their livelihoods. While buying the food products, every consumer should ensure the safe handling and preparation of food they will buy. This helps the consumers in avoiding unnecessary health risks. Every small food business vendor must obtain the FSSAI License before the food ultimately reaches the consumer.
The Application issued by FSSAI for small food vendors will help the consumers access the informative videos, myth busters, manuals, and other supportive documents that are relevant for all the consumers to verify the FSSAI License or registration easily. Also, this Application of FSSAI License will help the consumers lodging their grievances related to food safety concerns.
The quality and safety of foods provided by food hawkers, vendors, and other eateries are determined by various factors such as the business administration, regulatory and technical aspects related to the arrangement, preservation, and display of food sold by the small food units, the consumer viewpoint, and educational programs. To improve the conditions of street food vendors and make sure that the food sold does not jeopardize public health, FSSAI has launched the Application for an online FSSAI license. The Food Safety Connect app will help the small food units like food hawkers, vendors, and eateries in the easy registration process and help consumers easily check the FSSAI license or any food product.
Read our article:FSSAI Registration Fees and Various Aspects