Ghee is a form of highly clarified butter that is traditionally used in cooking and Ghee is made by melting regular butter and the butter separates into liquid fats & milk solids. Once separated, the milk solids ate removed, which means that Ghee has less lactose than butter. It is a source of iron, calcium, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, and carbs. It aids in reducing inflammation and many ailments and enhancing heart and brain health. In addition, ghee consumption is growing all over India since it boosts the immune system, eases bowel movements, reduces chronic cough issues, and treats eye illnesses. In 2021, the Indian ghee market had a value of INR 2624 billion. IMARC Group projects which market will grow at a CAGR of 10.5% between 2022 and 2017 to reach INR 4787 billion by 2027. According to the Essential Food Act of 1955, dairy products fall under essential food products. This article will discuss FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business in India.
The Government of India sets the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) for various dairy products. Dairy products should be pure and free of contaminants as they are consumed daily. Numerous dairy product producers have been found guilty of adulterating their products. The consumer’s health may be badly impacted. Dairy processing and production should adhere to the rules set forth by the food safety authority.
Why is FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business Important in India?
FSSAI is a higher authority under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. FSSAI strongly suggests that any food business or venture should obtain the FSSAI License Registration before starting their Business. FSSAI established Food Compliance System (FoSCoS) to process the food license registration online. This FSSAI Registration Certificate will ensure that the food served by a food business entity is safe to consume. This food business includes food preparation, handling, retailing, distributing, exporting and importing entities.
According to the FSSAI, ghee business manufacturers should obtain FSSAI License to start their Ghee Business. The Ghee produced by the manufacturer should maintain its quality and standard. Any impurities added to the product may cause health problems for consumers. FSSAI Registration Certificate will ensure that the Ghee from the manufacturer is safe enough to consume.
Types of FSSAI Registration – FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business
FSSAI License Registration is based on the type of Business, production capacity, and turnover. Depending upon the installed capacity & turnover, FBOs (Food Business Operators) are eligible for Licenses like Basic Registration, State Licenses, and Central License.
- FSSAI Basic Registration: FBOs having a turnover of less than Rs.12 lakh per annual need to obtain FSSAI basic license registration. The FSSAI License Registration form applicants must fill out to get FSSAI Registration is Form A.
- FSSAI State License Registration: FBOs having an annual turnover of more than Rs.12 lakh and less than Rs.20 crore must get the FSSAI STATE License Registration. Form B is the FSSAI registration form the applicant must fill out to get an FSSAI State License.
- FSSAI Central License Registration: FBOs having an annual turnover of more than Rs.20 crore need to get the FSSAI Central License Registration. Form B is the FSSAI registration form the applicant must fill out to get an FSSAI Central License.
Documents Required to Obtain FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business
Following are some vital documents required for FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business:
- Following are the documents required to get FSSAI Basic Registration:
- Photo ID proof of the food business operator.
- Possession of proof of business premises, i.e. rental agreement, NOC by the owner of the rented premises, utility bills etc.
- Business constitution certificate, i.e. Partnership Deed, Shop and Establishment Licence, Certificate of Incorporation or other Business Registration Certificate.
- Food Safety Management System plan.
- Bank account details.
- List of food products manufactured or processed.
- Supporting documents (if required) such as NOC by Panchayat or Municipality, Health NOC, copy of License from the manufacturer, etc.
- Following are the documents required to get FSSAI State License:
- Duly completed & signed application form
- List of Directors/ Partners/Proprietors with address, contact information, and photo ID
- Plan of the processing premises showing the dimensions & operation-wise area allocation
- Name and list of equipment & machinery used with the number and installed capacity
- Analysis report of water to be used in the procedure to confirm the portability.
- Authority letter by manufacturer nominated a responsible person name & address.
- Copy of certificate got under Coop Act 1861 or Multi-State Coop Act 2002.
- The following specific documents are required to get FSSAI Central License:
- Source of raw material for milk and other milk products.
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
- Recall plan wherever applicable
- NOC/PA document issued by FSSAI
- Form B
- IE Code document issued by DGFT
- Certificate from the Ministry of Tourism
- Declaration form.
- Supporting documents for proof of turnover & transportation.
Procedure to Obtain FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business
Following are important steps for getting FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business:
Step 1: Select the Type of Certification: Depending on the annual turnover, you need to apply for one of the following:
- Basic License: Every Food Business Operator with an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakhs must register with the FSSAI.
- State License: Food Business Operator or FBO with an annual turnover between 12 lakhs to Rs. 20 crores must obtain a State License.
- Central License: A Food Business Operator with an annual turnover above Rs. 20 crores must get a Central License.
Step 2: Select the Type of Business: You need to select the right type of Business from a list of business types that you want to register with the FSSAI.
Step 3: Sign Up on the FSSAI portal, i.e., FoSCoS.
Step 4: Fill out the FSSAI Application Form:
- There are two application forms – Form A & Form B.
- Form A is for Basic Registration and Form B is for State and Central License. You need to select the type of forms as per your business need.
- Then fill out the intended form with all the required information.
Step 5: Submit the Documentation: The submission process requires the applicant to upload your Identity proof, Business Address proof, FSMS declaration & many other types of documents.
Step 6: Make Payment for the Application: Once the applicant submits the application & documents, then the applicant needs to pay the application.
Step 5: Issuance: Once all the above steps are completed successfully, you will get FSSAI License.
Renewal of FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business
- It is mandatory to renew the FSSAI Certificate every year.
- Applicant should apply for a renewal 30 days before the expiry of the existing License.
- In case the applicant misses out on the renewal. Then the applicant might have to pay a fine of ₹100 every day until they renew the FSSAI License.
- Any lapse within the prescribed time can get the applicant’s License deactivated.
Penalty for Non-Compliance of FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business
List of the penalty for several types of non-compliance with FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business:
|SI. No.||Particulars||Fine (Rs.)|
|1||Food quality is not in compliance with the act||2 Lakh Petty manufacturer – 25,000/-|
|2||Misbranded Food||3 Lakh|
|3||Sub-standard food||5 Lakh|
|4||Misleading advertisement or false description||10 Lakh|
|5||Failure to comply with the Food safety officer’s directions||2 Lakh|
|6||Extraneous matter in food||1 Lakh|
|7||Unhygienic processing or manufacture||1 Lakh|
While applying for the FSSAI License Registration for ghee business, applicants need to select the right type of category and documentation while applying for an FSSAI License Certification. Applicants need the assistance of professionals. Corpbiz will guide the applicant through the entire process and obtain the FSSAI License Registration for Ghee Business and other dairy product business licensed in a short time.
Read our Article:FSSAI New Regulations on Veg and Non-Veg Food Products