The BIS Product Certification Scheme has over 26500 licensees, which cover more than 900 items. BIS Certification enables licensees to use the well-known ISI mark on their goods, which is widely recognised as a symbol of high-quality goods. 90 products must have BIS Certification, according to a government notification. Additionally, BIS runs the Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS), which allows foreign manufacturers to be authorised to use the BIS Standard Mark. There are over 350 permits in 40 countries for more than 50 Indian Standards. This blog will discuss BIS ISI for Cylinder, Valves and Regulator.
ISI Certification – Meaning
To ensure quality to sell in the Indian markets, specific standards were introduced to the Indian market after the Independence. ISI (Indian Standards Institute) is the former name of BIS, and it is identified with a unique license number seven-digit (CM/L-XXXXXX).
List of the BIS ISI for Cylinder, Valves and Regulator Product as per IS Code
|Sr. No.||IS Cord||product|
|1.||IS 14899||Liquefied petroleum gas containers for automotive use|
|2.||IS 3196 (Part 4)||Welded low-carbon steel cylinders exceeding 5 litre Water capacity for low-pressure liquefiable gases Part 4 Cylinders for toxic & corrosive gases|
|3.||IS 3196 (Part 2)||Welded low-carbon steel gas cylinder exceeding 5-litre water capacity for low-pressure liquefiable gases Part 2 Cylinders for liquefiable gases other than LPG.|
|4.||IS 3745||Yoke Type Valve Connection for Small Medical Gas Cylinders|
|5.||IS 7285 (Part 1)||Refillable Seamless steel gas cylinders Part1 Normalised steel cylinders|
|6.||IS 7302||Valve fittings for gas-cylinder valves for use with the breathing apparatus|
|7.||IS 8737||Valve fittings for use with liquefied petroleum gas-cylinders of more than 5-litre water capacity Part 2 Valve fittings for newly manufactured LPG cylinders|
|8.||IS 9798||Low-pressure regulators for use with liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) mixtures|
|9.||IS 15100||Multifunction valve assembly for permanently fixed liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) containers for automotive use|
|10.||IS 3196 (Part 1)||Welded low carbon steel gas cylinder exceeding 5-litre water capacity for low-pressure liquefiable gases Part1 Cylinders for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)|
|11.||IS 3224||Valve fittings for compressed gas cylinders and excluding liquefied petroleum gas cylinders|
|12.||IS 7142||Welded low carbon steel cylinders for low-pressure liquefiable gases not exceeding a 5-litre water capacity|
|13.||IS 7285 (Part 2)||Refillable Seamless steel gas cylinders Part 2 Quenched and tempered steel cylinders with tensile strength less than 1100 MPa (112 kg/mm2)|
|14.||IS 7312||Welded and seamless steel dissolved acetylene gas cylinders.|
|15.||IS 8776||Valve Fittings for Use with LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Cylinders up to and Including 5-Litre Water Capacity|
Documents required to Obtain BIS ISI for Cylinder, Valves and Regulator
Following are the documents which require to obtain BIS ISI for Cylinder, Valves and Regulator in India:
- PCB Layout;
- User Manual;
- Schematic Diagram;
- Critical Components List;
- Factory’s Organizational Chart;
- A copy of Trademark Registration;
- Legal Address Proof for the Factory;
- List of Equipment Used;
- List of Machinery Installed;
- All the documents concerning Authorized Indian Representative, when the producer resides in some other country;
- Declaration by the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the firm;
- Test Report of the product samples analysis or examined by the BIS Certified Lab;
- Invoice concerning Sales;
- Bills of Lading;
- Packaging List;
- Insurance Cover Note;
- Letter of Consent (LOC) by the owner of the product;
- Map Location;
- Flow chart showcasing the process of manufacture;
Procedure to Obtain BIS ISI for Cylinder, Valves and Regulator
Following is the process to obtain BIS ISI for cylinders, Valves and Regulator:
- Visit the Dedicated BIS online portal & download the application Form.
- Fill out the information accurately & submit the essential required documents which are mentioned above;
- Submit the BIS Certification registration fees, factory audit fee, and sample fee test.
- Once you apply, the BIS Officer and Inspection team will visit your factory premises to inspect the manufacturing unit and facilities.
- After the inspection, the BIS Officer and Inspection team take some products as samples for testing in the BIS authorised Laboratory.
- After the testing, you need to receive a test report from the BIS authorised Laboratory and submit it to BIS. Then BIS officer and inspection team verify your test report & documents; if they are delighted with the test report and documents, they will grant the BIS ISI certificate.
Validity and Renewal of the BIS ISI Certification
The Validity of the BIS ISI Certification is for 2 years. The certificate holder can renew the license in case there has not been any change in the product & standards. After renewal, a BIS ISI Certificate is valid for up to five years, depending on the product.
For the time being, people purchasing a product must seek the ISI mark. As you can see, obtaining a licence to utilise this is challenging. Insofar as one has faith that the procedure is being followed, it is the best assurance of quality and safety available at the time.
Read our Article:How to Get BIS ISI for Oil Pressure Stove?