Hand blenders are one of the essential kitchen appliances; from blending to pureeing and whipping to kneading are performed effortlessly with the attachments of this appliance. Thus, BIS ISI for hand blenders is mandatorily required under kitchen appliances before putting them into the market for sale.
Meaning of Hand Blender
An electric machine that we hold in our hands and is used in the kitchen for breaking down foods or making smooth liquid substances is known as hand blender. It is a kitchen blade grinder that is used for mixing foods in the container where they are being prepared. The main function of a hand blender is to blend and grind food with protected blades.
All hand blender is included in the compulsory ISI Certification Scheme under Indian Standard- IS 302(Part 2/Section 14). Export, import or selling in the Indian market is not possible without BIS ISI for hand blender and ISI mark imprinted.
Safety Notice relating to BIS ISI for Hand Blenders
The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) has issued a safety notice to alert consumers against selling household goods/products in violation of compulsory standards as notified by Central Government. The hand blender is also one of the household goods relating to which CCPA has issued this safety notice, including its line Ministry, i.e., DPIIT and date of enforcement which is 1st May 2019.
This safety notice has been circulated among all States, Union Territories, Industry Associations, Legal Service Authorities, Consumer Associations and other Legal Departments.
Essential points relating to BIS ISI for Hand Blender
Essential Points to keep in mind related to registration of the hand blender are as follows:
- All the sellers of the hand blender should mention on the bill that it is an ISI mark certified product.
- In case the quality of the hand blender is not up to the set Indian Standards, then one can make compliance with BIS.
- If the complaint is made against a manufacturer, the BIS investigates it for three months.
- The BIS always keep a check on the manufacturer to know if they are following the guidelines set by ISI.
BIS ISI for Hand Blender
With BIS, the Bureau of Standards makes it compulsory for kitchen appliances to obtain Certification from 1st May 2019. Thus, there is a need for BIS ISI for hand blenders- IS 302 (Part 2/Section 14) and Domestic Electric Food Mixer (Liquidizers and Grinders) and Centrifugal juicers- IS 4250.
BIS ISI for Hand Blender: Benefits
Benefits of acquiring ISI Certification for hand blenders are as follows:
- Better business opportunity
- Better quality and safety of hand blenders(products)
- Reduces rejections and losses of the businesses of hand blenders
- Long service life in comparison to products without ISI Certification
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Grants guarantees to the manufacturer who follows ISI guidelines
- Minimise wastage of any resource such as raw materials, labourers or workers, etc.
BIS ISI for Hand Blender: Documents
Following are the documents required for obtaining ISI Certification for hand blenders:
- Applicant’s identity proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card or Identity Certificate with a photo that is issued from any gazetted officer on official letterhead.
- Self-attested copy of documents authenticating the firm’s premises such as GST Registration, Insurance Policy, Income Tax Assessment Order, Property Tax Receipt, Telephone or Electricity Bill, Bank Statement or Passbook with the address of the sales outlet, Registration with State Government Authority, Trade License, Rent Agreement with receipt of last rent or Lease or sale deed agreement.
- Self-attested copy of documents stating the proof of establishment of the firm such as Registration with appropriate Departments State Government, Certified Form from a Chartered Accountant (in case of Proprietorship), Registration Certificate issued by Registrar of Company (in case of a company) or Partnership Deed (in case of a partnership firm).
- Details of raw materials used and its supplier with quality certification
- Details of machine installed with its capacity and quantity
- Details of the manufacturing process with plant layout, process flow chart, etc.
- Nature of Packing includes size or quantity of packaging and storage facility.
- Details of test equipment and calibration status with the date
- Details of Quality Control Staff with their identification, qualification, designation and experience
- Method of disposal of substandard product
- Any additional documents, such as Non-Judicial Stamp Paper in the prescribed format and Location Map or premises from some nearest prominent landmark.
BIS ISI for Hand Blender: Process
A pre-defined procedure is to be followed for obtaining ISI for this Form of kitchen appliance. The ISI Certification for hand blenders in India is mandatory, and its procedure includes two different forms: Simplified and Normal Procedure. Both procedures for ISI Certification include product testing, filing of the application, inspection, scrutiny of application and grant of ISI License.
Step by Step procedure for ISI Certification for Hand Blender is as follows:
- Product testing
The hand blender for which Certification is required needs to be tested by the BIS recognised laboratories as per the Indian Standards. After testing the product (hand blender), the laboratory generates a test report.
- Filing of Application
After the issuance of the test report, the applicant files the application with such a test report. The application form is filed with all the mandatory documents and required fees.
- Inspection and Scrutiny
After successful submission of the application, the BIS official checks and verifies all documents and information filed along with the application. The authenticity of the test report is also checked.
The official inspecting the documents may demand the same, so applicants need to provide them on the allotted date. Once the BIS official is satisfied, he conducts a factory inspection with manufacturing and testing procedures.
Once the BIS officer is satisfied with the inspection, then he submits an inspection report to the certification officer with all of its observations.
- Grant of ISI License
After validating all the inspection details, the certification officer grants the final Certification to the applicant in the Form of a Certification of Manufacturing License Number.
Post-grant of a license, the manufacturer uses the ISI logo on its hand blender to ensure the quality of its product.
The validity of such BIS ISI for Hand blender is for one year only, and after that, the applicant is required to file a renewal application to the appropriate authority.
BIS ISI for hand blender falls under the category of compulsory Certification of Kitchen Appliances, as set by Indian Standards. The Indian Standard (IS) number provided for such hand blenders is IS 3o2 (Part2/Section 14). The procedure for obtaining such ISI Certification is provided under the BIS Act. This Certification is valid for one year only.
Read our Article:How to Get BIS ISI for Oil Pressure Stove?