CHEMEXCIL is popularly known as Chemicals, Cosmetics & Dyes Export Promotion Council. Ministry of Commerce and Industry Gov. of India 1963 has set up the Body named CHEMEXCIl, for promoting the exports of all the following items from India to different countries of the world. At Present total membership strength comprising of Large and small scale manufacturers and merchants, Exporter is more than 4000.Further, in writing, we shall discuss the Chemexcil Registration Process in detail.
Items are grouped into four different panels of Chemexcil and they are classified as under
PANEL – I: Dye & Dyes Intermediates
PANEL – II: Basic organic and Inorganic Chemicals, Including agrochemicals.
PANEL – III: Toiletries, Cosmetics, Soaps and Essential Oils
PANEL – IV: Speciality Chemicals, Castor oil and Lubricants
Categories of Members
The Council must have the following categories of members,
- Associate Members
- Ordinary Members
- Registered Members
Committee of Administration
Affairs of the Council are managed by a Committee that shall be the managing Body of the Council. The Committee consists of elected members- Merchant Exporters & Manufacturer, Co-opted members &Government Nominees.
CHEMICAL Membership Benefits
The following are the listed CHEMEXIL membership benefits, they are:-
- Avail of various Government Export Promotional Schemes to participate in export promotion activities abroad.
- Visa Recommendation letter from the Council for a business visit abroad.
- Receive trade Enquiries via E-Mail.
- Professional advice on Exim Policy by experts
- Issue of Registered cum Membership certificate
- Issue of Non – Preferential certificate of origin
- Act as an interface with the Government to Avail incentives quickly etc.
- Provide free Assistance on Export Financing with Various Institutions and banks.
- The latest statistical information on India’s product exports is coming under this Council’s preview.
Essential roles of CHEMEXCIL
- Participating in international exhibitions and inviting overseas delegations to India to promote our exports and establish long-term strategic alliances.
- CHEMEXCIL is a Nodal agency set up by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry for compliance with the legislation of the European Union.
- Participating in the Review Meetings or Task Force Meetings being organized by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and to form strategies for the promotion of export items coming under the ambit of the Council with presentations covering suggestions or views being received from its members.
- Organizing Export Award Function to felicitate exceptional exporters on their exceptional export performance.
- In short, it’s ‘one contact point’ for sourcing details on the above products from India.
- To interface with the Industry and the Government of India to formulate Export-oriented Policies and create a favourable environment to augment exports of the above items from India.
- CAMEXCIL prepare and submit to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry annual action plan to promote exporters.
Documents Required for CHEMEXCIL Registration Process
The following are the documents required for the CHEMEXCIL Registration Process
CHEMEXCIL Activities and Services
- Assisting members to get their MDA/MAI claims refunded from Govt. of India.
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin.
- Dissemination of trade enquiries received from abroad.
- Help exporters in compliance with regulatory affairs such as CLP, REACH, etc.
- Interface with Govt. for policy suggestions/concerns so that export is done smoothly.
- Holding of Sector Specific Indian Chemical Shows in Focus Area to explore new markets and in General, areas to strengthen the existing markets.
- Holding of B2B Meets in India/Sector Specific International Conferences/ Abroad.
- Organizing Indian Pavilion in vital International Chemical shows to create Brand India Image.
- Maintenance of Chemical Library and help overseas importers/ Exporters – sourcing their products.
- Organize Reverse Buyer-Seller meet in India.
Chemexcil Registration Process
The following are the detailed Chemexcil Registration Process:
Application for the Membership as an associate or ordinary member shall be made to the Council in the mentioned form.
The application shall, in all cases, contain the following particulars:
- Facts showing membership eligibility.
- Whether the applicant is a firm, individual, company, or entity.
- Category of membership applied for.
- Step by Step Chemexcil Registration Process:
The membership application shall be sent to the Executive Director, together with:
- The membership application is to be submitted in the prescribed form duly filled in along with a Cheque /Demand Draft. Drawn in favour of “CHEMEXCIL SBI Account for the prescribed amount towards membership fees.
- Copy of Certificate issued by the sponsoring Authority such as SIA issued from Ministry of Industry Government of India, SSI and issued by Director of Industries Respective States (in case of Manufacturer – Exporter).
- A copy of the Import-Export Code Number. List of Director/Partners with their specimen signature and residential address on your Letter Heads in triplicate and duly attested.
- Application for Registration as mentioned by the Council duly filled.
- Copy of PAN Number
- If the Partner/Director does not sign the application, he has to submit the Power of Attorney given by the Director to act on their behalf.
Renewal of Membership
Once the Chemexcil Registration Process is completed the department will issue the certificate which is valid for one year. Registered Member Exporter of the Council has to renew their membership every year by paying the prescribed fees as per the amount mentioned in the bill along with the original RCMC certificate. They also have to submit a copy of PAN/IEC.
After reading this article, it can be said that the Detailed Assessment of the Chemexcil Registration Process has been elaborated on above with various benefits available to a member of CHEMEXCIL. Its main aim is to promote the export of chemicals from India.