An overview of Patent registration in West Bengal
Patent registration in West Bengal is governed by the Patent Act, 1970 and Patent Rules, 2021. West Bengal is counted as the major Indian state and one of the significant contributors to the GDP of the country. Climatic conditions suitable for the cultivation of tea and jute have made West Bengal a major centre for these products and related industries. West Bengal occupies a dominant position in the development of micro and small-scale enterprises. All these factors drive up the need for patent registration as every inventor wants to protect their new idea or invention. Therefore Patent registration in West Bengal gives the patentee a monopoly to use its invention.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Process for registration
- Check the patentability of the invention: This helps you to find out whether the idea for which the application has been made is in existence or not. Thus it helps you to save time and energy.
- Draft the application form: Once the search is completed, proceed with drafting the application form along with document preparation.
- Publication of patent application in the official patent journal: Applicant once filled with the Indian patent office it will be publishedin the official patent journal
- The examiner will examine the patent application: The examiner will examine all the documents filed with the application form before granting the patent.
- Finally, the grant of patent
Validity and Renewal
Patent Registration Certificate in West Bengal is valid for 20 years from the date of application.
If you want to register your patent in West Bengal, you must be looking for an experienced patent agent who can help you with the whole process. We at Corpbiz provide the best patent registration services in West Bengal. We are here to help you and assist you from the beginning to the completion of the patent registration process. Even though applying for a patent is a drawn-out and challenging procedure but we will always be there for you. Through our services, we aim to protect your innovation from being copied by a third party or sold out. We share our expert knowledge with you to help you prevent problems that could impede your growth.