An Overview of Trade License West Bengal
A Trade License is a legal certificate required to start a business or trade in a particular area or location. The owner of a Trade License cannot use this license for any other business. A business that is registered within a state, Corporation, or municipality is required to get Trade License from the authority to start a business. In West Bengal, to obtain Trade License West Bengal, the applicant must first understand the jurisdiction under which they are running the business and the applicable acts. If you plan to start a new business in West Bengal, you need to obtain Trade License West Bengal because it is one of the essential documents to commence a business or a trade in West Bengal.
Different Categories of Trade License
- Shop License: Dangerous & offensive trade like a sale of firewood, candle manufacturer, barbershop, cracker manufacturer, etc.
- Industrial License: Small, medium & large scale manufacturing factories.
- Food Establishment License: Hotels, canteen Restaurants, food stalls, the sale of meat and vegetables, bakeries, etc.
Benefits of Obtaining Trade License West Bengal
Following are some benefits of obtaining a Trade License:
- It increases credibility;
- This license helps in motivating investors;
- It ensures better sanitation within the organisation;
- Provide better exposure to financial help;
- Increase goodwill in the target market;
- It also ensures fewer confrontations with legal affairs;
- It discourages unethical practices.
Who issues Trade License in West Bengal?
Who Needs Trade License West Bengal?
Following business entities are mandated to secure Trade License from the Municipal Corporation in West Bengal before starting business operations:
Criteria for obtaining Trade License
Following are the criteria for obtaining Trade License in West Bengal:
- The age of the applicant should not be less than 18 years;
- The business of the applicant must be capable of executing legal work;
- The applicant shouldn’t have any criminal records.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Vital Documents Required for Obtaining a Trade License in West Bengal
Following is the list of all the vital documents required for obtaining a Trade License West Bengal:
Online Procedure for Applying Trade License West Bengal
The step by step procedure to follow in order to obtain a Trade License in West Bengal are:
Renewal of Trade License West Bengal
A Trade License in West Bengal doesn’t hold lifetime validity, and hence it should be renewed at regular time intervals. When it is required to renew the license, the Corporation will issue a demand notice to the concerned licensee mentioning the need for the renewal of the Trade License. The concerned person might renew it by remitting the appropriate fee at the particular counters mentioned in the notice. When the payment is made, the demand notice is sent to the applicant. If the licensee fails to receive the demand notice, the applicant is needed to provide a copy of the recently paid Trade License as well as a declaration affirming that the applicant's Trade License details such as the Trade name, Trade address, area covered through the location in sq. feet. Trade nature, place & date. A duplicate copy of the demand notice shall be sent to the applicant.
How will Corpbiz help you?
Filing an application and arranging all the documents is not an easy task; our experts at Corpbiz can assist you in mitigating such circumstances by providing unmatched support. Corpbiz is playing an essential role in strengthening licensing space by providing end-to-end support to our respected clients.