NOC from West Bengal State Pollution Control Board
The West Bengal Prevention & Control of Water Pollution Board was established immediately after the implementation of the country's first federal environmental regulation, the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, by Notification No. PH/2395/2A-7/74 released on 20.09.1974. Following the passage of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, the Board established under the Water Act was charged with carrying out the provisions of the Air Act within the state of West Bengal, and the Board was renamed the West Bengal Pollution Control Board by Notification No. ENV/337/2W-4/83 released on 14.04.1983. The State Board acts as a regulatory authority for the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act of 1974, the Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act of 1974, and the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act of 1974. The environment protection act, 1986, (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act 1981, and thereunder.
Although the Board's primary goal is to ensure that the provisions of various environmental legislation, notifications, orders, & office memorandums published by the GOI a and the Government of West Bengal are properly implemented within the territorial jurisdiction of WB, its fundamental goal is to render a cleaner environment for the people of WB. The Board's constant efforts have been to reconcile pro-development and pro-environmental needs. In addition to enforcing environmental legislation rigorously and fairly, the Board is working to raise awareness among civil society members and assure their active engagement in environmental protection.
What are the objectives of WBSPCB?
Sustainable Development: - Sustainable development is a broad term that encompasses the need for economic progress while also taking into account environmental conservation and social equality. Controlling the prevention of natural resources is referred to as preventive.
Waste Management: Waste Management is a systematic way to safeguard the environment.
Consumer awareness: Consumer awareness can help reduce pollution by persuading the general people to use CFLs, paper bags, and public transportation instead of firecrackers, plastic bags, and other non-biodegradable products.
Compliance: In order to limit pollution in Gujrat, the GPCB established specific criteria for companies and health care facilities.
What are the Functions of WBSPCB?
- Make recommendations to the West Bengal government on any issue relating to the prevention and control of water and air pollution and the improvement of air quality.
- Through the media, organize consumer awareness initiatives on the prevention and control of air and water pollution and waste management.
- Collect, compile, and prepare technical and statistical data on air and water contamination.
- Set sewage and trade effluents standards and emission standards for industrial plants, autos, and health care facilities
- To assist with developing new technology for sewage treatment, trade effluent treatment, and control equipment.
- Consent certificates are issued to industries that fit into several categories: Red, Orange, Green, and White.
- Issuing authorizations to companies and healthcare facilities falls under the categories of Bio-Medical Waste Authorization and Hazardous Waste Management.
- Authorization, Plastic Waste Management, Battery Waste Management, and E-waste Authorization are all topics that need to be addressed.
Why is WBSPCB certification necessary?
- For the formation of new industries or the continuation of an established one
- For the installation of new or different electricity connections
- For the installation of a water connection (new one) or a change in an existing one
- For acquiring a license from the Municipal Authority or renewing an existing one
- To receive a police license or renew an eating house license to obtain a NOC from the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA).
- Obtaining a letter of authorization from the Fire Department.
- For acquiring an International Trade License
What are the Documents required to obtain NOC from WBSPCB?
- Pan card for Authorized Persons
- Aadhar card for Authorized Persons
- In the case of a Partnership/Company Authorization letter,
- the unit's Pan card is required (except Proprietorship)
- CA Site Plan /Naksha
- FSSAI Certificate for food industries
- Letter for overall project cost
- Ownership Documentation
- GST Certificate for Water Bills
Who is entitled to obtain the WBSPCB NOC?
So, the manufacturing units, Health care establishments, Traders, E-waste management entities, Solid waste management entities, Hazardous waste management entities, Battery waste management entities, Plastic waste management entities, Bio-medical waste management entities are eligible to apply for the NOC from WBSPCB.
How Copbiz can assist you?
- Guidance in obtaining the NOC from SPCB
- Consultation from our professional team
- Drafting the application for NOC and regular monitoring with the Authority Concern
- Arranging and providing the required documents
- Delivering of License
- End-to-end Assistance