The Medical Industry is a very vast industry providing scope for various business plans. Taking a note of the current scenario looking at the growth of the Medical Industry in India, the Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business is a very profitable business with very minimal scope of facing losses in the business. One of the essential reason being this business is mostly cash–based with very minimal scope of borrowing or loaning.
Brief on Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business
This is a business that requires trading with hospitals directly. The person who is in this business needs to mandatorily complete a specific degree, basic experience in the relevant field and have the issuance of required Governmental Licenses as deemed necessary for the Wholesale Business for the trading of Medical and Surgical Instruments.
A few most common and essential Medical and Surgical Instruments demanded by hospitals, medical stores, small clinics, etc., in bulk for the Merchant Suppliers are stated as follows –
- Vein Plans
- Goch Pieces
Licenses Mandatory to be Obtained
The following Licenses are needed for the Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business in India –
- Degree or Diploma
- As in this business, the products being traded are in direct relation with the health industry, if one is interested in starting or is involved in the business need to complete at least any one of the Medical Diploma, for example, a Diploma in D Pharm or a Diploma in B Pharm along with a couple of years of experience in the relevant field.
- Drug License
- This License needs to be mandatorily be issued by submitting a duly filled application named Form 19 along with necessary documents as provided by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation, also known as CDSCO, or the State Drugs Standard Control Organisation, also known as SDSCO in accordance with the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- Registration of Goods and Service Tax
- For this Wholesale Business, it is mandatory for the business to be registered for the Goods and Service Tax, also known as GST.
Documents Needed to be Mandatorily Submitted
The following below–mentioned documents are necessary to be obtained for starting any Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business –
- Certification of Diploma in D Pharm or a Diploma in B Pharm as proof for educational qualification
- Registration Certification from the State Pharmacy Council
- Certification for proof of experience in the relevant area of business
- A copy of the Aadhaar Card for Address Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- A copy of the Rental Agreement along with necessary Property Documents
- The Shop or Office Address of the Wholesale Business
- Document Details of the Refrigerator along with the Complete Bill of the Refrigerator that is being utilised for the storage of the Surgical Equipment
- Proof of the Constitution of Firm 3
- Key Plan of the Business Premises
- Site Plan of the Business Premises
Essential Factors for Starting the Business
The Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes are categorised into four different categories that are based on the risk factors of humans, animals, and the environment. The basic guidelines issued by the US Food and Drug Administration are implemented across the world. The US Food and Drug Administration also mentions necessary Rules that are required for each specific nation individually for the purpose of issuance of applicable Licenses. The Drug Control General of India also known as the DGCI, and the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation, also known as CDSCO are authorised to the issuance of such applicable Licenses in India.
Some essential pointers are listed below in relation to the specific categories of the Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes –
- For Category 1 of the Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes, for the purpose of the trading business, some states do not necessarily require all of the above–stated licenses.
- For Category 2 of the Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes, for the purpose of selling or storing in bulk, an issuance of License is necessary in accordance with the MDR – 2017.
- For Category 3 of the Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes, issuance of all necessary Licenses is mandatory.
- For Category 4 of the Surgical Instruments utilised for Medical Purposes, issuance of all necessary Licenses is mandatory.
Procedure to Start the Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business
To start a Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business in India, one needs a medical–related degree as it is a very responsible business with high–risk factors. Along with the medical degree, the above–mentioned documents, Drug License and the Goods and Service Tax Registration, an investment for a minimum of five to ten lakhs and contacts with Pharma Companies are essential. To be successful in this industry, it is essential to build contacts in this industry with the office and staff members of hospitals, medical stores, small clinics, or people from the medical industry, along with having good marketing experience.
The following pointers are essential for the establishment of a successful Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business in India –
- Selection of the location for setting up of the shop
- Proper management of money
- Singing contracts with multiple pharma companies
- Hiring employees
- Marketing the branding of your company
Upon submission of an application under the authorisation of either the Drug Control General of India also known as the DGCI, or the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation, also known as CDSCO, and successful evaluation of the documents; the required License is granted for starting this business. The Surgical Instruments Wholesale Business is a very profitable business with a very minimal scope of facing losses in the business.
Read Our Article:A Complete Guide to Start a Medical Store Business in India