An Overview of FSSAI Registration in Karnataka
To start a food business in Karnataka, it is vital to get FSSAI Registration in Karnataka. FSSAI Basic Registration is different from the FSSAI State License or FSSAI Central License; depending on the size & nature of the business, Food Business Operators should obtain the necessary License or Registration. In 2020, FoSCos (Food Safety Compliance System) was launched by FSSAI replacing the existing Food Licensing & Registration System (FLRS). This is a cloud-based online food safety compliance platform to provide multiservice for FBOs like granted Licenses & Registration to Food Business Operators.
Importance of FSSAI Registration in Karnataka
Before starting any food business, it is essential to fulfilling the requisite compliances and standards, and registering for FSSAI License is one of them. By obtaining a food license, one must get permission to sell the goods legally and get the benefits that cannot be availed by individuals not having the FSSAI License. The smooth functioning of the food business is managed by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. The food business is very delicate, and before starting the business, a person must ensure that the food product being used is not harmful to the consumers. Therefore, strict rules and guidelines are issued to ensure complete food safety. The major importance of the FSSAI License is that it ensures that the food is verified substantially and there is no harm to the consumers. The Food business is unsafe for many allegations of food contamination and the use of low-priced ingredients. FSSAI license protects the food business from such allegations as it acts as proof of the fact that your food is safe and perfectly edible without any health consequences.
What are the Benefits of FSSAI Registration in Karnataka?
The following are the benefits of FSSAI Registration in Karnataka:
Types of FSSAI Registration
Following are the 3 different types of FSSAI Registration:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: This Registration is compulsory for petty FBOs. It is also recognized as the Basic FSSAI License. The turnover of such a business must not go beyond the limit of Rs. 12 Lakhs per annum. A petty retailer shall include a temporary stallholder, hawker, etc.
- FSSAI State License: FSSAI State License is compulsory for businesses with turnover between Rs. 12 Lakhs and Rs. 20 crores annually.
- FSSAI Central License: This License is mandatory for businesses with an annual turnover above Rs. 20 crores for Trading or Manufacturing or Storage beyond certain limits as stated by the Law.
Who Should Obtain FSSAI Registration in Karnataka?
The following individuals or entities are eligible for FSSAI Registration in Karnataka:
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration in Karnataka
Following are some vital documents required for FSSAI Registration in Karnataka:
- Documents for FSSAI Basic Registration:
- Photo ID of Food Business Operator;
- PAN Card of Food Business Operator;
- Declaration relating to the Business details in Form-A;
- Proof of Possession of business premises;
- Partnership Deed or Incorporation Certificate or Articles of Association (AoA), etc.;
- Supporting documents (if any);
- NOC through Panchayat or Municipality, Health NOC.
- Documents for FSSAI State & FSSAI Central License:
- Form-B duly completed and assigned;
- Layout plan of the processing unit (Manufacturing & processing unit only);
- List of Partners or Directors or Proprietor or Executive Members with contact details and Photo ID;
- Machinery details to be used for operations (Processing & Manufacturing Unit only);
- List of food categories towards being manufactured (Manufacturing Unit only);
- Authority Letter from the Manufacturer for the nominated individual with Authority;
- Analysis Report of water to be used in the manufacturing of food products;
- Proof of possession of buildings;
- Partnership Deed or Affidavit of Proprietorship or MOA or Incorporation Certificate;
- NOC & copy of License from the Manufacturer (for labellers & repackers only);
- FSMS plan as well as Recall Plan;
- NOCs from Municipality or Local Body;
- Certificate provided through the Ministry of Tourism (Compulsory for Hotel only).
- Additional Documents for FSSAI Central License:
- Declaration Form;
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU;
- Supporting documentary evidence for turnover;
- NOC or PA document issued through FSSAI;
- IEC document issued by DGFT.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for FSSAI Registration in Karnataka through Corpbiz
Following is the step-by-step procedure for FSSAI License in Karnataka:
- First, our experts will collect & verify the documents as mentioned above.
- Then, our experts will file the FSSAI Registration application on your behalf.
- After satisfaction, you get the FSSAI License and enjoy all the legal benefits, and goodwill & create customer awareness.
What are the Penalties for not obtaining the FSSAI Registration?
All Food business owners are required to obtain an FSSAI license according to the eligibility criteria to carry on their food business. On the other hand, Food business owners who did not obtain a food license is liable for penalty as specified below:
Our professional team will be at your service in case of any legal advice from experts on any aspect of FSSAI Registration in Karnataka. At Corpbiz, we provide you with easy-going FSSAI Registration, which would be dealt with by our professionals within a time frame, subject to governmental processing time. Also, our team provides proper assistance to its client in document arrangement for FSSAI Registration and helps in providing you with a realistic estimation of FSSAI Registration cost.