An Overview of GST Registration in Delhi
The GST concept is still new in India. Many entrepreneurs & businesses don't have a proper idea of GST Registration. GST differs as per the types of goods & services, and this is governed by the GST Council. GST is the biggest tax reform in the country that has improved the ease of doing business & also increased the taxpayer base. GST Registration in Delhi includes numerous small businesses under one uniform tax system. The introduction of GST Registration in Delhi has lessened the tax complexities, and multiple tax systems are abolished and subsumed under one single tax system under GST. We at Corpbiz provide the service of GST Registration in Delhi at an affordable process. Apart from that, our GST Experts also know new rules & regulations related to GST Registration in Delhi.
Benefits of GST Registration in Delhi
The following are the benefits of GST Registration in Delhi:
- Boost Government Taxation: By extending the tax base & strengthening taxpayer relations, GST is anticipated to boost Government taxation or revenue. GST is projected to increase GDP and will likely increase India's position in the ease of doing business.
- Standardised Tax System: The taxation system will be supported more effectively by a standard method for Tax Return Filing, Taxpayer Registration, Common Tax Bases, and a standard method for delivering Goods & Services, together with a time table for each action.
- Reduces Cascading Effect: By implementing a comprehensive Input Tax Credit Scheme throughout the whole supply chain, the GST will lessen the cascading of taxes. Operations inside an Organisation or Corporation can be streamlined.
- Composition Scheme for Small Businesses: Under GST, a small business with a turnover of Rs. 20 Lakhs to Rs. 75 Lakhs can benefit as it gives the option to lower taxes by utilising the Composition Scheme. This move has brought down the tax & compliance burden on many small businesses.
When is GST Registration required in Delhi?
- Interstate Business: If the Company or Organisation involves itself in supplying products between 2 different states, it is compulsory to file for GST Registration in Delhi.
- Casual Taxable Person: Anyone who involves in the seasonal supply of goods or services via a transient stand or store must register for GST in Delhi.
- E-Commerce Platform: If a person or an organisation conducts business via e-commerce platforms, GST Registration is a must. Irrespective of the yearly revenue generator from the business, GST Registration in Delhi must be completed by E-Commerce owners. In fact, you cannot open an online store without entering the GST Registration information.
- Voluntary Registration: Organisations or individuals can voluntarily register themselves under the GST Scheme. With the latest updates, an applicant can cancel their Voluntary GST Registration at any instance.
- Total Yearly Income: According to the Rules & Regulations, the service providers must register under the GST Council if they surpass the yearly turnover of Rs. 20Lakhs. Also, any type of Organisation involved in the business of supplying goods should surpass Rs. 40 lakhs should register for GST in Delhi.
Who can apply for GST Registration in Delhi?
The following group of individuals must register for GST on a mandatory basis:
- Casual taxable person;
- Non-resident taxpaying entities;
- Distribution services for input;
- State-to-State Vendors;
- Individuals subject to the reverse charge basis;
- Individuals making a sale on another person's behalf, either as a dealer or an agent;
- Each & every e-commerce company;
- Those who must withhold TCS under GST;
- Suppliers who sell their products or items via e-commerce companies are required to withhold tax at the PoS (Point of Sale);
- Any business or Company involved in the supply of goods or products whose turnover in a Financial Year (F.Y) exceeds Rs. 40 lakhs for States in the Normal Category who have opted for the new threshold (Rs. 20 lakhs for Special Category States & those in States which haven’t opted for the new threshold for, eg., Telangana);
- Any business involved in the rendering of services whose turnover in a Financial Year surpasses Rs. 20 lakhs in Normal Category in Normal Category States (Rs. 10 lakhs for Special Category);
- Agents of a Supplier.
Documents Required for GST Registration in Delhi
Following are some basic documents required for GST Registration in Delhi:
- Aadhar Card;
- PAN Card;
- Latest coloured photographs of persons in charge;
- Business address proof;
- Proof of Business Registration;
- Bank account statements.
For Partnership Firm or LLP: Documents required for Partnership or LLP are as follows:-
For Company- Vital Documents required for Company are as follows:-
Note-The Authorised Signatory must Be an Indian even in case Of Foreign Companies or Branch Registration.
For HUF: Documents required for HUF are as follows:-
Procedure for GST Registration in Delhi
Following is the step-by-step procedure for GST Registration in Delhi:
- First, you need to provide all the required business details to our experts.
- Then your application will be assigned to one of our dedicated GST Experts.
- Then our experts shall carefully examine the accuracy & correctness of the documents and file GST Application Form.
- Our professionals shall make regular follow up with the Government department for processing of Online GST Application.
- On obtaining GSTIN, we will provide GST Registration Certificate along with several e-Guides on GST & GST invoicing Software.