Overview of PSARA license in Delhi
PSARA Act, 2005 was enacted to formalize the unorganized private security sector in India. The Act seeks to regulate the security sector through various regulations and norms. The existing norms under the Act mandate every private security agency to obtain the PSARA license. One has to fulfil various requirements under the Act to qualify for a PSARA license in Delhi.
PSARA Act, 2005 Objectives and Governing Areas
PSARA Act, 2005 governs the following areas in the status quo;
- Licensing procedure
- Training of guards
- Code of conduct for appointed guards
- Operational norms for PSAs
- Appointment of supervisor
PSARA license in Delhi: Eligibility Norms
PSARA license in Delhi is available to the entities registered under the following business structures;
- Sole Proprietorship
- Private Limited Company falling under Companies Act, 2013
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) falling under LLP Act, 2008
- Partnership Firms falling under the Partnership Act, 1932
- One Person Company (i.e. OPC) falling under the Companies Act, 2013
PSARA Act, 2005 sets forth the following conditions for licensee seekers in Delhi;
- Non-Indians cannot apply for this license
- License seekers must have adequate finances to handle the operating costs of PSAs.
- The applicant should be free from any criminal charges.
PSARA License in Delhi
Fundamental Paperworks for PSARA license
- Address proof pertaining to the registered office
- PAN Card of the applicant's firm
- Certificate relating to the GST registration
- Shops & Establishment license
- Provident fund registration letter
- IT returns of the firm's directors
- ESI registration letter
- Certificate of Company's Incorporation
- Contractual Labour Act registration letter
PSARA license in Delhi: Registration Process
License seekers looking to obtain a PSARA license in Delhi should follow the given process:
Step 1: Arrange Necessary Paperwork
PSARA Act, 2005 specifies applicants to arrange documentation as mentioned above. During online filling, these documents need to be uploaded in a standard format.
Step 2: Sign MOU with training institute (Government-certified)
A memorandum of Understanding is primarily referred to as a viable instrument that sets forth the obligations of the party concerned. In the context of the PSARA license, License seekers are required to sign an MOU with the government-certified institution as it is a vital requirement for running a PSA in India.
Step 3: Police Verification
In this step, the Police vetting shall come to effect. To initiate police inspection, the license seeker is required to apply via Form-I. If the applicant represents the company or AOPs, every director/partner should file a separate form. The vetting shall be done via online mode.
Step 4: Filling of PSARA Application
In this step, the applicant is required to apply the prescribed form attested with an affidavit reflecting the following;
- Detail pertaining to the norms cited in section 6
- Detail relating to the availability of the training and appointment of the supervisor
- Fulfilment of norms under Section 11
- Cases pending in the court, if any
Upon application filing, the authority shall initiate the vetting process soon after getting Police NOC.
Post-vetting process, the authority may or may not confer the PSARA license to the applicant. Either way, the applicant shall be intimated via registered contact about the authority's decision to grant the license.
Validity and Renewal norms under PSARA Act
Once granted, the PSARA license shall stay valid for five years. However, this condition is only applicable to states other than MP, Uttrakhand, and Chhattisgarh, where validity remains valid for one year. Renewal of the PSARA license can be easily done within ninety days from the expiration date.
PSARA license in Delhi: Post-Registration Conditions
Private Security Agencies Regulation Act (PSARA), 2005 has set forth the given conditions for the license holders in Delhi
- A private security agency (PSA) functioning in the Delhi region should appoint a supervisor to administer guards.
- The prescribed training protocols under the Act should be followed by every PSA for training appointed guards.
- While serving appointment procedure, the PSA should give prime consideration to candidates from defence backgrounds who have served three years of service tenure.
- There should be an arrangement for a standard uniform code for appointed guards within the agency.
Training conditions to be fulfilled by the license holders
The Controlling Authority shall be liable for underpinning proper training modules for the overall development of the appointed guards.
The prevailing Act underpins the following training modules for the appointed guards;
- 200 hours of classroom instructions
- 60 hours of field training
Every PSA is obligated to complete this training schedule within twenty days time span.
However, the Act pens down the different training protocols for ex-servicemen and former police personnel. The said Act states that said personal should undergo;
- 40 hours of classroom instructions
- 16 hours of field training
This Act mandates PSAs to complete the said training schedule within seven working days.
Recommended training module under the PSARA Act, 2005
- Fire fighting
- Household Security, Physical security, assets security, etc.
- Knowledge about English alphabets & Arabic numerals
- Crowd control
- Examination of an individual's credentials relating to the identity
- Physical Fitness training
- Explosives identification
- Handling and operating firearms (optional)
Avail Corpbiz's Expertise to stay atop the licensing formalities
There is a considerable difference between comprehending the license legalities and actually addressing them. Applicants often make mistakes during the filing phase that eventually leads to the cancellation of the application. If you want to stay atop such nuisances, feel free to avail Corpbiz's services.
We have years of experience in the licensing regime and know to handle pre-and post-registration legalities easily. We enable our clients to effectively comply with the underlying conditions to ensure a seamless license grant.