Overview on Online FSSAI Registration in Delhi
We strongly believe that a healthy Outside starts from the healthy inside! Do you feel the same? Then what are you waiting for? Get an FSSAI license for your food business to ensure the safety of food products and the confidence of the customer. Just Scroll down and get our Premium offers to get your FSSAI Registration done in Delhi. We all know, Delhi is the hub of the largest and rapid-growing retail sector has enormous small business opportunities for those who want to start their own business including small investments in Food businesses. FSSAI food license in Delhi is crucial for ensuring smooth operations.
The city has multiple small business ideas and one of them is the Food Business. What you need to do is to get the FSSAI registration taking into consideration the annual turnover of the business and other such elements. Before starting the Food business in Delhi, it is equally essential to decide the location and concept of the food business and the investment to fund the business. FSSAI License is an actual necessity for all the Food business owners in Delhi.
Like other cities, every food business owner in Delhi such as, the producers, manufacturers, caterers associated with the food sector needs to obtain a 14-digit license number that must be printed on Food Packages. FSSAI registration ensures that the food products experience unquestionable quality checks, that help to reduce food contamination and to serve the quality food products to the customers. Food license improves the business standards in fabricating Food hygienically and cleanly. The process of FSSAI registration is a completely online process, and there are significant details to be taken care of, a bit lengthy process to go through which ultimately ends up looking for an expert opinion.
Concept of Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
Before starting any type of food business, be it food processing, food manufacturing, packaging, or distribution, a person must opt for the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI License). It is one of the most important and crucial compliance that a person is required to obtain before starting any type of food business. FSSAI license is issued by the respective food authority of India (FSSAI) regulated by the FSS Act, 2006.
All the businessperson involved in the food business must register for a Food license and obtain a 14-digit Food license number. Food business owners shall carry on the food business by registering themselves with food authority. Based on Annual Turnover, a Food Business owner has to either apply for simple Basic registration in FORM A with FSSAI or apply for a State or Central License given by FSSAI in FORM B. It is the mandatory compliance to ensure the safety of food products. All the Food business owners must obtain an FSSAI Registration/License. It helps the business owner in ensuring that the food prepared is safe and hygienic to consume.
FSSAI Registration in Delhi
Who is Required to obtain the FSSAI Registration in Delhi?
As per the rules and regulation of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006, the Below-mentioned person or organizations are required to obtain FSSAI Registration or License in Delhi. Those are as follows:-
Importance of FSSAI License in Delhi
Before starting any food business, it is essential to fulfill the requisite compliances and standard, and registering for FSSAI License is one of them. By obtaining a food license one must get permission to sell the goods legally and get the benefits that cannot be availed by the individuals not having the FSSAI License. The smooth functioning of the food business is managed by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. The Food business is a very delicate, and before starting the business a person must ensure that the food product being used is not harmful to the consumers. Therefore, strict rules and guidelines are issued to ensure complete food safety.
The major importance of the FSSAI License is that it ensures that the food is verified substantially and there is no harm to the consumers. The Food business is unsafe for many allegations of food contamination and the use of low-priced ingredients. FSSAI license protects the food business from such allegations as it acts as proof of the fact that your food is safe and is perfectly edible without any health consequences.
FSSAI license is obtained only after verification. This verification is done at a chemical level and checks every ingredient the entity has used while preparing the food license. The verification may lead to identifying any deficiencies or possible advancements in the food product.
What are the Benefits of obtaining the FSSAI Registration in Delhi
The benefits come out of FSSAI Registration in Delhi are as follows:-
- Creates Public awareness.
- Build Confidence and goodwill among the customers.
- Facilitates food safety and certifies the quality of the food processing business.
- The research and development sector are responsible to maintain safety.
- FSSAI’s new recommendations are compatible with the international organization that helps in enhancing the food security level.
- FSSAI Registration acts as evidence proof studies for drafting policies.
- It facilitates a huge chance of business expansion.
Every FSSAI Registration contains a state code and registration. Also, the packaged food must have a label containing the LOGO of FSSAI number and the license number.
What are the Disadvantages of not having the FSSAI Registration in Delhi?
- A Food Business Operator working without an FSSAI license can prove to be costlier in the further stage of business operations.
- Also, the production and distribution of food products without the FSSAI registration will incur a severe penalty and may cause risk to the reputation of the business.
- It also propounds lesser customer’s faith to your business in the market.
- It will also showcase your ignorance of food safety standards which are guided by the Government. Therefore, you must adhere to all the rules and regulations propounded by the Government of India.
What are the Types of FSSAI Registration in Delhi?
Basic FSSAI Registration is issued to the food business owner if the annual turnover of the business is below 12 lakhs. Basic Registration is essential for all small business operators. It shall get registered with Basic License Form A.
For Example- Small Manufacturers, hawkers, and small food businesses with an annual turnover of less than 12 lakhs and production capacity not exceeding 100 kgs/liters per day.
FSSAI State License is mandatory for those food business operators whose annual turnover of the business is between 12 lakhs to 20 crores. State License gets registered with State License Form B. The license is issued by the State Authorities of a Respective State and is often issued to medium-size businesses (Hotels and Restaurant).
Central FSSAI License is issued to the food business operators whose annual turnover of the business is above 20 crores. It shall get registered with Central License Form B and is often issued to the Large Size Business operators.
Note: - In case the Food Business operator has food businesses in multiple locations, he has to apply for several food licenses and these licenses are issued for every place where the food business is getting handled. Additionally, the owner is required to obtain a central license for the registered office address along with a separate license for every location depending on the turnover.
The Documents Required for FSSAI Registration in Delhi
1. For Basic FSSAI License in Delhi
- Identity Proof of the Applicant.
- Address Proof of the Applicant.
- Supporting documents of the place of business (Rent agreement, NOC, Electricity Bill, etc.)
2. For State and Central License in Delhi
- ID and Address Proof of the list of Directors of the company, Partners of the firm, or Executive Members of the Trust.
- Details of the food category the business proposes to manufacture.
- Proof of place of business.
- Requisite certification and food safety management.
- Layout Plan and Blueprint of unit
- Form IX (Central License)
- In case the applicant is the Company (COI, MOA, and AOA) is required.
- Import/Export Code.
- NOC from the local municipal authority.
- In the case of the Manufacturing sector apart from the above-mentioned documents, additional details are also required like -Equipment and machinery used in the premises and Report of water test.
- In the case of Central License, Certification from the Ministry of Tourism, and Ministry of Commerce for 100% EOU is also required.
The following steps are required for FSSAI Registration in Delhi
Step-1 Identifying the Eligibility Criteria
Before registering for a food license, an applicant must identify the eligibility criteria, and for the same what is required to be done is by simply log in to the FSSAI website http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in for FSSAI Registration. The applicant can opt for any of the three licenses based on the turnover or eligibility of the applicant.
- Basic Registration
- State Registration
- Central Registration
After clicking the type of license an applicant wants, he will be required to fill in all the details asked in the respective form.
Step 2- Filing Online Application
An applicant is required to file an online application which will lead an applicant to a declaration or undertaking forms. An applicant is required to read the declaration form and if he agrees to the content of the declaration, then he/she will click on the ‘I Agree’ option and click on ‘Proceed’. After that, three options will appear- ‘Central’, ‘State’, and ‘Basic’ Registration. An applicant shall select the suitable option as per the eligibility and business dealings to procure a license.
Step 3- Submission of Documents
An applicant needs to apply (Form A or Form B) along with the requisite documents to the “Regional Authority of FSSAI”.Note-This application can be accepted or rejected by the Department within 7 days from the date of applying and the fact has to be disclosed to the applicant in writing.
If the application is submitted approved by the department, it will issue an FSSAI registration certificate mentioning the registration number and the photo of the applicant. However, if the application contains any mistake or error, an applicant will get an opportunity to rectify the errors within 30 days. Otherwise, the application will be treated as “rejected”.
What are the Penalties for Not obtaining the FSSAI Registration?
All Food business owners are required to obtain an FSSAI license according the eligibility criteria to carry on their food business. On the other hand, Food business owners did not obtain a food license is liable for penalty as specified below:
- The quality of food is not as per the FSS Standard: Rs. 2 Lakhs, Rs. 25 thousand for petty manufacturers
- Falsely labeled food items: Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Low-quality food products: Rs. 3 Lakhs
- Misleading or false advertisement Rs. 10 Lakhs
- Irrelevant matters in the food item: Rs. 1 Lakh
- Unable to comply with the food safety offer's directions: Rs. 2 Lakhs
- Using unhealthy ways of processing or manufacturing food products: Rs. 1 Lakh
Our professional team will be at your service in case of any legal advice from experts on any aspect of FSSAI Registration in Delhi. At CorpBiz we provide you easy-going FSSAI Registration which would be dealt with by our professionals within a time frame, subject to governmental processing time. Also, our team provides proper assistance to its client in document arrangement for FSSAI registration and helps in providing you a realistic estimation of FSSAI registration cost.
Adding to that, our clients can also track at all times the work status and its progress. If you have any queries regarding the FSSAI Registration process, our experienced representatives are just a phone call away. CorpBiz will ensure that your communication with professionals is charming and seamless.
For more information Click Here.