An Overview of Fire NOC Punjab
Fire NOC or License confirms that a building in which a business is carried out is in conformance with the fire safety codes and all necessary fire & safety precautions are made. Usually, the respective State Fire Service Department issue the Fire NOC for which the applicant should meet the instructions prescribed by the Fire Department. In Punjab, a Fire NOC certificate is a document mandatorily required to get building plan approval from the Local Municipal Authority in Punjab. Residents of Punjab can obtain Fire NOC Punjab from the Fire Service Department in Punjab.
The applicant should obtain Fire NOC (No Objection Certificate) to apply for the Fire License. In Punjab, the Fore Officer issues the Fire NOC Punjab and the applicant should follow the provisions of fire safety measures contained in the National Building Court Rules. The premise owner is accountable for applying for Fire License and must comply with all the guidelines before approaching the Fire Officer for the same.
What is Punjab Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Act, 2004?
Punjab Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Act, 2004 incorporates provisions for effective fire prevention and fire safety measures in buildings & premises of the Punjab State. On completion of the building construction, it is compulsory to get a No Objection Certificate. The issued NOC is valid for one year and renewal of the Certificate must be done before the expiry of the Fire NOC.
Different Types of NOCs issued by the Fire Department
Basically, there are two types of NOCs issued by the Fire Department and you can check the same below:
- Provisional Certificate: Once the Inspector completes the verification of fire safety measures. The Fire Department will issue a Provisional Certificate. This Certificate acts as a Fire Safety Certificate temporarily issued by the Department, subject to the compliance made by the owner as per the suggestions given by the Department.
- Final NOC: Once the inspection is successfully completed, the authority will again test & certify that the owner is following all the recommendations and all the installations are functioning in a suitable condition. Then the Fire Department will issue a Final NOC, which will be valid for 1 year starting from the issuance date.
Benefits of Obtaining Fire NOC Punjab
Following are some benefits of obtaining Fire NOC Punjab:
- Fire NOC ensures that safety precautions are in place to protect the people on the premise against any risk.
- Fire NOC is compulsory for applying for a Trade License in Punjab.
- Fire NOC Punjab is one of the vital requirements the Fire Department suggests for carrying out any business activities or any trade-in Punjab.
Who can apply for Fire NOC Punjab?
Any person or individual who wants to construct high-rise or multistore buildings that are more than 15 m in height for commercial or business purposes are required to get Fire NOC Punjab from the Fire Department in Punjab. Public buildings or structures like hospitals and religious places with more than 500 square meters plot area or above 6 meters of height should also apply for Fire NOC Punjab.
Checklist for Obtaining Fire NOC Punjab from the Fire Department
- Pre-Application Checklist:
- Recommendations & suggestions issued by the Fire Department must be followed.
- Site inspection by the concerned authority.
- Particulars regarding business nature, business premise, and other details required.
- The building plan showing the firefighting system shall be attached with an application.
- Post-Application Checklist:
- Re-inspection of the site or premise once the applicant is making the compliance.
- Department approval.
Documents Required for Fire NOC Punjab
Following are some vital documents required for obtaining Fire NOC Punjab:
- A Layout copy of the Building Plan issued by the authority, including Layout Plant, Site Plan, Analysis Report, etc.;
- PAN and Aadhar Card of the applicant;
- Building Stability Certificate;
- Electric wiring quality and completion certificate from a recognised authority;
- Photographs of the premises;
- A certification by the Architect.
Procedure for Obtaining Fire NOC Punjab
Following is the step by step procedure to obtain Fire NOC Punjab:
Step 1: Filing the application: To obtain a Fire Clearance Certificate, the applicant can apply online at the official website of the Punjab Fire Department.
Step 2: Submission of Documents: After filing the application for Fire NOC Punjab, the applicant must submit all the vital documents along with the application.
Step 3: Forwarding the Application to Concerned Inspector: Once the application is submitted to the Chief Fire Officer, then the Officer shall forward the application to the Inspector.
Step 4: Issuance of Certificate: After inspection, if the Inspector of the fire brigade of Punjab finds that the building or premise is following all the guidelines and is fully satisfied with the safety measures facilitated in a building, shall issue the Fire NOC Punjab Certificate.
Note: Once the NOC is issued, it will remain valid for:
- For Commercial: 3 years.
- For Residential: 5 years.
Renewal of Fire NOC Punjab
Corpbiz is one platform that coordinates to fulfil all your legal & financial requirements and connects you to consistent experts. Our clients can also track their progress on our platform. If you have any queries regarding Fire NOC Punjab, please contact us.