An Overview of Copyright Registration in Nagpur
The largest city of Central India, in the state of Maharashtra, is Nagpur. As the gateway to numerous Tiger Reserves in India, Nagpur is also known as the “Tiger Capital of India”.
In India, copyright registration is governed by the Copyright Act 1957 and is administered by the Copyright Office. Copyright registration in Nagpur gives the absolute right to the owner of intellectual property to protect the owner’s work from any unauthorized replication.
Documents required for Copyright Registration in Nagpur
To register for copyright in Nagpur, you need to provide the following documents:
- You will need to provide proof of ownership for the work being registered either in the form of an assignment deed, a publishing agreement, or any other legal document.
- You will need to provide a self-attested copy of government-issued identity proof, such as a Passport or Aadhaar card and address proof, such as a ration card, utility bill, or rental agreement.
- If you are filing the application through an agent, you will need to provide a Power of Attorney authorizing the agent to file the application on your behalf.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for Registering a Copyright in Nagpur
The procedure for Copyright Registration in Nagpur are as follows:
- Fill out the copyright registration application form (FORM IV) in Nagpur, which is available on the Copyright Office website, along with a copy of the work to be registered either in the form of a manuscript, a CD, or any other format that the work is in.
- Submit the completed application form along with the requisite fee, either online or in person.
- Once the application and fee are received, the Copyright Office will examine the application to ensure that it meets all the necessary requirements.
- If the application is in order, the Copyright Office will issue a diary number to the applicant.
- The application will then be examined in detail, and if no objections are raised, the copyright registration will be granted and a Registration Certificate will be issued.
The time taken for the copyright registration process can vary, but it typically takes a few months to complete.