The initiation of FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India will serve all the food business operators with FSSAI licenses and registration along with regulatory compliances. In a statement released on 30th May 2020, FSSAI said that it is on the way to launch its cloud-based, food safety compliance platform to issue licenses and registration to food businesses on an online platform acknowledged as Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS). Till now, the online licensing platform of FSSAI – FLRS (expanded as Food Licensing and Registration System) has issued 70 lakh FSSAI licenses and registrations. Near about 35 lakhs registrants or licensees are still actively carrying out their transactions.
- Since 2011, the charge of food business licensing and registration lies in the hand of the online scaffold of licensing FLRS.
- FSSAI is springing its cloud-based, enhanced new online platform for food safety compliance. This unique online platform has got the name of FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India (Food Safety Compliance System, URL for which (new portal) is- https://foscos.fssai.gov.in.
- It is all set to replace the existing Food Licensing and Registration System, URL for which(old portal) is- https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in.
- As of now, the integration of FoSCoS has taken place with FoSCoRIS mobile app. In the future course of time, it would get integrated with IT platforms like FICS, INFOLNet, FPVIS, ETC. At the initial level, FoSCoS would offer FSSAI licenses, registration, and inspection along with annual return modules.
- In the future, the FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India would get integrated with government platforms like GST, MCA, PAN, and more in order to ensure thorough reporting as well as affirmation of businesses.
- FoSCoS is a unified regulatory platform that ensures food businesses that there won’t be having any frauds related to food business due to the integration of the PAN India response system and advanced layers of security.
FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India: More Information as per FSSAI
As per the statement released by FSSAI with regard to FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India on 30th May 2020, FSSAI is aiming to provide one-stop solutions for maintaining coordination between the food business operators and the department for any regulatory compliance activity.
- The flowing methodology of FoSCoS will be just like FLRS, so that users don’t have to face any difficulty in switching from FLRS to FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India.
- The provisions related to licensing for manufacturers will be on the basis of the standardized product list.
- Restrictions on all types of errors, as well as quick access to licenses, are on the cards with the applicability of this system from the 1st of June, 2020.
- Users of the States/UTs of Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Goa, Puducherry, Manipur, Ladakh, Chandigarh, and Delhi must visit https: //foscos.fssai.gov.in. They can log in by using same ID and password.
FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India: Eligible Units that can apply for License
The eligible units than can apply for a license are as follows-
Mandatory Steps to Follow While Migrating From FLRS to FoSCoS
FLRS users must follow the necessary steps given below after the FoSCoS (Food Safety Compliance System) get launched in their State/UT-
* User IDs and passwords were in the FLRS, they would proceed to be the same in FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India.
Read our article:FSSAI License for Transporters in India: An Elaborative Overview
Valid FSSAI Licensed Food Businesses- Businesses of Manufacturing Type
- They should tour the Food Safety Compliance System after getting launched into the respective state.
- After that, they must continue with the verification of details concerning registration certificates/existing licenses on launched Food Safety Compliance System. These details include Registration/License Number and Business Type Enrolled along with its validity, Name of the food business, and its address, etc.
- Take a look at the standardized list of products appearing in FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India and from the list, select the products that are under manufacturing, and modify the licenses without cost as soon as possible. In FoSCoS, product selection based methodology got embraced for serving the food businesses with relief at the time of selecting standardized food products.
- Existing FLRS would continue to be functional for the purpose of viewing, i.e., no transactions would get allowed till further declaration made by FSSAI so that registered/licensed food businesses can look for the details concerning existing licenses/registration in the Food Licensing and Registration System.
- If there would be any inappropriateness in license/registration details, take such issues in front of FSSAI.
Valid FSSAI Licensed Food Businesses (Businesses of Non-Manufacturing Type) or Registered Food Businesses (For all Types)
- These businesses must land into the FoSCoS for FSSAI license in India after getting initiated in their respective state.
- They must proceed ahead with the verification of details with regard to their existing licenses or certificates for registration on launched FoSCoS. Here, the details incorporate Name and Address of the Food Business, Business Type Enrolled along with its Validity, License/Registration No.
- Till the time FSSAI made some further announcements, the existing Food Licensing and Registration System will continue to remain operative for the purpose of viewing without any facility of carrying out transactions. It’s favor on the registered or licensed food business to let them observe the details concerning existing registration/license in the FLRS.
- Bring such issues into the FSSAI notice in case of any inappropriateness in the license/registration details.
Live Applications for Non-Manufacturing License & Registration Applications for New/License Modification/License Renewal/Registration
- Applications at the processing stage on which license or registration has not been provided till now would get shifted to Authorities beginning processing stage.
- Stage 2 is all about Document Scrutinization in the matter of CLA.
- Stage 1 is all about Fee Receipt as well as Jurisdiction Check Confirmation in the matter of state DO.
- The application would get transported to the Generate Registration Stage in the Registration case.
- Authorities have received suggestions to minimize their pendency in Food Licensing and Registration System (ideally to zero) in order to eliminate the re-processing of applications in FoSCoS.
Live Applications for Manufacturing License for New or Modification of License
Application at the different processing stages on which no license or registration has been granted until now would shift to the Reverted application bin of FBOs. A food business must choose the product from the standardized products list, which is available and move ahead with resubmitting the application for further process.
Documents Needed for the Application of Basic License
- One Photo
- ID Proof (Driving License, PAN Card, Voter ID card, and Aadhaar Card)
- Form A (Completed & Marked Properly)
Mandatory Documents for the Application of State & Central License
- Form B (Properly Finished & Marked)
- Preparing Unit Plan
- Name & Rundown of Gear and Apparatus
- Food Class Rundown
- Letter of Authority from Producer
- Rundown of Partners/Directors/Proprietor along with personal ID and address
- Report of Investigation of Water to get employed in the compressing process
- Review Plan
- Structure IX
- IE Code Archive (By DGFT)
- NOC/PA Archive (By FSSAI)
- Fountainhead of Crude Material for Milk and Meat
- Commerce Certificate Service for 100% EOU
- Ministry of Tourism Endorsement
- Premises Ownership Verification
- Ownership Oath
- NOC along with Duplicate of License from Maker’s end
- NOC from District or Other nearest Body
- Verification Report of Turnover as well as Transportation
FSSAI License Fees
- Basic Registration- Fees of Rs 100 for one year
- FSSAI State License– In the range of 2000-5000 for one year
- Central FSSAI License– Fees of Rs 7500 for one year
FSSAI has brought a revolutionary change by introducing FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India as a replacement for FLRS system as it won’t be leaving rooms for fraudulent activities to take place in food businesses. From the 1st of June, 2020, FoSCoS would come into effect in the States/UTs of Goa, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Gujarat, Puducherry, Manipur, Ladakh, Chandigarh, and Delhi. If you want to get answers of all your questions related to FoSCoS for FSSAI License in India and its implementation part, the experts at Corpbiz will guide you in the best possible ways.
Read our article:Procedure for Getting Online FSSAI Central License in India