The quality of the food items in India has been improved incredibly ever since the FSSAI rules entered the food sector. The primary role of the FSSAI food license is to regulate food safety and standards in India. Every Food business operator in this country is mandated to follows FSSAI’s rules or else they have to face legal repercussions. Availing an FSSAI license may sound like a tedious compulsion at first, but, in reality, it isn’t. One can obtain this license from the FSSAI’s official portal via a web-based form. This write-up will reveal the top 5 benefits of having a food license in India.
A Closer Look at Top 5 benefits of having a food License in India
Here is the top of the line benefits that one can avail of after obtaining the food license in India.
Create Consumer awareness
FSSAI is a premier legal institution that underpins a long list of compliances and norms for the FBOs operating pan India. Apart from regulating the FBOs, the FSSAI food license also administers the way these FBOs look after their operations. In the pre-digitization era, people have no legit medium to determine food quality. All they have to rely on their conscience while picking up the foods from the shelves. But after the advent of FSSAI norms, things have changed. Now people have become well versed in food standards and norms which enable them to buy safer products with ease.
Credibility and profitability do go hand in hand. But earning credibility is a different ball game altogether. One has to steak around with unprecedented assurance of providing a quality product to the customer for as long as possible, no matter what the condition is. That‘s the price businesses have to pay to build a good repo in the market. Having a food license not only improves your trustworthiness but also helps in luring more customers, thereby ensuring the improved profitability. At present, most of the food businesses in India operate without any legality. Businesses can capitalize on this opportunity and built a distinctive identity for themselves by registering under the FSSAI law.
Ensure minimal Legal hassles
In India, operating a food business is a cumbersome undertaking considering the list of compliances one has to follow. Having a food license can help overcome such adversities by providing proper framework for operation. Holding this license also ensures that your business remains isolated from unnecessary legal checks that are inherently time-consuming.
Open the Door for expansion
The unshakable commitment to abide by FSSAI’s rules can help businesses to grow beyond their existing capabilities. Since the FSSAI food license can act as a booster for growth, it could empower businesses to garner a wider customer base. Thus, having a Food license is a must-have requirement for those seeking substantial growth and expansion in the future.
India is a centre-stage of FDI owing to its flourishing economy and GDP. In the last few years, Indian companies have managed to procure massive investments from abroad to improve their existing capabilities. But procuring funds from foreign investors could be difficult since such investors largely prefer those companies that are willing to comply with basic legalities to the fullest. Businesses that ensure 100% conformity with underlying compliances are more likely to be preferred by overseas investors. It’s needless to mention the FBOs with FSSAI food licence can expect the same.
You can avail of all these benefits provided you comply with FSSAI’s norms and the factors mentioned below
Read our article:Renew FSSAI License – When and How to Do it!
Key Factors that every FBO must remember
- FSSAI license is a legal compulsion for every entity involved in the supply chain of food. This will include producers, transporters, distributors, wholesalers, and retailers.
- FSSAI online portal is a legitimate way of obtaining a food license, though the applicant can visit reputed third-party firms like CorpBiz to serve the same purpose.
- The FSSAI license is available to FBOs under three different heads, as shown below
- The issuance of these licenses depends on the Annual turnover and scope of operation of the applicant.
- The registration fees charged by the FSSAI’s portal ranges from Rs 100 to Rs 7500, based on the type of registration opted by the applicant.
- FSSAI typically issues provisions and guidelines for the food business operators in view of the FSS Act, 2006.
- Adulteration of popular food items is prominent in India, but it is an offense as per FSS Act, 2006. Any engagement with such activities could lead the defaulter in the vicinity of penalties.
- The validity of the FSSAI food license ranges from 1 to 5 years. This license must be renewed before 30 days from the expiration date. Failing to this will lure penalties on day to day basis.
Businesses that endeavor to excel without legalities may succeed initially but cannot reap long-term success. Entrepreneurs who intend to grow their business beyond existing capabilities can’t afford to skip legalities. Even though having a food license is an upfront legal requirement for the FBOs, it can lead to success both in terms of building reputation and instilling trustworthiness.
At times, licensing process becomes the hair-pulling task for the applicant. Although this is a rarity, it’s better to back yourselves with expertise that can get the job done on your behalf. CorpBiz has remained a one-stop avenue for start-ups and entrepreneurs for years. Till now, this platform has served thousands of clients in Pan India seeking top assistance for licensing-related matters.
Read our article:How to Get FSSAI License in India: Full Guide