An Overview of Copyright Registration in Assam
Assam is situated in the north-eastern part of the country. It is the first state in Asia for oil drilling site. With its home to one-horned Indian rhinoceros and many other wildlife and best known for its tea and silk, Assam is one of the main tourist spots of the country.
In India, copyright registration is governed and administered by the Copyright Act, 1957. Copyright registration in Assam gives the absolute right of ownership and advantage to the author’s work from any unauthorized duplication, which lasts for 60 years.
Documents required for Copyright Registration in Assam
To register a copyright in Assam, you need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of ownership for the work being registered either in the form of an assignment deed, a publishing agreement, or any other legal document.
- Name, address and citizenship of the applicant
- Self-attested copy of government-issued identity proof of the applicant
- In case the applicant and the publisher are two different individuals, NOC to be provided.
- If an application is filed through an agent, a Power of Attorney will be required authorizing the agent to file the application on your behalf.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for Registering a Copyright in Assam
The procedure for Copyright Registration in Assam are as follows:
The time taken for the copyright registration process can vary, but it typically takes a few months to complete.