An Overview of Trade License Assam
If you are planning to commence a business in Assam or any trade activity under a certain municipal area or semi-urban area, then you need to have a Trade License Assam. The Trade License Assam is issued to ensure that the citizens of a specific area are not affected anyway due to the nuisance & health hazard of the improper carrying of trade in that area. Therefore, it is vital to have Trade License in Assam where you are going to commence your new business activity. In the case of semi-urban and rural areas in Assam, which are not included under municipal area, then you must apply for Trade License Assam from the respective gram panchayat.
What is a Trade License?
It's a certificate granted by the Local Gram Panchayat or the Municipal Corporation for commencing a new business or trade. The primary objective of this License is to ensure that a specific trade or business is being carried out as per the proper guidelines of the Government. It is mandatory to have this License before commencing a new business such as exchange, manufacturing, or storage of any activity or commodity. However, Trade License differs from one state to another state.
In Assam, the Act which governs the Trade License is Assam Shops & Establishment Act, 1971. So anyone seeking for Trade License in Assam must have to apply under this Act.
Why is Trade License Necessary in Assam?
- This License helps in ensuring that no one is severally affected by the health hazards of any business or trade.
- The Government has made it compulsory to start any business or trade in a particular location or area and ensure that no one is carrying out any unethical business practices.
- Trade License creates a harmony in society that every business strictly follows the rules and guidelines and fulfils safety measures. This License was made compulsory to ensure that the Government could regulate different trade activities in the country.
- The main objective of issuing a Trade License is to control the locations by restricting the people from executing some types of businesses from their home location to maintain the business environment & locality environment.
Who grants a Trade License Assam?
Trade License in Assam is granted by the Licensing Department of the Municipal Corporation in Assam. The Government authorises the License in a manner to operate in cities across the state. It grants permission by way of documents or certificates, or letters to run any business or trade where it is located.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying Trade License Assam
The Government of Assam has set some guidelines which are compulsory for those who want to get Trade License in Assam. Here are some eligibility criteria for a Trade License:
- The applicant or the business owner, or the trader should have completed at least 18 years of age;
- The applicant or business owner must not hold any criminal cases or record against him or her;
- The business which is going to be commenced by the applicant should be legally allowed.
Documents Required for Trade License in Assam
Following are some essential documents required for Trade License Assam:
- Identity proof of the applicant such as Voter Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.;
- Address proof of the applicant or the business owner, such as the latest utility bills (electricity bill, water bill, phone bill, etc.,);
- Latest passport size photos of the owner or the applicant. In the case of a Joint Owner, a joint photo is required;
- Registration Certificates for Firms or Societies or Companies;
- Up-to-date Property Tax Receipt (Industrial or Commercial or Business);
- No Objection Certificate issued by the nearby property owners;
- A certified layout plan from the trade building showing the business.
Procedure for Obtaining Trade License Assam
Following is the procedure to obtain Trade License Assam:
- First, the applicant needs to file an application in the Municipal Corporation in Assam.
- Then, you need to register all of your details, such as name, email id, mobile number, etc.; once the details are registered, then the system generates the user id and password.
- Once your login id and password are created, then you can file the application form, and you need to fill in all the information.
- After filing the application form, arrange all the documents in the prescribed manner and must be duly signed by the concerned authority. Once all the crucial documents are ready, the application and documents must be uploaded online.
- After uploading the application and documents, the concerned officials will examine the documents and documents.
- After examination, a Unique Application Number will automatically be generated.
- After that, the prescribed fees have to be paid by the applicant, and you can choose different modes of online payment.
- Once the prescribed fee is paid, then the License will be issued.
Renewal of Trade License Assam
The validity of the Trade License Assam is for a period of one year and requires yearly renewal. The application for the renewal of the Trade License must be made within 30 days from the date of expiry. If the renewal process is delayed, then it may attract a fine depending upon the rules & regulations of the issuing authority. Following are the documents required for the renewal of the Trade License in Assam:
- Previous year challans;
- Original copy of the Trade License;
- The up-to-date property tax paid receipt.
Dealing with registration liabilities could leave any applicant stumped and overwhelmed. Corpbiz can help you mitigate those problems by providing a quality service.