Overview on GST Registration in Punjab
Do you know rowing harder does not help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction? We must prepare ourselves in the right way and the right direction. Confused about how to take the right direction? Then what are you waiting for? Opt for our plan and get the Premium offers to get your GST Registration in Punjab done. Punjab is known for the industrial spirit of its people which brought about the ‘green revolution’ and made Punjab a center of the small and medium enterprise. The State is now on a threshold of the changeover to a new culture of innovation and technology-driven enterprise. Splendid infrastructure, excellent connectivity, superior educational institutes, and conductive government policy add to the strength of the State.
If you are planning to start a new business in Punjab or want to open multiple branches, Separate GST registrations must be obtained for the state. Even, in the case of different verticals in business, separate registration must be obtained for each vertical. If you are confused with the process of GST registration, simply rely on us, and get your business registered under GST in Punjab from one of the leading GST Registration Consultants in India. We provide comprehensive assistance on GST Registration and GST related services.
Threshold limit for GST Registration
The GST was launched on 1st July 2017, with certain rules and regulations, and a lot many changes have taken place since then. Due to a large number of amendments in the Act, there is still confusion in the mind of people as regards to threshold limit for registration under the Act.
Maintaining the high compliances in the business will have a positive impression in the GST ecosystem that results in speedy credit of refund claims. In this article, an effort has been made to explain the requirement for registration under GST. GST is imposed at every step of the supply network, to set off all the available benefits. The procedure for GST is online and requires no physical medaling.
Every product goes through multiple stages along with the supply network, which includes the purchase of raw materials, manufacturing, selling to the wholesaler and the retailer, and then the final sale to the consumer. Interestingly, Goods and Service Tax will be levied on all of these 3 stages-
A person is required to take GST registration in the following cases-
- Exceeding the threshold limit of aggregate turnover
- Compulsory Registration
- Voluntary Registration
Who all are the people required to get registered under GST in Punjab?
The following persons are required to get registered under GST in Punjab:-
- Any business whose aggregate turnover in a financial year exceeds Rs 20 lakhs (Rs 10 lakhs for special category states in GST). Note- This clause does not apply if the entity is only dealing in supply of goods/services which are exempt under GST
- Every person who is registered under an earlier law of taxation (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax,etc.)
- Needs to get register under Goods and Service Tax.
- Any entity or supplier dealing in inter-state supply of goods.
- Casual taxable person
- Non-Resident taxable person
- Agents of a supplier
- Person paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- Input service distributor and its agent
- E-Commerce operator or aggregator*
- A Person who supplies through E-commerce aggregator.
- Entities who are providing online information, acquiring database, or retrieval services from a place located outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
The Basic Components that are required to be considered for GST Registration in Punjab
As India is a federal country, a model is designed to administer GST in India, involving both Centre and States in its implementation. Both Central and States government have powers to impose and collect taxes through their respective legislations.
Taking this into consideration, A Dual GST Model has implemented that distributed powers to both Centre and States to levy the tax simultaneously. The Components of GST are:
Central GST is the tax imposed on the Intra State supplies of goods and services by the Central Government. When the location of the supplier and the buyer are in the same state it is termed as an Intra-state supply of goods or services. In this component, a seller has to collect both CGST and SGST in which CGST remains with the Central government while the SGST gets deposited with the State government.
State Goods and Service Tax is the tax imposed on the Intra State supplies of goods and services by the State Government. Here, the tax levied passes to the state government.
Integrated Goods and Service Tax is the tax levied on the inter-state supply of goods and services. Integrated GST is governed by the IGST Act. In IGST, the seller has to collect IGST from the buyer, and the tax collected will be divided between the Central and State Governments.Note- Inter-state supply of goods takes place when the location of the supplier and the buyer are in different states.
4) Union Territory GST-
Union Territory GST is applicable when any services and goods are consumed in the Union territories (UTs) of India. Under Union Territory GST, the revenue is collected by the government of union territory.
The necessary Documents required for GST Registration in Punjab
Depending upon the types of business, the following documents are required for GST Registration in Punjab
1. For Sole Proprietorship/Individual
Documents required for Sole Proprietorship/individual are as follows:-
- PAN Card of the owner
- Aadhar card of the owner
- Photograph of the owner (The photo shall be in JPEG format, maximum size – 100 KB)
- Bank account details
- Address proof*
2. For Partnership firm/LLP
Documents required for Partnership/ LLP are as follows:-
- Identity Proof of the partners
- Address Proof of the partners
- Copy of partnership deed
- Photograph of the partners
- Photograph of the authorized signatories.
- Id and Address Proof of the person authorized by the partners.
- Proof of appointment of authorized signatory
- In the case of LLP, registration certificate, and Board resolution of LLP.
- Bank account details
- Address proof of principal working place.
3. For Company-
Documents required for company are as follows:-
- PAN Card of Company
- Certificate of incorporation
- MOA and AOA of the company.
- Identity Proof and Address Proof of authorized signatory. Note-The authorized signatory must be an Indian even in case of foreign companies/branch registration.
- Identity Proof and address proof of all directors of the Company.
- Photograph of the directors and authorized signatory.
- Board resolution appointing authorized signatory.
- Bank account details.
- Address proof of the working premise.
4. For HUF
Documents required HUF are as follows:-
- PAN card of HUF
- Identity Proof of Karta
- Address Proof of Karta
- Photograph of the Karta
- Bank account details
- Address proof of the working premise.
What are the Different Rates Considered for GST?
In General, there are 4 types of GST rates in India, and the same GST rates are applied to every state based on the types of goods and services.Under GST slab of 5%-
The goods of Basic amenities, Household necessities, and life-saving drugs are covered under this slab Sugar, oil, spices, coffee, coal, fertilizers, tea, ayurvedic medicines, Agarbatti, sliced dry mango, cashew nuts, sweets, handmade carpets, lifeboats, fish fillet, unbranded snacks, and life-saving drugs, etc. are few products covered under 5% GST slab.
Further, services like Railways, airways, takeaway food, AC and Non-AC restaurants, hotel rooms with a tariff less than Rs. 7,500, and special flights for pilgrims, etc. are covered under 5% tax slab of GST.Under GST slab of 12% GST-
Goods like cell phones, sewing machines, a Drip irrigation system, jewelry box, Mechanical sprayers, processed foods like frozen meat, fruit juices, butter, cheese, ghee are covered under the 12% tax slab of GST.
The services under this slab include Air travel apart from economy class, Hotel accommodation with per room per night charge upto Rs 7500.Under GST slab of 18% GST-
Goods like washing machine, vacuum cleaner, pasta, detergent, scent sprays, leather clothing, cookers, oil powder, artificial flowers, wristwatches, Travelling bags, furniture, stationery items, mattress monitors, television screen, lithium-ion batteries, video games are covered under 18% tax slab of GST.
The services under this slab include restaurants within hotels whose tariffs are above Rs. 7,500, actual hotel bill below Rs. 7,500, movie tickets above Rs. 100.Under GST slab of 28% GST-
Over 200 products like cars, cigarettes, durable consumer products, high-end motorcycles, ATM vending machine, pan masala, weighing machine, cement, dish-washer are covered under 28% tax slab of GST.
Services under this slab include Race club, Supply of drinks in AC Restaurants in 5-star or above rated hotel, Accommodation in the hotel, where room rent is 7500/-or above per night per room.
Benefits of GST Registration in PunjabRegistering GST, in Punjab offers many advantages, those are as follows:-
Brief of the procedure for GST Registration in Punjab
The procedure for GST Registration in Punjab is mentioned below.
Step - 1:
The very initial step is to fill the online application. For the same, Visit the GST portal www.gst.gov.in. You need to create a username and password in the portal.
Step - 2:
You need to click the link on the GST portal, and click on to the ‘New User Login’. After that, by clicking on accept the window on the displayed declaration form; you must press ‘Continue’ to register yourself.
Step - 3:
Select ‘New Registration’. The Login window will be displayed after accepting the declaration page. Login yourself to start the GST registration procedure in Punjab
Step - 4:
Fill the requisite details asked on the portal:-
- Select ‘Taxpayer’ under the drop-down menu.
- Select the respective state and district.
- Enter the name of the business.
- Enter the PAN of the business.
- Fill the email ID and mobile number in the respective boxes. The email ID and mobile number entered on the portal must be active as OTPs will be sent to them.
- Enter the Captcha shown on the screen and click on ‘Proceed’.
Step - 5:
The next step is to enter the OTP sent to your email ID and mobile number in the respective boxes.
Step - 6:
Click on the ‘Proceed’ button once the details have been entered.
Step - 7:
You will get the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) on the screen. Make a note of the TRN. TRN is used to open PART-B in GST registration and to login to the GST registration application.
Step - 8:
Open the GST portal again and click on ‘Register’ under the ‘Taxpayers’ menu.
Step - 9:
Choose the ‘Temporary Reference Number (TRN)’.
Step - 10:
Enter the TRN selected and the captcha details.
Step - 11:
Once the Captcha details are entered, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
Step - 12:
Again, you will receive an OTP on your email ID and registered mobile number. Click on ‘Proceed’ Button by entering the OTP.
Step - 13:
The status of your application will be displayed on the next page. Click on the Edit icon, mentioned on the right side of the page.
Step - 14:
On the next page there will be 10 sections, where all relevant details are required to be filed. Along with that, the necessary documents must be submitted. Below-mentioned are the documents that must be uploaded-
- Photographs of the Applicant
- Details and Principal place of the business
- Business address proof
- HSN Code of the business
- Bank details of the GST Applicant
- Authorization form
- The constitution of the taxpayer.
Step - 15:
Click on the ‘Verification’ page and check the declaration. Finally, the application must be submitted by using one of the below-mentioned methods by:
- Electronic Verification Code (EVC).
- By e-Sign method.
- In case the company of GST Registration, the application must be submitted by using the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
Step - 16:
Once the process is completed, a successful completion message will be shown on the screen. The Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID of the GST Applicant.
Step - 17:
Check the status of the ARN on the GST portal.Process of getting the GST Registration Certificate Online
- Once the ARN is generated, you need to visit the GST common portal.
- Consequently, you need to Login into your GST account, by entering the username and password created by you. Along with that, you need to enter the captcha correctly and select the login button subsequently.
- Click on the “Services” option and select “User services” from the drop-box, where you need to choose the “View/Download Certificates” in the options displayed in the image.
- The registration certificate will automatically start downloading when you will select the download option.
- GST certificate shall be downloaded to the device and you can access the certificate.
CorpBiz group is at your service in fulfilling all the compliances required under GST Laws in Punjab. Our team will help you ensure complete & successful GST Registration by providing the best Pre GST and Post GST Services. Our clients are pleased with our GST services as we provide a Portfolio of services that makes it easy for our clients to comply with the tax regime. The services include-
- GST Registration
- GST Returns
- GST Amendments
- GST Audits
- GST Assessment and GST Compliances.
CorpBiz has a learning curve of GST and uses advanced technology to make your client free from GST tension. Furthermore, we stay in touch with the client by regular follow up. We believe that if you are with us, you will definitely say that you have been welcomed in the world of GST by laying a wink.
For more information Click Here.