It’s a well-known fact that every establishment in India, whether small or large, needs to avail Shop and Establishment License mandatorily. The price and regulations of this license vary from state to state. In Maharashtra, the shop and establishment license is recognized by the name Gumasta license. If you are about to lay a foundation of new business in this state, then obtaining a Gumasta license should be your utmost priority. Municipal Corporation of Mumbai is responsible for the allotment of this license. In this article, you will learn how to renew shop and establishment license in Mumbai through an online portal.
Procedure to Renew shop and establishment license in Mumbai
Gumasta license comes with optional validity options. In general, the license remains valid for one year; it could be further extended for ten years depending on the need of the applicant.
Furthermore, individuals must renew their license within thirty days of the expiration. Keep in mind that renewal after the expiration date attracts penalties.
- Open your browser and reach out to the MCGM portal. Use the following URL: http://www.mcgm.gov.in to serve this purpose.
- On the home page head over to the menu bar and click “Online services”.
- A list will pop up on your screen, select the option -” Shop and establishment”.
- A table will appear on the newly open windows. Head over to first option i:e Application for registration of Shops and Establishments and click “Apply Here.”
- Select the option- “No” for the purpose of renewal and click “Continue”.
- Now you will be head over to the next page and fill up the mandatory details in the field given. This page seeks some basic information from the applicant such as Name, Address with postal code, contact numbers, date of commencement, nature, of business, type of employer, and a number of employers.
- After filling up the requested details, head over to the section where employer detail needs to be filled, here you need to provide the complete detail of the workforce that you have employed at your establishment.
- After completing the above requirement, click “Continue.”
- Next, upload the scanned copy of documents* as specified on the portal.
- Complete the payment process regarding the license fee. You are allowed to use your debit card or net banking to address this requirement.
- Upon successful uploading of documents, select apply to wrap up the process.
- The portal would consistently intimate you about the application’s status, so it becomes easy for you to track down the process.
- As soon as the authority authenticates your application, the soft copy of the Gumasta license would be uploaded on the online portal.
- Lastly, all you need to login to the portal again and download the certificate.
Read our article:An Outlook on Benefits of Shop and Establishment License
Documentation renew shop and establishment license in Mumbai
- The lease agreement of the establishment.
- Copy of the property tax receipt.
- A self-declaration in a prescribed format available on the webpage.
- An undertaking clarifying applicant’s intention toward renewal in the format prescribed.
- Owner and partners photographs
- Employer’s digital signature.
- Applicant’s identification proof such as DL, PAN card, Aadhar card, and passport.
- Proof of address of the establishment for which the applicant is seeking the renewal.
- Copy of receipt of the preceding license fee.
It could be a costly affair for anyone to avert the provisions of Shop and establishment license, as an authority can impose stringent penalties on the defaulters. Make sure to maintain transparency in this aspect and follow the regulation without any disparities. The Gumasta license holders must renew their licenses in a timely manner to bypass the penal rule imposed by the Municipal Corporation.
Noteworthy facts regarding Gumasta license in Mumbai
- Gumasta license isn’t necessary for the establishments whose workforce is less than ten in numbers. On the contrary, entities having manpower more than this limit needs to get register under this license.
- After the availment of the Gumasta license, the entities are permitted to continue their business activities until the expiration date i:e one year or ten years.
- The registered entities can avail tax benefits from the relevant authority.
- The authority imposes hefty penalties on the defaulters who fail to maintain harmony with the relevant compliances.
- Gumasta license holders are eligible to open current accounts in their respective banks.
- Since the Gumsata license transforms the business into a legal entity, the business owner can reap numerous benefits in the long run.
- Penalties become inevitable in the case of violation of the provisions under the trade license.
- Under Gumasta’s license, no entities would be able to practice unethical ways of trading, as it is a punishable offense.
It is nearly impossible for existing establishments to pursue their business activities in the absence of a Gumasta license. There is no way you can bypass this license and conduct business activities on the other hand. Those, who have been allotted with this license, needs to renew it in a timely manner, to avoid penalties. Any failure in this context could place you in a distressing situation where you have to address mandatory penalties. With the right documents in place, it won’t be a hassle for anyone to renew this license. However, if ever encounter the situation where you are unable to cater to such a process, then take help from the professionals. CorpBiz offers a vast landscape of financial and compliances-related services to the users who seek assistance in the state of urgency.
Read our article:Know the Procedure for availing Shop and Establishment License