National Food Security Card is a legal document through which cardholders get permission to obtain various types of commodities like sugar, rice, LPG, Kerosene, and fertilizers at subsidized rates. Also, it is known by the name of the Food Security Ration Card. If your mind is all set to take benefit of this scheme, you must link your Aadhaar Card with your Ration Card.
Consumers living in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Andhra Pradesh would get benefitted from the facilities provided under ‘one nation one ration card’ scheme. Those families who have food security cards can proceed to purchase rice, wheat, or several other food grains at subsidized costs. Families would get the liberty to purchase from any ration shops, which has shown their acceptance towards the ‘one nation one ration’ scheme. There are several ways in which the ration card can come into use.
With over 25% share in global markets, India has earned the reputation of the world’s largest rice exporter. India is known for producing more than 23% of entire rice production on a global level. ‘One nation one ration card’ scheme would grant benefits to the ration cardholders to get food grains at subsidized prices. For this reason, you need to use the National Food Security Card to utilize this opportunity.
How to Download the National Food Security Card
Downloading the National Food Security Card is not a big deal, all thanks to the straightforward, stepwise guide that we are providing below-
Step 1– In the step first, you need to open the EPDS Telangana Website.
Step 2– After that, you will get to see the menu on the right-hand side of the same page.
Step 3– If you will click on the list, then you would observe “FSC search.”
Step 4– Now you can click on FSC search.
Step 5– You need to pick your district in this step.
Step 6– After making the selection of your district, you must enter the old ration card number/Ration card number/FSR ref number to search your card.
Step 7– In case if your name will appear in the Telangana Ration Card list, then you will be meeting the eligibility criteria to download National Food Security Card or Food Security Ration Card.
Step 8– Follow all the steps mentioned above, and you will be able to download your National Food Security Card.
One Nation One Ration Card Project- Telangana
Telangana people with a white ration card have been getting the facility of portability, as it assists them in buying food grains at subsidized rates from any fair price shop across the state. After the scheme of ‘One Nation, One Ration’ gets launched, the same facility can get availed in the state of Andhra Pradesh via POS machines. Going by the official reports, we concluded that near about 2.80 crore consumers enjoyed the benefit of the ration ease in Telangana. The time it requires to process your National food security card is 30 days.
Read our article:A Detailed Guide on Penalties under FSSAI Act
Mandatory Documents to obtain National Food Security Card
The mandatory documents to obtain National food security card are-
Latest Updates on One Nation, One Ration Card System
- On May 14, 2020, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made an announcement regarding the national roll out of the scheme of One Nation, One Ration Card in all the UTs, and states by March 2021.
- According to the finance minister, One Nation One Ration Card System would empower the migrant workers and their family members to get access to PDS benefits from all the Fair price shops of the country.
- Talking about the current scenario, we must say that about 20 states are ready for the implementation of the inter-state portability of the ration card.
- States and UTs in which ration card portability has been enabled are- Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Gujarat, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- On 1st June 2020, three more states, namely Mizoram, Sikkim, and Odisha, joined the scheme of One Nation-One Ration Card, as told by Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on the same day.
- In addition to this, he added that states like Manipur, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland would become a part of the national cluster by the month of August.
- Most importantly, the Food Ministry is endeavoring to implement the facility of One Nation-One Ration Card throughout the country by March 2021. The Food Ministry is working on the strategy to make all the required arrangements to include the other 13 states and the union territories to the national cluster.
- The One Nation One Ration Scheme get launched in Madhya Pradesh on the 9th of June, 2020 by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, via videoconferencing at Mantralaya formally. From now onwards, labourers of Madhya Pradesh will be getting ration from anywhere in 21 states.
Understand the One Ration One Nation Card System by an Example
In the currently running system, a ration cardholder can go ahead for purchasing foodgrains from an FPS that she receives in the locality where she lives. However, changes will take place after the functioning of the One Nation One Ration Card scheme on a national level. How things would work is shown below-
For instance, when beneficiary who belongs to the Basti district of Uttar Pradesh and lives over there which has moved to Mumbai in search of work. Currently, she is incapable of buying subsidized food grains from a PDS shop in a nearby locality in Mumbai. However, the promising scheme of One Nation, One Ration Card, would help the beneficiary in buying food grains at subsidized prices all over the nation.
The government is behind extending the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ system in all the states of India as it would lead to the portability of the National Food Security Card all over India. This scheme will provide benefits to ordinary people along with National Food Security Government. If you crave more information on this topic or look for the FSSAI license, we at Corpbiz will do the needful for you.
Read our article:Enforcement of the FSS ACT – An Overview