The entire food business operator in India must obtain FSSAI License, and it is required by all the manufacturers, distributors, transporters, retailers, etc. eligible as per the Food Safety & Standard Act of India Act, 2006. The whole process of FSSAI License Renewal has to be done within 120 days before the expiry date of the FSSAI Registration. The fee for the license is to be paid for the FSSAI License Renewal & Validity obligations will be depending upon the number of selected years. Scroll down to check more information regarding the renewal of FSSAI License.
What is the Validity of FSSAI Registration?
A Registration or license granted under the FSSAI regulations should be valid and existing for a period of one to five years as preferred by the Food Business Operator (FBO) from the date of issue of registration subject to payment of fees applicable for the selected period. All the compliances related with FSSAI License Renewal & Validity compliances along with the registration has to be fulfilled.
Types of FSSAI License Renewal
There are three types of FSSAI License Renewal mentioned below:
Renewal of Basic FSSAI License
This is applicable for all the food business operators that falls under basic registration criteria (turnover is less than 12 lakhs) and fees for the FSSAI License Renewal & Validity varies from INR 100 to INR 500 (depending upon the number of selected years).
State FSSAI License Renewal
This is for all the food business operators who falls under the State License criteria (whose turnover is between INR 12 lakhs to 20 crores).
The government fees for the renewal of food license can be INR 2000/3000/5000 for one year (it depends upon the kind of food business).
Central FSSAI License Renewal
This is applicable for all the food business operators fall under Central FSSAI License (whose turnover is more than INR 20 crores), and the government fees for this renewal is INR 7500/year.
What are the Essential Documents required for FSSAI License Renewal?
Following are the essential documents required at the time of FSSAI License renewal:
For Normal or Basic Registration
- Submit Form A and signed by FBOs with all the supporting documents.
- Submit identity proof such as Driving License, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- Submit two latest passport size photographs of the applicant.
- No Objection Certificate by Panchayat or municipality, Health Department, etc. (if any).
- In case of a rented office, submit a copy of the rent agreement.
For Central License or State License
- Duly signed and completed Form B.
- Submit the latest passport size photographs of Director/Partner/Proprietor.
- Submit a layout plan of the food processing plant.
- Submit the address proof of Director/Partner/Proprietor/Authorized Signatory.
- Submit the list of all the directors along with their contact details and full address.
- Submit Identity proof and address proof of the above persons.
- Submit a list of all food categories.
- The authority letter must be nominated by the manufacturer to act on behalf of him.
- No objection Certificate (NOC) from any local body or municipality.
- Number and name of all the equipment as per installed capacity and horsepower for processing unit and manufacturing.
- Submit a Partnership Deed.
- Submit a copy of Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Article of Association (AOA) in case of a company.
- Certificate of hotel industry issued by the Ministry of Tourism.
- In the case of Central License, submit a certificate from the Ministry of Commerce for 100% EOU.
- In the case of Central License, submit IEC documents which are issued by the DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade).
- Submit all the supporting documents as a turnover proof (for Central License).
- Report on water samples used in food (in case of Central License).
- Possession proof such as the latest electricity bill, sales deed, etc. (for Central License).
- Submit a cancelled cheque.
Procedure for FSSAI License Renewal
To complete the process, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to renew your FSSAI License:-
The first step of this process is to fill the application in Form A (which is for renewal of basic registration) and Form B (for the renewal of Central or State License) along with a signature of the authorized signatory and also attach a photo identity proof with the form which is issued by the Government. For filing the application form, go to the website of FSSAI and create User Id and Password.
The application for the renewal of a license must contain an FSMS plan, audit report, self-declaration regarding FSMS (Food Safety Management System) has to be filed together. The declaration must be provided on the letterhead of the firm/company/FBO as per the format.
Also, fill the Form IX (for Nomination of Persons) and it is the company’s responsibility to fill the form in a proper format.
Submit duly signed declaration by the Authorized signatory, which stated that the food business follows all the rules and regulations prescribed by the Food Safety and Standards Act.
After submitting the renewal of food license application along with the prescribed fees, the authorities will verify and examine the application form, and if required, you need to arrange an inspection at the premises to make sure all the details of the food business provided are true.
It will take around 60 days to complete the process of FSSAI License Renewal. Suppose the process takes more than 60 days or you have not received any notice from the concerning authority. In that case, you can continue the business without waiting for further information or notice.
Consequences when the FSSAI License Renewal is not done within Prescribed Time
If the application for the FSSAI License Renewal & Validity obligations are not filed within the prescribed date, then the FBO is charged with a penalty of INR 100 per day. To avoid such kind of penalties, the food business operators must renew the food license on time. Food Business operator must apply for the FSSAI License renewal, 30 days before the date of expiry of the FSSAI Registration.
The registration of FSSAI is essential in India boosts the confidence of the Food Business Operators across the country. The FSSAI License Renewal & Validity obligation is necessary because without the renewal the food business operator will be penalized. Corpbiz shall be at your disposal if you need any assistance in the FSSAI License Registration as well as renewal.