FSSAI rolled out SOPs in their latest notification to overcome refund issues faced by the FBOs regarding the erroneous payments. The decision would benefit the businesses, which often encounter issues on the payment gateway of the FSSAI portal.
SOP for Refund of Erroneous Payments
FSSAI Rolled out SOPs for the sake of recovery of the faulty payment made by the FOBs mistakenly on the payment gateway.
- The refund application can be submitted to the FSSAI’s portal within one year from the date on which the payment was made to the portal. The applicant shall forward the application to FSSAI headquarters via email along with payment transaction details and application reference number.
- The regulatory compliance division under FSSAI shall forward the application for claim to the IT department for verification.
- Upon verification of the application, the regulatory compliance division shall process the application as per schedule 3 FSS (Licensing & Registration) Regulations, 2011
- Based on the RCD’s response, the account division of FSSAI takes the matter in their hands to initiate refund formalities.
- The refund payment shall be authorized by the relevant authority, depending on the administrative structures and order of the state/FSSAI.
- The refund amount of less than Rs 100 shall not be processed by the authority.
Read our article:Who needs FSSAI Registration? Is FSSAI Registration Mandatory?
Guidelines and Methods to Initiate the Refund Request
- In the case of FSSAI state license and registration, FSSAI would only initiate the refund request on double payment and technical glitches on the payment gateway, such as Razorpay.
- In case if the payment has already been settled by the FSSAI in State/UT account after processing the refund, then the authority shall settle the refund amount against the future payment. Such refund shall be initiated and processed by the concerned state authority rather than FSSAI’s headquarters.
- Under no circumstances, the authority would process the request for refund against the successfully submitted application regarding FSSAI license and registration.
The decision would bring the sign of relief for the FBOs across the country who often encounters technical glitches while making payment on the portal. The aforesaid SOPs will turnaround the things and overcome the nuisance related to the faulty payment. It seems that FSSAI rolled out SOPs for the convenience of FBOs operating pan India.