MSMEs stand for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises. In India, MSME is governed by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. MSME registered entities can avail of benefits from Government-driven schemes to ensure seamless growth. The MSMEs play a vital role in strengthening the Indian economy, as they are the major contributor both in terms of employment creation and export volume. In general, two categories of MSMEs exist in our country.
- Manufacturing enterprises are involved in the production of goods.
- Service enterprises that renders services to the end-users.
Viable Advantages of MSME Registration Certificate
The list below shows the viable benefits of the MSME registration Certificate that is accessible to MSME registered entities:-
- MSMEs registered entities can avail of a string of tax exemptions.
- Loans and financial credit are easily available to MSME enterprises.
- The interest rate at which MSME enterprises can avail of loans is extremely cheap.
- Registered MSMEs are eligible to avail credit under Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) to be carried for the time up to 15 years.
- MSME registered entities have seamless access to licenses and government certification.
- All the businesses with MSME Registration Certificate are eligible to avail of ISO Certification.
- MSMEs have access to One Time Settlement Fee with regards to non-paid amounts.
- MSME registered entities can avail of significant concession on electricity bills.
- MSMEs registered companies are free to avail of subsidy on bar code registration.
What Are the Documents Required For MSME Registration Certificate in India?
Following is the list of all the necessary documents required at the time of MSME Registration certificate:
- Aadhar card of the applicant.
- PAN card.
- Address of business.
- Property paper.
- Canceled Cheque.
- Submit the copies of Sale or Purchase bills.
- In the case of a Self-owned premise, submit property tax receipt, allotment letter, Lease Deed, etc.
- In case of the rented premise, submit NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the landlord, latest utility bills, rent receipts, etc.
- Partnership Deed.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of the company.
- Submit the copies of licenses and bills of machinery purchased.
- Provide turnover details.
- Investment details (Equipment or plant details).
- NIC code.
- Name of the enterprise.
- Physical status of the applicant.
- Category of the applicant (General, OBC, SC, or ST category).
- Bring all the information related to employment, such as the total number of employees working in the company or organization.
- The activity of the enterprise (between Service and Manufacturing).
MSME Registration Process via Udyog Aadhar Registration
Go through the given instructions to avail of MSME registration via the Udyog Aadhar portal:-
Step 1: Reach out for the Udyog Aadhar Registration (UAM) online portal to get started with the registration process.
Step 2: as soon as the new window prompts on your screen, enter the 12-digit Aadhar Number and applicant name in the respective field.
Step 3: click on the “Validate & Generate OTP” button and enter One Time Password (OTP) for account authentication. Once the account is verified, you can proceed further to fill the online form.
Step 4: the applicant needs to fill up the given information available in the form along with the above mentioned documents.
Step 5: After filling in the aforesaid details, tap on the Submit button to get a One Time Password which will be sent to the email id that was mentioned by the applicant in the registration form.
Step 6: Enter the One Time Password in the required field and then click on the “Final Submit” button.
Step 7: After the completion of the registration process, you will get an acknowledgment number on the email id.
Step 8: After successful verification of the details, the portal will generate the UAM for your business. UAM can let you registered under MSME via offline mode.
Procedure to Ascertain the Application Status of MSME Registration Certificate
Use the below instructions to check the MSME registration application status:-
Step 1: First, reach out for the UAM portal by clicking the following link: https://udyamregistration.gov.in/UA/UA_VerifyUAM.aspx.
Step 2: On the new window, enter the 12-digit UAM number along with the captcha code.
Step 3: Click Verify after completing the above steps. This will let you access the application status of MSME Registration.
Procedure for Downloading the MSME Registration Certificate or Udyog Aadhar Registration
Go through the following steps in case if you wish to download the MSME Registration Certificate
Step 1: Visit the Udyog Aadhar Memorandum portal for downloading the registration certificate
Step 2: Provide your 12 digit UAM number as well as your mobile number.
Step 3: After completing the above steps, you will get the option to download the registration certificate.
Considering the current scenario, it’s safer to say that MSMEs are playing a pivotal role in strengthening the Indian economy. It has the potential to boost the growth of the business and ensure a higher return on investment with operational flexibility. We hope that this write-up has clear your doubts regarding the MSME registration certificate. We would like to hear from you in case if you need any sort of assistance on the same.