To make the process of registering the business under Micro Small Medium Enterprise or MSME, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise along with the Government of India, has come up with a strategy called Udyog Aadhaar.
Earlier, the process of Udyog Aadhaar registration was quite complex and time-consuming because of the handling of lots of paperwork. However, the existence of Udyog Aadhaar Registration has changed the process to some extent and has also improved the registration process of medium, small and micro-enterprises.
In the topic, we will discuss the Udyog Aadhaar registration process, how it has changed the process of business registration of MSME, Eligibility criteria, Process of registration, and what is Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum?
What is Udyog Aadhar?
Udyog Aadhar is a certificate issued by the government to certify the small/medium businesses or enterprises. It provides recognition, and a unique number and the main motive behind this facility is to provide maximum advantage to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises who are registered under Udyog Aadhaar Registration.
While registering for the Udyog Aadhaar registration process, the applicant (Proprietor, Partner or Director) will provide his/her Aadhaar Number. The applicant must have a recognition certificate issued through MSME registration Process.
The reason behind introducing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum System
The loopholes of the former system of EM-I/II (Entrepreneur Memorandum) have led to the introduction of the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum System. Earlier, Businessmen used to opt for a heterogeneous system.
Earlier, to carry out MSME registration, the entrepreneur used to depend on the national portal, though some states had their portal.
This resulted in the replacement of the old system and the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar Registration.
Who are eligible for Udyog Aadhar Registration?
Below mentioned category are eligible for Udyog Aadhar Registration-
- Manufacturing Sector-Limits Rs. 25 lakhs investment in plant & machinery.
- Service Sector- LimitsRs. 10 lakhs investment in equipment.
- Manufacturing Sector-Limits Rs. Five crore investment in plant & machinery.
- Service Sector- Limits Rs. 2 crore investment in equipment.
- Manufacturing Sector-Limits Rs. 10 crores investment in plant & machinery.
- Service Sector- Limits Rs. 5 crores investment in equipment
Read our article:What are The Government Schemes Launched by MSME?
Process of Udyog Aadhaar Registration
The process involved in the Udyog Aadhar registration is very simple and requires very little information. For Udyog Aadhaar registration, an applicant must have Aadhaar.
Further, an applicant should follow the following requisite steps for Udyog Aadhaar registration:
- An applicant shall log on to the official website. For referral- https://udyamregistration.gov.in/UdyamRegistration.aspx
- An applicant shall enter the requisite details in the mentioned form along with the Aadhaar details and Name of the Applicant.
- After, filling the requisite details, click on Validate and Generate OTP and enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- An applicant will be redirected to the form, upon successful verification.
- An entity has to provide the following genuine information:
- Name of Enterprise’ and ‘Type of Organization’, ‘Main Business Activity’, Total investment and District entity number.
- Once completed, recheck the details to ensure that the details filed are accurate
- Scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Submit’.
- Another OTP is received on your registered mobile number.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application procedure.
Particulars Required for Udyog Aadhaar
Below mentioned information and documents are required for completing the Udyog Aadhar registration process-
- Particulars of the Applicant (Name and Aadhaar details)
- Document required as a proof for social category
- Name of the entity.
- Type of entity and business activity
- Address Proof and Details of Bank Account
- NIC Code or National Industrial Classification Code
- Number of workers currently working in the organization
- Contact number and e-mail ID of the Applicant.
- PAN number and the total investment made in the entity
Correction of Wrong details
Once the Udyog Aadhaar is received, there could be a possibility of mistakes with the Udyog Aadhar details. In case any error has occurred during the process of registration, there is a simple process through which an applicant can get rid of the problem.
A new provision has been introduced by the Ministry of MSME, which allows applicants to edit the Udyog Aadhar Memorandum, where the applicant can easily update or edit the information on Udyog Aadhar by following few steps.
What is Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum?
Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum is a single-page and self-certification registration form, where an applicant can disclose the particulars related to the business, i.e. Existence of the entity, Details of the Bank account, Particulars of the Applicant (Promoter) and other requisite details. The fee is exempted by the government for filing the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum. After submission of the Application, Udyog Aadhaar Acknowledgement will be generated, and the same shall be sent to the email address provided in the UAM, which would contain unique Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN).
Before Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (27 of 2006) came in force, The Applicant who already holds an Entrepreneurship Memorandum-I or Entrepreneurship Memorandum-II or both, or holding the Small-Scale Industry registration, are not required to file Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum.
Udyog Aadhaar registration fee
In India, filing Udyog Aadhaar registration is the only form of registration for MSMEs and SMEs, and there is no fee for filing the Udyog Aadhar Memorandum. The process can be simply done on the portal created by the Authority, and no fee is charged for the purpose. The applicant can simply apply for Udyog Aadhaar registration without any assistance.
Udyog Aadhaar registration is a simple and less time taking process for registering the MSMEs and SMEs with no registration fees. It provides various advantages to the entity i.e. by providing financial support and also excess to government subsidies. Udyog Aadhaar registration helps in improving the infrastructure and in expanding the business.
Read our article:SSI Registration – Objectives and the Registration Procedure