The government is putting significant effort into developing the welfare of the people working in the unorganized sector. Kamgar Registration was launched on June 9, 2021. This scheme will protect the worker from mishaps. However, this scheme will allow 45 types of workers to register themselves on the government portal. The registration fee for Kamgar Registration is Rs 60, out of which Rs. 10 includes the registration fee and a continuation of Rs 10 per year.
The registered workers can avail the benefits of the chief minister’s Accident Insurance Scheme and the Chief Minister Jan Arogya Yojana. Benefactors Chief Minister Accident Insurance Scheme will be able to provide a lump sum of Rs 2 lakhs in case of death or disability of the insurance holder. However, the registered workers will receive cashless treatment of Rs 5 lakhs.
Objectives of Kamgar Yojana
The following are the objectives of the Kamgar Yojana
- These schemes will ensure the payment of minimum wages and fixed monetary benefits.
- Providing productive work environment , healthy, safe and and well-being for workers
- It will ensure the eradication of child labour, bonded labour, and rehabilitation.
- It will promote and encourage a safe, accident-free and productive workplace.
Characteristics of unorganized workers
The following are the Characteristics of unorganized workers; however, Kamgar Registration will help workers in the unorganized sector.
- The registration can be done through the official portal
- Workers can get themselves registered on portal by filling in the requisite details
- There are two ways to register on the portal one is self – registration and the other is by approaching the official centre.
- Social security benefits can be available once the unorganized sector gets registered.
- The portal allows many different kinds of sectors to register for these schemes.
- The registration fee is 60, and the workers must pay
- The workers whose annual income is less than Rs. 180000 are eligible to apply under these schemes.
- The government has urged all unorganized sector employees to take advantage of these schemes by enrolling on the portal.
Benefits of Kamgar Registration
The following are the benefits which can be avail by the workers after registering them self under Kamgar Scheme
- Under the Mukhymantri Accident Insurance Scheme, unorganized workers, in case of accidental death/disability, their heirs will be given financial support of a maximum of two lakh rupees.
- All registered construction workers should be verified through Labor Office or Public Service Centre. In this, fill all your details as mentioned in the Aadhar card.
- To get the disaster relief funds, get the registration number verified from the Uttar Pradesh building and other construction workers’ Aadhar cards so that the amount of one thousand rupees can reach the worker’s account directly.
Who can apply for Kamgar Registration?
The following is the list of the workers who can apply for the registration is mentioned below for the better understanding and for better knowledge.
- Tent house and catering worker
- Tanga bullock cart workers
- Running incense sticks cottage industries
- Florist pavement trader
- Generator lifters
- Yarn dyeing
- Embroidery weavers
- Bangle makers
- Laundry worker
- Duri Blanket Zari Workers
- Glass workers
- Workers are working in chicken meat shops or poultry farms, etc.
- Rickshaw driver
- Domestic workers
- Rag picker
- Fruit vegetable seller
- Auto driver
- Bicycle and motorcycle repair
Requirement for Kamgar Registration
The requirement for the registration of the Kamgar certificate has been mentioned below for the better understanding and for the knowledge.
- The workers must be long-term residents of the state.
- The workers must be employed in an unorganized sector.
- The annual income of the worker should not be more than 180000.
- The workers from both PF and ESC should be rotated.
- The farmers with less than 2.5 acres of land are eligible for Kamgar Registration.
Documents required for Kamgar Registration
The following are the vital documents required for the Kamgar Registration are mentioned below
- Educational documents
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Photocopy of bank Passbook
- Applicant Picture
Procedure for Kamgar Registration
The following is the detailed step by step procedure for the registration of Kamgar Certificate.
- STEP 1: The Applicant has to visit the official portal for the Registration
- STEP 2: After that the applicant has to registered himself after entering all the requisite details
- STEP 3: All the required documents need to be submitted in prescribe size and format
- Step 4: The payment of Fee is to be made once all the documents are attached and it can be paid online/offline
- STEP 5: The certificate will be issued if all the documents is in prescribe and desired norms and guidelines
Purpose of Kamgar Registration
The main purpose for the Kamgar Registration has been elaborately mentioned below for the better understanding.
- The workers are provided benefits under the different government schemes for the workers of unorganized sectors in the state.
- The workers registered under these schemes will be able to reap the benefits of the social security and different schemes implemented by the government in time.
- This registration will provide assistance to the workers and provide them strength, and make them self–sufficient. This kind of society needs to improve its standard of living.
- It will help the government to provide accurate data on the unorganized sector, which will be crucial for the government to implement schemes in the future for the unorganized sector.
After reading this article, we can conclude that the Kamgar Registration is very beneficial to the workers. They can avail of benefits like insurance schemes and financial schemes. And there is a list of workers who can avail of the benefits under this scheme.
Read our Article:An overview of the BOCW Scheme