Every firm that works with an ample workforce needs to get registered for EPF at some point in time. Almost every working professional is familiar with the fact that the firm having more than 20 employees should get registered for EPF. On the other hand, the small enterprise managing fewer employees can opt for voluntary registration. This article will shed some light on the list of documents required for EPF registration.
Checklist for Documents Required for EPF registration
The government facilitates an online and offline platform for registration of EPF for the employer. However, before adopting these methods, the employer must furnish some mandatory documents based on the entity classification. The given list would act as a checklist for the documents required for EPF registration of an employer.
- Applicant’s name
- Details regarding the PAN card.
- ID proof such as driving license, voter ID, & passport.
- Address proof where the business is located along with residential address proof.
- The contact number of the firm.
- Certification regarding the Registration of Society/Trust.
- Details regarding the PAN card
- Details about the core member who runs the business
- Address proof of the society/Trust.
- A document declaring the partnership deed.
- Proof of Identification of all active partner of the firm such as voter ID card, DL, & passport,
- Details of existing partners accountable for running the business.
- ID & address proofs of the active/existing partners
Limited Liability Partnership/ Company
- Certification regarding the Incorporation of the company.
- ID proof of the existing Director
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of the active Director who is managing the company’s operation
- Information of all the existing directors engaged with the company.
- Director’s identification proof as well as address proof.
- Memorandum of Association (MoA) along with the Articles of Association (AOA)
- Bill regarding the first sale
- Bill of the raw materials and machinery purchased for manufacturing.
- Basic bank credentials such as IFSC code, address, account number, and other details.
- Detail of workforce working within the organization.
- Details regarding the wages and salaries of the employees.
- Cross canceled cheque
The entities need to arrange all the documents required for EPF registration before they interfere with the formalities of EPFO registration.
Read our article:Advantages of EPF Registration that worth your attention
Step by Step Guide to Register under EPF
To ease out the registration formalities, we recommend you follow the online procedure instead of offline, as it is the most viable and convenient option between the two. Once you arrange the documents required for EPF registration, the procedure for registration is as follows.
- Open your browser and head over to the EPFO online portal
- As soon as you land on the home page, select “Establishment Registration”.
- This action would give you access to the page where you can download the registration-based instructions on your system.
- For successful submission of application, the applicant needs to register DSC in the first place. The guidance regarding the same is available in the manual itself.
- On the signup windows, use your credentials i.e. UAN and password to login to the portal. If you don’t have an account, then create it by following on-screen prompts and filling up the required details.
- Once you login to the portal, select “Registration for EPFO-ESIC.”
- On the subsequent window, select “Apply for New Registration.”
- Now the two options would prompt on your computer screen, which is as follows:
- “Employees’ State Insurance Act”
- “Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1956.”
- Pick one option as per your requirement and select Submit.
- On the subsequent page, you would come across a couple of blank fields against the following options that you need to fulfill.
- Establishment date of the firm.
- Detail of the existing employer & employee in the company.
- Designation of the employee and detail about their work regime.
- Identity proofs
- For quick reference or overview of the detail provided, use the option given on the dashboard.
- Lastly, select the “Submit” option to wrap up the process.
After this, the applicant needs to finish the employer’s Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) in case of a new application. As soon as you finish the registration procedure, you would receive a confirmation mail on the email address registered to the portal.
The above mentioned would let you overcome the hassle of EPF registration for the employer. The online procedure is easy, and even a non-technical person can involve with it without any trouble. Keep in mind that the registration process isn’t a tricky part. Most of the problems occurred while arranging the document for the registration. If you wish to complete the registration procedure in the first attempt, then take care of your documentation and ensure they are legitimate in every aspect.
Feel free to have a word with CorpBiz professional if you seek some expert guidance on this process. We would be glad to provide you with full fledge guidance on documents required for EPF registration or associated matters. Apart from this, we also render an array of services in the field of taxation and finance to our esteemed clients. Our professional would empower you to deal with compliances of the Act with authority.
Read our article:Procedure for EPF Registration – A Step by Step Guide