Ministry of Corporate Affairs is a government portal containing details of all companies incorporated in India. It has details of all types of companies and Limited Liability Partnership. One can check the Company registration status number, date of incorporation, type of company, charges of the company, directors of the company, etc. from the site. The balance sheets & other documents related to company along with annual returns are also available on the website on payment of appropriate fees.
Check Company Registration Status on MCA Master Data
Any details pertaining to the registered entity or to be a registered entity such as Private Limited Company or OPC or Limited Company for which the name approval application has been applied can be accessed through MCA Master Database. Once, MCA Master Data search page has been accessed, and a search can be initiated by entering the complete or partial name of an entity in the search box to check company registration.
If the entities that match the search query, then the results are displayed, and the user can select right entity for which information is required. If no entities are found to match a search query, the query returns “No matches found”.
The following information pertaining to the registered business in India can be found from the MCA Master Data:
- CIN (Corporate Identification Number)
- Name of Company
- ROC Registration Number
- ROC Information
- Company Category (Company limited by shares/ Company limited by guarantee/ Unlimited Company).
- Company Sub-Category (Indian Government Company/ Indian Non-Governmental Company)
- Class of a Company (Public Company/ Private Company)
- Authorised Capital of the Company
- Paid-up Capital of the Company
- Date of Incorporation
- Listing Status
- Date of Last Annual General Meeting
- Date of the Balance Sheet
- Company Status
What Must all a Stakeholder Check?
Apart from other important points, these three are the most important that a stakeholder check for company registration:-
Check Prohibited name for your Proposed Company Name
Stakeholders are requested to ensure that a proposed name selected does not contain any word as prohibited under Section 4(2) & (3) of Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.
Check Trademark for Proposed Company Name
Stakeholders are also requested to read & understand Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 in respect of the proposed name before applying for the same.
Check Domain for Proposed Company Name
Stakeholders are requested to check the Trademark search to ensure that the proposed name is no violation of provisions of under Section 4(2) of Companies Act, 2013 failing which it is liable to be rejected.
Steps to Check Company Registration Status
- Go to MCA website
- Go to MCA services tab in the drop-down click on View Company/LLP.
- Type the starting letters of Company Name in – Company/LLP Name (Enter at least three characters for (Company/LLP Name) and click the Search button.
- List of Company Names stating with the submitted letters will be displayed. Click on desired Company Name link or Copy the CIN.
3. If the CIN is known, add the complete CIN to the column- Company CIN/FCRN/LLPIN
- Enter the companies CIN. Enter the captcha code. Click on submit.
- You can search for CIN by clicking on the search icon beside Company/LLP Name field.
Charges Registered On Company
“Charges registered On Company” is an interest or right which a lender or creditor obtains in a property of the company by way of security that the company will pay back the debt. Charges on the Company are usually raised when a Company or LLP Company raises bank loan or financial assistance from financial institutions. Therefore, this functionality of MCA can be used to check if a company has raised any loans from a bank or financial institutions.
The search will display following charge information pertaining to the company:
- Date of Charge Creation or Modification
- Charge Amount
- Charge Holder
- Address of Charge Holder
Signatory Details- Checking Directors of the Company
The list of Directors of the Company or Partners of an LLP can be found using the Signatory Details search functionality of MCA Portal, in order to check the Directors of Company or Partners of an LLP.
The following details pertaining to Directors of the Company or Partners of an LLP are available online:
- DIN Number Details
- Name of the Directors or Partners
- Address of the Directors or Partners
- Date of Appointment
- Digital Signature Status
All information pertaining to the companies are published online by the (MCA) Ministry of Corporate Affairs, which can be seen both by the public as well as the company. Companies must register under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, one can check company registration status later on the database of MCA.
Read our article: A Detail Discussion upon existing Myths of Company Registration