To ensure proper records and access of Provident Fund details, every person needs to get EPF UAN Registration. UAN stands for Universal Account Number which is essential for every person to track the Provident Funds records. Universal Account number helps in simplifying the various tasks without even visiting the EPFO office. After UAN EPF Registration the member of UAN can access the portal at www.epfindia.gov.in.To activate the UAN EPF registration various steps are required.
Before going through the process of how to activate UAN for EPF, it is important to know what is UAN, how it works, and how it helps the person in accessing the PF records.
What is UAN?
UAN stands for Universal Account Number, which is essential in the entire process of maintaining the Provident Fund records online. UAN not only helps in easy access but also helps in keeping a track record of the person’s saving. Every employer and employee contributions in EPF must have UAN, which is a 12-digit number. UAN is allotted by the Employee Provident Fund Organization.
UAN of an employee remains the same and does not change with the change in the job of the employee. However, EPFO allots a new member identification number (ID) at the time when the employee switches his/her job, which will be linked to the UAN of the respective employee.
Why is it important to have a UAN EPF Registration?
- UAN EPF Registration helps in centralizing employee data in the country.
- Through UAN EPF Registration, the employee gets the relief in bringing down the burden of verification from companies and employers by EPF organization.
- Universal Account Number helps in extracting the bank account details and KYC of the employee without the help of employers.
- UAN EPF Registration helps the EPFO in tracking multiple job switches of the employee.
- With the help of UAN EPF Registration, untimely and early EPF withdrawals have reduced to a great extent.
- UAN helps in the easy withdrawal of Provident Funds online.
- UAN EPF registration helps in ensuring that the employers cannot withhold the Provident fund amount of the employee. Further, it also helps in ensuring the employees that the employer has deposited their contribution to the Provident Fund Account.
Read our article:Comparison between EPF, GPF and PPF: Registration Process for EPF
How to activate UAN for EPF?
To get UAN EPF Registration, it is important to have a Universal Account number and Provident Fund member ID. Below mentioned steps are required to activate UAN for EPF-
- The very first step required for UAN EPF is to visit www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After that, click on the ‘Our Services’ page and select ‘For employees’ in the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the option’ For employee’ in the drop-down menu, click on ‘Member UAN/Online Services’ which will take you to the UAN Member Portal.
- On the UAN Member Portal click on ‘Activate your UAN’, which is located under ‘Important Links’ on the right-hand side.
- Enter the details as required for UAN EPF Registration-
- Universal Account Number
- Registered mobile number.
- Provident Fund Member ID.
- After entering the above details, enter the captcha code and click on ‘Get authorization PIN’.
Additional documents and details required for UAN EPF –
- Id Proof of the Applicant,
- Address Proof of the Applicant,
- Bank Account Number along with the branch details and IFSC details.
- PAN card of the applicant should be linked to UAN.
- ESIC Card.
After clicking the(Get authorization PIN), the respective person will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number mentioned on the page.
- After receiving the OTP, click on the ‘I Agree’ option and enter the OTP as received on the registered mobile number.
- Once the OTP is entered by the person, click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
Further, to access the Universal Account Number in the future, a user will get a password on the registered mobile number. However, the user can change the password by logging into the UAN Member Portal.
UAN EPF Registration helps the employer and employee both in fetching all the previous Provident Fund records contributed towards EPF. UAN also helps in the withdrawal of PF savings online. Through, UAN EPF Registration, the entire process of maintaining Provident Fund records has moved online.
Read our article:How to apply for EPF Registration online?