NOC from Odisha State Pollution Control Board
The Odisha State Prevention & Control of Pollution Board was established by Notification No. 1481-VII-HI-11/83 (Vol. II)-S.T.E., dt. 15.7.1983, in the erstwhile Department of Science, Technology & Environment, Government of Odisha, in accordance with sub-section (1) of section 4 of Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) (Amendment) Act, 1974. Under Section 5 of Air (P&CP) Act of 1981, the Board also serves as the State Board. Since July 18, 2002, the entire state of Odisha has been designated as an Air Pollution Control Area. The Board was renamed the Odisha State Pollution Control Board. Govt. Notification No. Env.-E (F)/8/89/1882 F&E, dated 16 July 1999.
What are the objectives of OSPCB?
Sustainable Development: - Sustainable development is a broad term that encompasses the need for economic progress while also taking into account environmental conservation and social equality. Controlling the prevention of natural resources is referred to as preventive.
Waste Management: Waste Management is an excellent way to safeguard the environment.
Consumer awareness: Consumer awareness can help reduce pollution by persuading the general people to use CFLs, paper bags, and public transportation instead of firecrackers, plastic bags, and other non-biodegradable products.
Compliance: In order to limit pollution in Gujrat, the OSPCB established specific criteria for companies and health care facilities.
What are the Functions of OSPCB?
- Make recommendations to the Odisha government on any topic relating to the prevention and control of water and air pollution, as well as the improvement of air quality.
- Organize mass-media consumer education initiatives on the prevention and control of air and water pollution, as well as waste management.
- Collect, compile, and present technical and statistical data on air and water pollution.
- Establish standards for sewage and trade effluents, as well as emissions from industrial plants, autos, and health care facilities.
- To contribute to development of new technologies for the treatment of sewage, industrial effluents, and control equipment.
- Issuance of consent certificates to various industries such as Red, Orange, Green, and White.
- Issuance of authorizations to companies and health care facilities in the categories of bio-medical waste authorization, hazardous waste management authorization, plastic waste authorization, battery waste authorization, and e-waste authorization.
Why OSPCB certification is important?
- For the formation of new industries or the continuation of established one.
- For the installation of a new or different electricity connections.
- For installation of a new water connection or a change in an existing one.
- For acquiring a license from the Municipal Authority or renewing an existing one.
- To receive a police license or renew an eating house license to obtain a NOC from the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA).
- Obtaining a letter of authorization from the Fire Department.
- For acquiring an International Trade License.
What are the Documents required to obtain NOC from OSPCB?
- Pan card for Authorized Persons
- Aadhar card for Authorized Persons
- In the case of a Partnership/Company Authorization letter,
- the unit's Pan card is required (except Proprietorship)
- CA Site Plan /Naksha
- FSSAI Certificate for food industries
- Letter for overall project cost
- Ownership Documentation
- GST Certificate for Water Bills
Who are entitle to obtain the OSPCB NOC?
So, the manufacturing units, Health care establishments, Traders, E-waste management entities, Solid waste management entities, Hazardous waste management entities, Battery waste management entities, Plastic waste management entities, Bio-medical waste management entities are eligible to apply for the NOC from Odisha.
How Copbiz can assist you?
- Guidance in obtaining the NOC from SPCB
- Consultation from our professional team
- Drafting the application for NOC and regular monitoring with the Authority Concern
- Arranging and providing the required documents
- Delivering of License
- End-to-end Assistance