NOC from Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee
The Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee (CPCC) was formed in accordance with Section 4(4) of the Water Act of 1974 and Section 6 of the Air Act of 1981, through a notification issued by the Central Pollution Control Board, in which all of the powers and functions of the State Pollution Control Board in relation to Chandigarh were delegated to the Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee. The Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee is a governing body in charge of enforcing several Pollution Control Acts and Rules in the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Work of CPCC
The CPCC has a vast variety of responsibilities drawn from numerous legislative enactments affecting practically every element of the environment. Our work is divided into the following categories:
- Enforcing pollution-control rules.
- Creating and enforcing standards.
- Responding to episodes of pollution.
- Creating awareness and acting as a consultant to stakeholders.
CPCC Classification & Categories
According to the list, Chandigarh industries have been grouped into four categories: red, orange, green, and white, signifying the classification of 649 industries under the new standards.
The Air & Water Act requires industries in the Red, Orange, and Green categories to apply for Consent to Establish (CTE) and Consent to Operate (CTO). White-category industries are exempt from obtaining consent to build and operate; instead, they must notify the Delhi Pollution Control Committee (CPCC) within 30 days of beginning operations with an undertaking.
- Orange Category- 73 Industries
- Red Category- 253 Industries
- Green Category- 120 Industries
- White Category- 203 Industries
The following below areas prepared by master Delhi plan, 2021. This is the main parameter to issue content to establish and consent to operate.
- Industrial area
- Non-industrial area
- Redevelopment area
What are the Functions of DPCC?
- Make recommendations to the Chandigarh government on any issue relating to the prevention and control of water and air pollution, as well as the improvement of air quality.
- Through the media, organize consumer awareness initiatives on the prevention and control of air and water pollution, as well as waste management.
- Collect, compile, and prepare technical and statistical data on contamination of the air and water.
- Set sewage and trade effluents standards, as well as emission standards for industrial plants, autos, and health care facilities.
- To assist with the development of new technology for sewage treatment, trade effluent treatment, and control equipment.
- Consent certificates are issued to industries that fit into several categories, such as Red, Orange, Green, and White.
- Issuing authorizations to companies and health-care facilities, which fall under the categories of Bio-Medical Waste Authorization and Hazardous Waste Management.
- Authorization, Plastic Waste Management, Battery Waste Management, and E-waste Authorization are all topics that need to be addressed.
Why CPCC NOC certification is important?
- For the formation of new industries or the continuation of established one.
- For the installation of a new or different electricity connections.
- For the installation of a new water connection or a change in an existing one.
- For acquiring a license from the Municipal Authority or renewing an existing one.
- To receive a police license or renew an eating house license to obtain a NOC from the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA).
- Obtaining a letter of authorization from the Fire Department.
- For acquiring an International Trade License.
What are the Documents required to obtain NOC from CPCC?
- Pan card for Authorized Persons
- Aadhar card for Authorized Persons
- In the case of a Partnership/Company Authorization letter,
- the unit's Pan card is required (except Proprietorship)
- CA Site Plan /Naksha
- FSSAI Certificate for food industries
- Letter for overall project cost
- Ownership Documentation
- GST Certificate for Water Bills
Who are entitle to obtain the CPCC NOC?
So, the manufacturing units, Health care establishments, Traders, E-waste management entities, Solid waste management entities, Hazardous waste management entities, Battery waste management entities, Plastic waste management entities, Bio-medical waste management entities are eligible to apply for the NOC from CPCC.
How Copbiz can assist you?
- Guidance in obtaining the NOC from SPCB
- Consultation from our professional team
- Drafting the application for NOC and regular monitoring with the Authority Concern
- Arranging and providing the required documents
- Delivering of License
- End-to-end Assistance