FSSAI registration in Coimbatore is a mandate for all food businesses across Coimbatore. If you operate without this legal permit, you will most likely be penalized by authorities sooner or later. Read on to discover the process and paperwork requirements one must comply with to secure FSSAI registration in Coimbatore.
Role of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the sole regulator that governs food businesses in India. The authority also deals with licensing requirements and policy formulations. It falls under the governing legislation called Food Safety and Standard (FSS) Act, 2006. The authority aims to discard sub-standard food or its raw material from the supply chain so that end-users stay safe and healthy.
Category of FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore
The FSSAI registration in Coimbatore is broadly categorized into three different heads, as shown below, based on the scope of operation, business type, and annual turnover.
FSSAI Basic Registration
This license encompasses small businesses, including tea stalls and petty food outlets. It is compulsory for businesses whose yearly income is less than Rs 12 lakh.
FSSAI State Registration
All food businesses whose yearly income ranges between Rs 12 lakh-Rs 20 crores must apply for this license. Form B is the application format for this license.
FSSAI Central Registration
All food business operators that reap more than Rs 20 crores of annual income must apply for this license.
List of Documents Required To Apply For FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore
The documents to be shared with the licensing authority for an FSSAI registration include the following;
- Owners’ photo identity proof.
- Food business address
- Proof of premises possession.
- Business certificate.
- Details concerning the business nature
- List of food articles
The documents for FSSAI State/Central License are as follows:
- Production facility address proof
- The layout concerning the production facility
- Proof of premises tenancy
- Business certificate
- Factory license, if available
- Power-related detail used by the unit, such as power suppliers name, installed capacity of the machinery, and horsepower.
- List and contact information related to partners, directors, and members.
- ID and address proof concerning the managerial officials or authorized signatories.
- Water testing report issued by the accredited lab.
- Form IX if the applicant is the person nominated by the business’s owner
- No Objection Certificate from the manufacturer.
- List of food articles to be manufactured at the facility
- Food safety management system plan
Online Procedure to Apply For FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore
Listed below is the briefing of the online procedure concerning the FSSAI registration in Coimbatore:
- Head to the FSSAI online portal called FoSCoS.
- On the home page, click the option ‘Apply for License/Registration
- Navigate to the drop menu to select the state in which your business resides.
- Next, select the nature of business from the available options.
- Select your production volume or yearly business revenue and click proceed tab.
- On the following window, tap on the option called – ‘Click here to apply for State License for all businesses’ or ‘Click here to apply for registration for all businesses.
- Fill in the relevant details in the e-form, upload the mandatory documents, and submit the applicable fees. Once you are done, hit the Submit tab.
- After successful application submission, the e-form shall be routed to the vetting department, where it will undergo a thorough legal check for any error or non-compliance.
- If the e-form and attested documents come out clean, the authority will accord the registration.
Fees Structure Relating To FSSAI Registration
The fee concerning the FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore is Rs.100.
The standard fee for FSSAI State
The fees for FSSAI State License for different business type is listed below:
- Production unit with a 1MT-2MT/day of production capacity – Rs 5000
- 10000-50000 L of milk production per day – Rs 5000
- Production unit with a 100 kg/day of production capacity – Rs 3000
- 501-10000 L of milk production per day – Rs 3000
- Hotels – Rs 2000
- Food service providers serving offices, education institutes, and schools- Rs 2000
- Banquet halls, clubs with caterers, food vendors like roadside Dhaba- Rs 2000
- Fees for retailers, wholesalers, and distributors of food articles- Rs 2000
Post-Licensing Norms around FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore
- Every manufacturer has to abide by the hygiene norms as prescribed by the regulator.
- Periodic fumigation of the production facility and storage unit is mandatory for businesses dealing with perishable food articles.
- As per the FSSAI’s labeling norms, each food item (irrespective of its shelf life) should reflect details such as manufacturer name, net quantity, FSSAI license number, list of ingredients, and expiry date.
- Severe penalties would come into effect for those who were found gulity of leveraging food adulteration practices of any kind.
- Every manufacturer should maintain proper registers concerning incoming raw materials, vendors, and the in-house process. The FSSAI’s officials have the right to check these records during a surprise inspection.
An FSSAI registration or license is a mandate for manufacturers, distributors, exporters, and importers of food items in Coimbatore. Any non-conformity regarding license obtainment can attract stringent penalties for businesses. Therefore, it would be prudent to abide by FSSAI’s rules and regulations.
Read Our Article: Procedure For Getting Online FSSAI Central License In India