Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, aka APEDA, is a governmental institution founded in 1985 via an act for the development as well as the promotion of export of scheduled products. It facilitates fiscal aid, information, norms towards the development of schedule products. The products that come under APEDA Act are known as schedule products & exporters of such products are mandated to opt for APEDA registration. In this article, you will learn the process of getting registered in APEDA.
What is the Primary Objective of APEDA?
The objective of APEDA is to advocate the export of scheduled products. To do so, APEDA has undertaken various measures under the regulation of the central government. The Indian government underpins some norms and implements via APEDA for the efficient administration of the APEDA Act.
Read our article:How to Start Profitable Wheat Export Business with APEDA & IEC?
What are the Fundamental Activities of APEDA?
Fundamental activities of APEDA Authorities are as follow:
- Promotion of export-oriented production as well as the development of the Scheduled products
- Underpinning the norms and specs for the scheduled products.
- Ensuring registration for exporter on the payment of required fees.
- Improving marketing as well as the packaging of the scheduled products.
- Inspecting products for quality.
- Training in multifarious facets of the industry associated with the scheduled products
- Development of companies dealing with scheduled products and involved with surveys, feasibility studies, etc
- Gathering stats from the factories’ owners.
APEDA is also accountable for the promotion of export and development of the products such as Vegetable, Honey, Fruits, Dairy Products, Biscuits, Confectionery, chocolates, Meat, Bakery Products, Dairy products, Cocoa products, Pickles, floriculture Products, Jaggery and Sugar Products, Papads and Chutneys, etc
What applicant needs to do to get registered in APEDA?
To get registered in APEDA, the applicant is required to furnish an application form within 1 month from the date of starting the business. In case of registration failure within the prescribed time limit, the authority can extend the period of registration in light of justifiable cause.
Upon receiving the duly filled form and requested fees, the authority will grant the Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC). After getting registered in APEDA, the applicant is required to comply with rules & regulations under APEDA Act. Keep in mind that this registration is a one-time registration.
Documents to be furnished for getting registered in APEDA
Make sure to arrange the following documents as they are important to get registered in APEDA.
- Application form enclosing applicant’s signature.
- Copy of IEC certificate i.e. import-export code granted by DGFT.
- Bank certificate reflecting applicant track record transactions and credit.
- Bank statement for the last 2 months.
- Canceled cheque.
Potential Benefits of APEDA Registration
- It elevates the exporting activities related to scheduled products.
- Exporters registered in APEDA would have access to multifarious financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
- It helps exporters in brand promotion via advertisement, database up-gradation, and surveys, etc
- Provides access to information related to multiple products and nations for exporting activities.
- Registered members can take in training sessions arranged by APEDA related to various scheduled products, thereby ensuring business development.
The online process to get registered in APEDA
The offline method for application processing has been obsoleted after the advent of the online portal. Indian government launched this portal as a step toward the ease of doing business and digitization of work. The online portal ensures the simplification of application processing. The steps below let you get registered in APEDA with ease.
- Visit APEDA’s official portal and select the “Register as Member” option.
- Enter the information such as email id, IE code, contact number, and hit the submit tab.
- One Time Password (OTP) for validation purpose will be routed to an email id or contact number. Make sure to enter that OTP on the validation window and hit the Submit to continue.
- After completion of the validation process, fill the web-based form and upload the documents as mentioned on the form. Make sure to upload the documents in the permissible format as mentioned in the form.
- The online application can be completed in more than one session by revisiting the portal via the assigned OTP. Once the data is furnished in the relevant fields, save the data. The data is alterable till the point of making a payment.
- Fee regarding the registration is Rs 5000/ non-inclusive of taxes and can be made via the following modes:
- Credit Card(MasterCard and Visa)
- Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Demand draft i.e. DD in favor of “APEDA” payable with relevant cities
- An application number shall prompt on your screen soon after the payment is completed. This number will be helpful for the applicant as it can be used for future reference.
- After RCMC’s issuance, login detail will be shared with the applicant on their registered credential. The applicant can use their account via the “Exporter Login” link given at the APEDA portal.
- The applicant can view the status of their application via the “Track Application” link and entering the IE code and application number till the point of certificate issuance.
- In case of error detection, the exporter will be accountable for mending the same and resubmitting the document online.
- The final procedure is authentication of RCMC from APEDA personals. As soon as the approval is bestowed the certificate can be accessed on the APEDA portal under the heading “View RCMC Certificate” under RCMC Menu.
APEDA Registration allows exporters to avail tons of growth-driven benefits apart from exporting schedule products. However, to unlock these benefits, exporters must get registered in APEDA in the manner mentioned above. Kindly, hop on to CorpBiz’s helpdesk for more information on the same.
Read our article:Step by Step Process of APEDA Registration in India