FSSAI has made FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers in India mandatory. It ensures food quality and covers a large base of food items or products from restaurants to home bakers. Home bakers are the ones who bake food at their homes and sell them. It could be a cottage industry also that caters to customers’ requirements from their own residences. The home bakers & cottage industries should register themselves. In this write-up, we will discuss FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers in India.
Different Types of FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers in India
Home Bakers in India need to apply for FSSAI Registration under the category of Restaurant as per their annual turnover provided below:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: Home bakers with a turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakh, need to file for the FSSAI Basic Registration. They should fill the Form-A to obtain this Registration.
- FSSAI State License: Home bakers with turnover exceeding Rs. 20 lakh but below Rs. 20 crores need to file for the FSSAI State License and they should fill the Form-B to get this license.
- FSSAI Central License: Home bakers with a turnover of more than Rs. 20 crores, need to file for the FSSAI Central License and they need to file Form-B to obtain this license.
Benefits of Apply for FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers in India
Following are the benefits of FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers:
- The FSSAI License or Registration helps the home bakers to export baked products to foreign markets and reach international food safety & security benchmarks ;
- It helps build a robust relationship with customers as per the FSSAI License assures them of the baked food’s quality, safety, and hygiene;
- It helps obtain funds rapidly from investors and expand the home baking business;
- It builds goodwill, provides credibility, and helps the company gain more customers;
- It enables the home bakers to continue business without legal difficulties and avoid penalties;
- It makes sure that the consumers that the home bakers are committed to public health & comply with the rules and regulations that ensure food safety.
What are the Requirements of FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers?
Over the few years, there has been a sudden rise in the number of home bakers since there has been an upsurge in demand for home baking items. Hence, FSSAI made it obligatory for home bakers to obtain FSSAI Registration or License to regulate the food quality & safety of such bakers. The home bakers will face some legal issues if they don’t obtain FSSAI Registration for baking & selling food products from home.
The FSSAI could charge a fine if home bakers don’t obtain the Registration & also ban them from continuing their food-related business in the future. Without the FSSAI License, home bakers will also not be able to sell their food online via delivery apps. Hence, all home bakers in India must obtain the FSSAI License.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
Following are some vital documents required for Basic FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers:
- Possession proof of home baking premises, i.e., sale deed, rental agreement, etc. It’s vital for a home baker to provide the home address to obtain FSSAI Registration . However, if the home baker has a separate working space like a studio where they bake the food, that address should be provided as the business address.
- List of food provided.
Following are some vital documents required for State FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers:
- Possession proof of office address or home baking premises;
- Proof of expected annual turnover;
- Address proof & photo id issued by the governing authority of the authorised signatory;
- List of foods provided;
- Report analysis of water used in foods from a recognised or public health lab to confirm the quality of drinkable water.
- Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate.
Following are some vital documents required for Central FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers:
Id proof or Identity proof such as PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Ration Card, or Voter Id Card;
- Import Export Code;
- Certificate of product approval;
- Possession Proof of premises of the home baker like sale deed, rent agreement, electricity bill, etc.;
- Permit from the Animal Husbandry Ministry;
- Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate;
- Trade License, Municipality License, Panchayat License, or Corporation License;
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) for the food quality & regulating compliances issued by the FSSAI authority;
- Partnership Deed for Partnership Firm, and Self-Declaration for Proprietorship or MoA (Memorandum of Association) and AoA (Articles of Association) for company.
Procedure of FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers
- First, you must visit the portal of the FoSCoS website;
- Then you have to scroll down and click on the Apply button;
- After that, select the state from the menu where the home baking business is established;
- Select the Food Services option;
- Then scroll down & select the Restaurants option from the list;
- Select the applicable turnover & click on the Proceed option;
- Select the “Click here to apply for Registration for all businesses” option /”Click here to apply for State License for all food businesses”;
- Fill in the necessary details on Form-A/Form-B and click on the Save & Next button;
- Upload all the vital documents;
- Pay the FSSAI Registration Fees & submit the registration form;
- The FSSAI authorities will check the application form and documents. They may also examine the food premises if needed;
- The FSSAI authorities will issue the FSSAI Registration Certificate if they are completely satisfied that the home baker meets all the criteria. The home bakers can now download the FSSAI Registration Certificate by simply logging into the FoSCoS website.
FSSAI Registration varies as per the location of the premises and you can get the FSSAI Registration for every premise where you are conducting business. FSSAI has made FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers in India mandatory. It ensures food quality and covers a large base of food items or products from restaurants to home bakers.
Read our Article:FSSAI Registration Fees and Various Aspects